Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

    Originally posted by idontneedaname
    Do I think a meat skewer costs as much as they charge? Of couse not, it's called profit margin.

    let me ask you this, if it's "only" a meat skewer and Disney won't miss it, then why not give them away free all day to every guest?

    would it be right for a CM working the entrance gate let his/hers friends in for free?
    no

    would it be right if a CM working in the stores giving his/hers friends free souvenirs?
    no

    then why is it right giving free food to friends? because it's under $10?

    there is no way to justify it. it is stealing

    They were not a friend, but an acquaintance of an acquaintance. I didn't mention it expecting any "reward". Yes, it is what we like to call "making magic" and this CM really made it for me that night, and all it cost DL was a couple of pieces of meat.

    And I ne'er said that it wasn't stealing and wasn't trying to justify it, but the fact that you are trying to imply that it is this CM's fault that ticket prices are raised $3 this year is ludicrous.

    Plus, we don't know whether she asked for her lead's permission or not, so this argument is actually moot. She left the counter for a very lng time before she brought it back, so she could have.

    Really, your judgement is ludicrous, and boo on you for hating on CMs so much. If you'll notice my original post, for every BAD CM story, I asked for a GOOD one, to cancel it out. By reading this thread, I'm sure you can tell that more people have GOOD stories than BAD ones.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

    Comment


    • #42
      Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

      I too only have a good one. Acually it is kinda funny. We went to Disneyland in March and got our one day passes and we went through the gates and it was an older lady cast member that took our tickets. She told my husband that she hoped he found his prince charming. My husband looked at me like what the heck then looked down at his ticket and it had Cinderella on it. It made us chuckle for a few minutes after we figured out what she was talking about.

      Comment


      • #43
        Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

        Originally posted by melmel
        They were not a friend, but an acquaintance of an acquaintance. I didn't mention it expecting any "reward". Yes, it is what we like to call "making magic" and this CM really made it for me that night, and all it cost DL was a couple of pieces of meat.

        And I ne'er said that it wasn't stealing and wasn't trying to justify it, but the fact that you are trying to imply that it is this CM's fault that ticket prices are raised $3 this year is ludicrous.

        Plus, we don't know whether she asked for her lead's permission or not, so this argument is actually moot. She left the counter for a very lng time before she brought it back, so she could have.

        Really, your judgement is ludicrous, and boo on you for hating on CMs so much. If you'll notice my original post, for every BAD CM story, I asked for a GOOD one, to cancel it out. By reading this thread, I'm sure you can tell that more people have GOOD stories than BAD ones.
        who said anything about hating CM's
        I'm just calling for what it is

        all you have done is try and justify the fact that it is "only" a meat skewer
        if all they were trying to do is create magic, then why not give them away to everyone?
        because it's lost revenue, that's why.

        my judgment is ludicrous? If I was the manager there, then you better believe that CM would be written up for giving away merchandise with no just cause.


        I'm sure you will find some way to justify it, but at the end of the day it's lost profit for the DLR and that's why prices increase (admission, food, parking, etc.....)
        Last edited by idontneedaname; 08-11-2005, 10:01 PM.

        Comment


        • #44
          Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

          Mel Mel, I'm with ya on this one it was a couple pieces of meat. Not a whole meal. If this would have been a person who was not a cast member would this be as big of a deal?? Or would it have been a cast member being nice to a guest?

          Comment


          • #45
            Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

            Originally posted by disneylover4ever
            Mel Mel, I'm with ya on this one it was a couple pieces of meat. Not a whole meal. If this would have been a person who was not a cast member would this be as big of a deal?? Or would it have been a cast member being nice to a guest?

            so according to your logic, if a CM tells me it's ok to take a t-shirt from a store in DL it's ok? after all, it's not like I am taking the whole outfit.

            I love how everyone looks around the fact that it's stealing. maybe it's not grand theft, but it's still stealing

            not on mel mel's part, but on the CM's part

            Comment


            • #46
              Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

              A manager is always present, so the manager would of seen it, and most likely wouldnt care! Disneyland gives away free stuff to people everyday, it doesn't raise the prices. What raises the prices is people wanting new high tech rides, and updated this, updated that, more of this more of that. Not giving something to someone. Disney is a multi-billion dollar company. They can afford to give stuff away at times!

