Has anyone ever rode the Doom Buggies back to the loading area?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lacrossedragon
    • Sep 2005

Has anyone ever rode the Doom Buggies back to the loading area?

*Shivers*
    That dark tunnel scares me... Does anyone know anything about the trip back to the Loading 'Docks'?

Maybe it's just a childhood repressed memory, but I get goose bumps thinking about it...and it's most likely just a short dark trip back.
  • Schmielsen
    • Jun 2006

Re: Has anyone ever rode the Doom Buggies back to the loading area?

Never--Who gets to do that?

Comment

• Momeraths
      Regular Newbie :)
      • May 2006

I have always wanted to... but, I can never think of an excuse where I would need to!

Comment

• frodo potter
        I am the Governator!!
        • Mar 2005

Anyone with a wheelchair has to back aroud to the loading dock and then take the elevator back up to get out. Crazy Legs does it all the time and has even been bitten by the house in that part of the ride
        I will save the princess, though I do not know the way.

Comment

• Lacrossedragon
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Schmielsen
          Never--Who gets to do that?
          Maybe a sleeping grandma/grandpa... Hmmm, I wonder if mine would be willing to partake in an experiment.

Originally posted by frodo potter[/url
          ]Anyone with a wheelchair has to back aroud to the loading dock and then take the elevator back up to get out. Crazy Legs does it all the time and has even been bitten by the house in that part of the ride
          Story time!!

Comment

• Momeraths
            Regular Newbie :)
            • May 2006

haha... so you just have to have a wheel chair? I wonder if that's worth the $28 rental fee?

Comment

• wolfy
              Still wants to be a cat!
              • Jan 2005

Been there done that!...Many times!
              Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
              it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

• Princessa_Susy
                • Feb 2006

i have always wanted to do that!..........

Comment

• MissChristine
                  Scentsy Minion
                  • Apr 2005

Yeah. Thanks to Crazy Legs. If you get on the attraction and you've transfered from a scooter or wheelchair or whatever, you can't go up that ramp at the end of the ride since your vehicle is back where you got on. SO, you go through that "dark, scary" tunnel and get off of the attraction where you originally got on. And get this....you get to ride in the rare, freekish, SHRINKING ELEVATOR!!! :lol:
                  MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

• Princessa_Susy
                    • Feb 2006

^wow! that sounds exciting..i want to!.....hmmmm but how? hehehe

Comment

• PirateMickey
                      A Pirate's life for me!
                      • Sep 2005

Yeah, we've done it quite a few times (wheelchair). Not much to see, really. You can get a glimpse of a CM room, and some of the floor underneath is lit up (you can see through the track in the floor).

Really, the best part of it all is the opportunity to go "up" the elevator (now the shrinking room).

Enjoy!

Comment

• pixie chick
                        Prefect

• Jun 2005

It's not as exciting as it may seem. Although I guess it is a semi-rare Disney experience.

It's not really that far from the unloading area back to the loading area. It's just a black tunnel with a room on the left hand side where CM's monitor the feed from security cameras. It's covered by a black curtain, but sometimes you can see a little. They get testy if they see you peeking, though!!

The shrinking elevator is kinda cool because the lights are all on & there aren't usually many people in there with you. I always wish the audio would play in reverse, though...."Paul is dead..."... :lol:
                        <o>

Comment

• Disneylandrocks55
                          Official Mice Chat person
                          • Apr 2005

I've always wanted to do this... How long is it? I always figured the loading area was just around the corner.

Comment

• wolfy
                            Still wants to be a cat!
                            • Jan 2005

It is just around the corner, you pass by security and over the control area for the ride........then down a decline into the loading area. That's about it.
                            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                            it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

• Melonballer
                              Shablagoo!
                              • May 2005

I've done it a few times as well. My sister was in a wheelchair so our whole party got to ride around and in the unstretching room. It's a cool experience to do once, mostly so you can say you have done it.

Comment

• Mojave
                                DLR Construction nut
                                • Nov 2005

Once you get back in the wheelchair at the loading zone, if there is a huge crowd, how do they get you back to the unshinking room?

Comment

• Goin2DL
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mojave
                                  Once you get back in the wheelchair at the loading zone, if there is a huge crowd, how do they get you back to the unshinking room?
                                  There is a section along the wall, under the moving busts and past the windows that is chained off. You walk along that area and wait behind the chain untill the next group comes out of the stretching room, then you go in.

Comment

• Wicket
                                    Wicket Pan the Avenger!
                                    • May 2006

i always thought that there were monsters back there
                                    "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
                                    "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
                                    "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

Comment

• Hilsbro
                                      The Useless Prince
                                      • Apr 2005

I still wanna do this...

Comment

• Anders
                                        back to basics
                                        • Apr 2005

as has been said, it's mostly a short hallway with a black curtain blocking off the view of the CMs watching the cameras, then it goes down the "stairway" that you see to the right of the loading area. the "shrinking room" is the creepy part.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X