This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's Day crowds, FYI

I was there on Father's Day, and the crowds weren't too bad, even though I had to go home early because of stomach flu. Haunted Mansion and Pooh were walk ons, HM was like that pretty much the whole time I was there, from 2-7 p.m. Space Mountain had a standby wait time of 45 minutes, Buzz Lightyear had 5 minutes. Splash Mountain still had a wait of 90 minutes. Jungle Cruise walk on. Indiana Jones, 15 minutes.

Those were all the rides I was able to go on or see, in between a visit to the first aid office (who were great, by the way) and leaving early with killer cramps from the stupid stomach flu.

Oh well, there's always August.

Re: Father's Day crowds, FYI

the park was surprisingly quiet Sunday, Space Mountain was down a good portion of the day and yet the lines for most attractions weren't bad at all, with the exception of Splash of course.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Yup, it was a great day for lower than normal crowds. But, Space Mtn sure had its share of hiccups all day. It was shut down a number of times and then was closed from around 8pm until closing. I was bummed. But it was funny because I went to ride Star Tours and the line was out the door! At 10:30PM!!

Comment

Even though I'm a big DL fan and a father, Father's Day is best spendt at home with couch time and very little to do. Add the US Open with Phil in the lead (he imploded on 17 & 18 of course) and Padres v. Angels on TV to the mix and the recliner was the place to be.

Comment

Sunday was great. I guess everyone was travelling out of town to do things with Dad, but it was suprisingly light for late June!

Comment

I agree, the park was really dead, especially in the morning.

We did Peter Pan, Dumbo, Casey Jr, Matterhorn, Buzz, Star Tours, Indy, HM, Pooh, Big Thunder, Snow White, Pinnochio, Splash, Big Thunder (again), DLRR, ToT, Screamin', Grizzly and a couple of quick shows.

What time did Space reopen? It was still closed when we left about 330ish.

Comment

Thanks for the 411!
              I sadly wasn't able to make it!
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...