              I say good on the cm for giving them something as a gift, it was a nice gesture and sure to make there day more magical. For isn't that what Disneyland is about, putting some magic in a persons heart, and smile on that face!






              ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
              ~

              Comment


              • #47
                Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

                Originally posted by Evan-500
                A manager is always present, so the manager would of seen it,
                not necessarily

                I'm done with this topic

                Comment


                • #48
                  Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

                  Bad story:
                  Splash Mt. broke down in the middle of laughin place. We got out a bit later and as i exited I asked the Cast Member working there for a ride pass, they said no
                  Good Story:
                  Whenever i go to disneyland, I be sure to take a ride on the railroad around the park. There is an older man who works on the E.P. Ripley, and He recognized me everytime i go to disneyland ( i go about 3 times every 2 months). He is sooo nice he gave me 5 disney dollars he happened to have with him. Hes really cool. I'v written like 3 compliments at City Hall for him.

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

                    ok, now I feel bad for saying my bad story even though its not too bad
                    I love all Disneyland Cast members, even if they are a bit mad sometimes, they are just doing their job, and i'm sure it can get stressful.

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

                      Originally posted by idontneedaname
                      so according to your logic, if a CM tells me it's ok to take a t-shirt from a store in DL it's ok? after all, it's not like I am taking the whole outfit.

                      I love how everyone looks around the fact that it's stealing. maybe it's not grand theft, but it's still stealing

                      not on mel mel's part, but on the CM's part
                      There is a difference between a meat skewer and a t-shirt. We never said anything about a t-shirt. Cm's give away stuff all the time, THERE ALLOWED TO! They might say give a cheap t-shirt away every now and then, or maybe just a small magnet! Who cares! And say even if they weren't allowed, maybe the cm payed for the 2nd skewer themselves. Your jumping to conclusions that it's stealing way ahead before you know actual facts. The cm could of payed for it themselves! My goodness, your dampening some of the good that is actually in this world. They tried to to something nice for there fellowman, and I would do it to!






                      ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                      ~

                      Comment


                      • #51
                        Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

                        The vast majority of experiances with cast members has been a very positive one for me. I can't even think of one that i would consider a 'bad' experiance. Even if there was a negitive the other 999 positive ones more than make up for it.

                        Comment


                        • #52
                          Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

                          The good experiences definitely outweigh the bad experiences. In reality, I would say that I have never had a "BAD" experience but the occasional non-magic experience, which is going to happen. Most of these I chalk up to the way CM's were treated by the past management. I just returned from taking my family to DL for our vacation in which we stayed at the DisneyLand Hotel. We had 5-day hoppers which were to include one day early admission. I was unaware that as a hotel guest you were able to enter the park any of the early morning days (I had heard they discontinued this.) On our first day we arrived at the Monorail about 10 minutes before park opening and they were letting people in to go up to the station. I handed the CM our tickets which she scanned and then stamped them DL-EE. I asked what this was for and she said, "Welcome to you early admission." I explained that we were only there 10 minutes early and we would prefer to use it on Monday and were willing to wait for the extra 10 minutes. Her response was, "Sorry, you just used you early admission, if you didn't want to use it then you should of not entered." Frustrated I went up to the Monorail (it was now 8am) where another CM told me it didn't matter, but gave no expanation as to why. Upon arriving in the park (at 8:10 or so) I went to City Hall where it was finally expained to me that as a hotel guest I could still come in on Monday. I don't consider it a bad experience, just a frustrating one. I'm sure the CM that took my tickets figured I knew I could still come in on Monday and couldn't figure out why I was so adamant to resolve this. Bad person, No. Bad experience, Not really. Just a training and understanding issue that will hopefully be taken care of as the new management put the place back together.

                          Now, don't get me wrong, there were far more great and magical experiences. The CM at Indy going the extra mile to help my wife find her lost cell phone. Kevin (a Jungle Cruise Skipper) who was working Fantasmic crowd control and entertained my girls for an hour or so with his flashlight. The list goes on and on and on.

