This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim

How far is Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim from Disneyland?

I am a person who doesn't like to drive. Would it be alright if I walk from Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim?

I have been trying to look into the cheapest way in getting to Disneyland. Since I will be coming all the way from Delaware.
    Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Re: Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim

What's the street address on that? I'll check it on my hotel map.
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil. :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by bejeweledcat
      What's the street address on that? I'll check it on my hotel map.
      It says 1441 S Manchester Ave. It also says that it is only 1 block from Disneyland

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Well, they didn't lie. The problem is there is no direct walk thru to Disney. Where you should just walk down one street and you are there, you can't. You have to go all the way around. It's not a bad walk. You walk past a bunch of hotels, McD's and Mimi's and turn at HoJo's, then walk around back of McD's.

My only concern is how recently was it renovated. We stayed there about 18 months ago when it was the Penny Sleeper Inn and wouldn't recommend it. The beds were painfully ancient and if you are in a room at the front of the motel there was a lot of freeway noise. The grounds themselves were attractive and the staff was great but the rooms needed a lot of work. Hopefully Quality Inn renovated when they bought it.

Any one else stayed since it changed hands?
        A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
        In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil. :evil:

Comment

I don't know about that place but about 3 years ago my family and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn just down the road. We had a view of the park (TL mostly) and got to watch the fireworks (including fantasmic's) from the balcony, very cool. The road noise never bugged us. The walk isn't too bad either. If you can walk around Disneyland all day this will seem like a walk to the end of your driveway. I mean the entrance isn't exactly close but it does kind of help you get warmed up for the long, long, long day ahead.

P.S.: If you check fairfield's website enough you usually can get rooms for a steal of a deal, at least we do.
          - Horizonsfan

Comment

Originally posted by horizonsfan92
            I don't know about that place but about 3 years ago my family and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn just down the road. We had a view of the park (TL mostly) and got to watch the fireworks (including fantasmic's) from the balcony, very cool. The road noise never bugged us. The walk isn't too bad either. If you can walk around Disneyland all day this will seem like a walk to the end of your driveway. I mean the entrance isn't exactly close but it does kind of help you get warmed up for the long, long, long day ahead.

P.S.: If you check fairfield's website enough you usually can get rooms for a steal of a deal, at least we do.
            ok,thank you. Yes, I should of really asked which non-disneyland hotel would be best and I am looking for one that would a not so bad walking distance.

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by sailorcomet
              ok,thank you. Yes, I should of really asked which non-disneyland hotel would be best and I am looking for one that would a not so bad walking distance.
              I thought that place was pretty good. Obviously it isn't any Ritz Carlton but it is probably one of the nicer econo. hotels.
              - Horizonsfan

Comment

From what I understand, the Candy Cane inn has an exclusive shuttle to Disney. You might want to check it out.

jan
                Janette

Comment

funny that you mention this , on my last trip , June 3rd , we stayed there , it was fine , our room was clean , AC worked rad , we had fresh towels everyday , our room was $65 a night through orbitz ,

i personally dont like relying on shuttles , i like to walk and rely on myself to get me there , we walked back and forth for 2 days , and its easy , plus there is a McDonlads on the way if you are into that , from my google earth satalite view , it is directly lined up with INNOVENTIONS , only on the next street back from harbor , if that makes sense..

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...12091&t=k&om=1

try that out ,

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Originally posted by GrimmGreen
                    funny that you mention this , on my last trip , June 3rd , we stayed there , it was fine , our room was clean , AC worked rad , we had fresh towels everyday , our room was $65 a night through orbitz ,

i personally dont like relying on shuttles , i like to walk and rely on myself to get me there , we walked back and forth for 2 days , and its easy , plus there is a McDonlads on the way if you are into that , from my google earth satalite view , it is directly lined up with INNOVENTIONS , only on the next street back from harbor , if that makes sense..

