X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

Originally posted by splashmountainfreak
    That kind of stuff really ticks me off. If he was strapped in there was no way he could get out, even if he tried, so I don't really see the "safety issue" there. And it's not their place to tell you whether or not he should ride. I hope you reported them to City Hall or something.
    The safety restraints are only designed to hold you in based on the normal operation of the ride.

Comment

The Cast Members are indeed trained that if a child does not want to go on the attraction they cannot allow the child on, regardless of what the parent says for safety reasons. Same as the argument "I'm the parent, I say its OK if my child goes on this attraction even though hes under the height restriction."

That being said... the Cast Members should have come up with a reasonable solution, such as a parent swap pass, maybe talking to the child to see if they can get him to agree to go on the attraction, etc.

Comment

My bad experience was last September at Space Mountain.
        We took my daughter and my two step daughters (whom we only see sporadically) to Disneyland. Last time we all rode SM together was 2001. We always buy the picture as a souvenir, since we can only manage to take all the girls every couple of years

This recent trip we went into the ride and said "5" so they loaded us 2, 2 and 1 (separate cars). We were so excited to ride it after so long that we did not care or notice that we were not all together.
        2nd time we rode, my 17 year old stepdaughter was at the front so I told her make sure you ask CM to put us all together in one car, please (for the picture)...I heard CM mumble something to her and they still loaded us separately...of course, who wants to make a big fuss and hold the line?

3rd (and last time we got to ride SM on this trip) I decide my stepdaughter was not assertive enough, I'm going to ask (nicely of course) for all 5 of us to be loaded in one car so we can have a picture together IN ONE CAR. The CM, a girl this time, just rudely told me she could not do it...basically she had an attitute that said"do you want to ride or not because look at the line behind you" she could not care less about my silly picture.

I was really peeved, it's a silly but a lot of people only get to go to the park so often KWIM? And what was the big deal with putting us in the same car anyway? Yes, you could kind of see all of us in one of the shots but other times we've sat 2,2,1 (my hubby in the back) in one car and the picture is great!

OK, vent over I feel better now

Comment

That's weird, I always notice CMs holding up the line so parties can go together. Maybe not so much on SM but on other rides I see it happen. I don't mind at all and I woulda complained to City Hall if I was you.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X