                          DLandFansAZ
                          Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

                          Comment


                          • #53
                            Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

                            Ooops, posted a bad story a while back and never posted the good one. Like most said, I have only had one bad experience and MANY good ones. One recently that comes to mind was the nice DCA clean job, but that already has a thread. Another DCA one - we were taking the tortilla tour (for probably the 3rd time that day!), and the CM making the treats in the back went out of her way to talk to us and answer our questions. She was very sweet and knowledgeable about DCA and DL, and the conversation just kept going. She was also careful not to forget other guests during our talk. We love to engage CMs when possible to gain little "tidbits" of info. Afterwards (we didn't ask), she signaled the lady taking the tortillas off the machine to give us a bag (I hope this doesn't start another stealing spin). Anyway, we felt special that someone listened to our silly questions, answered them politely, and gave us something extra for our time. It was a great example of "plussing" the show.

                            Every tour we have taken has been fabulous, but I'll save some of those experiences for another thread. Hats off to CMs!
                            "Search the boat...."
                            First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

                            PROUD Member Of................


                            Do you :love: MiceChat?
                            There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
                            - visit the MiceChat store
                            - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
                            - Sign up for MiceChat Gold!
                            Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

                            Comment


                            • #54
                              Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

                              Originally posted by NemoZorro
                              Afterwards (we didn't ask), she signaled the lady taking the tortillas off the machine to give us a bag (I hope this doesn't start another stealing spin).
                              Oh wonderful, first the skewers and now tortillas, will it ever end? ) Just kidding, we went through the factory for the first time this visit, and although the experience was not that impressive, the CM were very nice. However, I did notice that since they wanted to give everyone a fresh tortilla right out of the machine, there were plenty of extras so I wouldn't worry too much about getting a "free" bag.
                              Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

                              Comment


                              • #55
                                Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

                                This is a bad story from when i was about 9.

                                My mom and i were in line for Thunder Mountain and the lady asked how many and i asked for the back all quick and excitedly before telling her my party number. Then she said very hostily " That's not an answer to my question, now are you gonna give me an answer or not?" i felt like crying i was so sad I understand it if she said it now. but i wasonly 9 she should have cut me a break.
                                Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

                                Comment


                                • #56
                                  Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

                                  Originally posted by DLandFansAZ
                                  Kevin (a Jungle Cruise Skipper) who was working Fantasmic crowd control and entertained my girls for an hour or so with his flashlight.
                                  Boy, does this quote certainly make the mind wander... :ap:

                                  I remember a rude CM on Autopia once, but this was back in 1989 or thereabouts so I can't remember exactly what happened that left me with the memory. I think the gal that was telling people which platform to stand on had a real attitude.

                                  Comment


                                  • #57
                                    Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

                                    Originally posted by wjerseyqueen
                                    have you ever met an employee half as nice at a baskin robbins?
                                    Once I bought ice cream there for me and two friends, and the guy charged me $11 for three ice creams! I realized I was overcharged when I got home. :bang:

                                    I have no bad CM stories, but guest stories... God. You want DL or WDW? Once, in City Hall, a man was looking at the huge Disneyland "D" emblazoned on the floor and waited in line at City Hall and asked the cast member, "Excuse me, does that 'D' on the floor stand for Michael D. Eisner's middle name?" Not a rude guest, but oblivious. :bash:

                                    Comment


                                    • #58
                                      Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

                                      Originally posted by runswithscissors
                                      during may, i went to disneyland to watch remember.. well it was really packed and we just arrived when it started. we were close to the castle near frontierland. then during the beginning, there's this cast member that kept telling me to move. i was taping the fireworks show btw. and it was PACKED. you couldn't move at all because of all the people. he kept repeatedly telling me to move, and he kept flashing his light saber at my face and i said, "HOW COULD I MOVE WITH THIS AMOUNT OF PEOPLE, CAN'T YOU SEE THE CROWDS SIR?!" then he started to push me and my dad and he kept slightly pushing us thinking that it would make the mass of people move towards frontierland. so then my dad pushed him back because he was tired of him barking at us when there's nothing we could do. he threatened me and my dad saying that we'll get arrested for not moving. so throughout half of the fireworks show he kept bothering us to move when we still can't! then he called security and i got semi-scared. then they finally realized that due to the massive crowds, they can't do anything about it. then he FINALLY left us alone.