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...12091&t=k&om=1

try that out ,
                    Hello and thank. I'm checking out the map now.

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

after clicking on the link i sent you , i realized its not quite where i wanted i wanted it to be , once at google maps just search the adress of the hotel , it should come up no problem.. sorry bout that

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Originally posted by GrimmGreen
                        after clicking on the link i sent you , i realized its not quite where i wanted i wanted it to be , once at google maps just search the adress of the hotel , it should come up no problem.. sorry bout that
                        I got it, thank you. I just putted the addresses of both the hotel and Disneyland. fun to see Disneyland from up there.^_^

I bookmarked it.

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by sailorcomet
                          How far is Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim from Disneyland?

I am a person who doesn't like to drive. Would it be alright if I walk from Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim?
                          Not likely, unless you're in good shape. I just stayed at the Howard Johnson's, right up the street. As Bejeweled Cat said, it's a block away and down the street, which might be okay in the morning, but think about after a 12 hour day in the park. If you've ever read the original "Little Mermaid" story, where the sea witch said every step would feel like knives in her feet, you've got the idea.

Also, that side of Harbor is right next to the busiest freeway in the state. Maybe I'm just a pampered country bumpkin who's used to dead quiet at night, but oy vey, the noise never stops!

Finally, that area is a little bit isolated as far as services. Whereas the Harbor/Katella intersection has two 7-11's, a Chinese restaurant, and a donut shop nearby, the I-5 side has nothing. Leastways, that's how I remember; I didn't go too far down Manchester.

Here's the deal: For real walking distance, stick to hotels that have Harbor or Katella addresses, remember DL is the 1300 block, and plan accordingly. Lots of hotels like to say they're "close to DL," but close doesn't mean walking distance. Remember, there's only one pedestrian entrance into DL, and it's on Harbor, halfway between Katella and I-5. That's it (unless you're coming from an on-property hotel, which you're not).
                          Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
                          Charter Member

Comment

Think: Fairfield Inn By Marriot. We love it there are it is extreamly close to the entrance. I mean, lots can say they are right across the street or one block down, but you need access to the ENTRANCE or prepare to talk a long lonag way
                            sigpicDisney Road

Comment

Originally posted by Broadway Guru
                              Not likely, unless you're in good shape. I just stayed at the Howard Johnson's, right up the street. As Bejeweled Cat said, it's a block away and down the street, which might be okay in the morning, but think about after a 12 hour day in the park. If you've ever read the original "Little Mermaid" story, where the sea witch said every step would feel like knives in her feet, you've got the idea.

Also, that side of Harbor is right next to the busiest freeway in the state. Maybe I'm just a pampered country bumpkin who's used to dead quiet at night, but oy vey, the noise never stops!

Finally, that area is a little bit isolated as far as services. Whereas the Harbor/Katella intersection has two 7-11's, a Chinese restaurant, and a donut shop nearby, the I-5 side has nothing. Leastways, that's how I remember; I didn't go too far down Manchester.

Here's the deal: For real walking distance, stick to hotels that have Harbor or Katella addresses, remember DL is the 1300 block, and plan accordingly. Lots of hotels like to say they're "close to DL," but close doesn't mean walking distance. Remember, there's only one pedestrian entrance into DL, and it's on Harbor, halfway between Katella and I-5. That's it (unless you're coming from an on-property hotel, which you're not).
                              honestly i would have to disagree , its a quick walk , i have stayed there the last 3 years , so 6 trips all together , and it's maybe 2 extra min of walking ,( and i'm a fat kid who hates walking )once you get to harbor , and in years past i have had 2 rooms facing the freeway , and from inside the room you could not hear the freeway , they are quiet rooms , dont cout it out yet , i think its a great value , especialy if it means the defferance between $65 per night and $100+ per night , also the HowardJonsons is roughly 10 feet from the quality inn on manchester st
                              Last edited by GrimmGreen; 06-20-2006, 08:22 AM.

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X