                                      when i went home and upoloaded everything from my digital camera, i watched the video of the fireworks, and you could hear everything he was saying ): way to go killing the magic. lol
                                      Now that was downright rude and evil of this CM to just push you and your family like that! If anyone did that to me, I would have them fired so fast, it would make their heads spin like the teacups, lol!

                                      Comment


                                      • #59
                                        Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

                                        Originally posted by Disney Lover
                                        Wow, I sure envy all you people who have no bad CM stories! That must be wonderful; unfortunately I have encountered more bad CMs than I even care to admit to my own purist heart, particularly in the pre-Matt era and particularly at DCA.

                                        One of the worst: In line at the Matterhorn, a female castmember who obviously felt she had far more authority than she actually did, asked "How many?" as we neared the front of the line. I said, "2, but we need to sit separately." She said, "Take Number 1 & 2!" We did so and stood there waiting our turn to board.
                                        Suddenly, I felt two hands clamp down heavily on my shoulders as this castmember literally MOVED me over to the #1 gate, muttering coldly "Not there, HERE!" I was so stunned, I actually started shaking.

                                        I whipped around, pushed her away and yelled, "Don't touch me!" She yelled back at me pointing her finger, "Get back in Number 1! You can't sit separately, Sir, it's not allowed! I'm in charge, you sit where I tell you!" Well, all I can say is that my temper flared more hot than I can ever remember and I gave her a piece of my mind, rather loudly I must say, holding up the entire line for a good minute or so. As I boarded the train still shaken (in Number 2 by the way), I was relieved to see that it was not just my own perception because the entire waiting line applauded me and gave me thumbs up as our car departed into the mountain.

                                        When we exited the ride, a manager was RIGHT THERE assisting me out of my car and asking for the full story. He tried to give me a free FastPass to compensate for the incident, but I kindly refused and told him this was serious enough for a full City Hall complaint. A FastPass would not suffice. Arhhhhh, the memories of that castmember (dare I call her that) still make me burn when I'm reminded of the incident.

                                        Anyway, I have just as many wonderful stories as well about the REAL castmembers that make our trips so enjoyable and will enjoy sharing those on other threads...
                                        Ooh, if she would have done that to me, I would have slapped her face until my hand hurts, then slapped her again for making it hurt! She had NO right to do that and I hope she got fired for her crime!

                                        Comment


                                        • #60
                                          Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

                                          Originally posted by Disney Lover
                                          Wow, I sure envy all you people who have no bad CM stories! That must be wonderful; unfortunately I have encountered more bad CMs than I even care to admit to my own purist heart, particularly in the pre-Matt era and particularly at DCA.

                                          One of the worst: In line at the Matterhorn, a female castmember who obviously felt she had far more authority than she actually did, asked "How many?" as we neared the front of the line. I said, "2, but we need to sit separately." She said, "Take Number 1 & 2!" We did so and stood there waiting our turn to board.
                                          Suddenly, I felt two hands clamp down heavily on my shoulders as this castmember literally MOVED me over to the #1 gate, muttering coldly "Not there, HERE!" I was so stunned, I actually started shaking.

                                          I whipped around, pushed her away and yelled, "Don't touch me!" She yelled back at me pointing her finger, "Get back in Number 1! You can't sit separately, Sir, it's not allowed! I'm in charge, you sit where I tell you!" Well, all I can say is that my temper flared more hot than I can ever remember and I gave her a piece of my mind, rather loudly I must say, holding up the entire line for a good minute or so. As I boarded the train still shaken (in Number 2 by the way), I was relieved to see that it was not just my own perception because the entire waiting line applauded me and gave me thumbs up as our car departed into the mountain.

                                          When we exited the ride, a manager was RIGHT THERE assisting me out of my car and asking for the full story. He tried to give me a free FastPass to compensate for the incident, but I kindly refused and told him this was serious enough for a full City Hall complaint. A FastPass would not suffice. Arhhhhh, the memories of that castmember (dare I call her that) still make me burn when I'm reminded of the incident.

                                          Anyway, I have just as many wonderful stories as well about the REAL castmembers that make our trips so enjoyable and will enjoy sharing those on other threads...
                                          Sorry for the double posts
                                          Last edited by Ex-SmallWorld CM; 12-12-2005, 11:21 AM. Reason: Accidentally posted twice

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X