This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs!!

Went to the park tonight for a couple of hours. In Tomorrowland, walking from the entrance, all the way around Club Buzz, past Autopia, and around the Matterhorn. The entire time, little clouds of black bugs flew over our heads, stalking us! The park needs to do something about this, because it's disgusting, and it almost made me want to leave!

Anyone else experienced this?

Plus, have ya'll seen the big new orange cone they put up over the first "A" in "CALIFORNIA" in front of California Adventure? It runs an ad for the Block Party Bash, their first real promotion of it. I was going to take a picture, but I had left my celly in the car!

The cone fits well in front of CA Adv., given CalTrans on the local So Cal freeways lately!! Especially the 22!!
    Last edited by melmel; 04-14-2005, 10:52 PM.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Originally posted by melmel
    The cone fits well in front of CA Adv., given CalTrans on the local So Cal freeways lately!! Especially the 22!!
    I knew that Disney hired the DRC to work on future ideas for DCA, maybe to 'restore' the park. Afterall, they did lose all their D'ni funding.
    -Monorail Man

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man
      I knew that Disney hired the DRC to work on future ideas for DCA, maybe to 'restore' the park. Afterall, they did lose all their D'ni funding.
      I'm afraid I don't get it.
      Member of the Disney Class of 2005
      Disneyland CM for 4 years.
      May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

I'm afraid I don't get it.
        It's an extremely inside Uru joke. Their was this 'restoration council' in the game that had this obsession of warning explorers with traffic cones.
        -Monorail Man

Comment

Ugh I hate bugs. That must have stunk

Comment

Could be worse, you could have Virginia Dept. Of Transportation (VDOT) working on the roads. 11 Y-E-A-R-S under construction, and I-64 still isn't expected to be complete until late 2006! "VDOT- Causing traffic jams since 1994"

Sorry about the bugs (I presume gnatts), I never ran into that problem, either as a guest or a CM. Typically DL is pretty good with pest control.

Comment

Went to the park tonight for a couple of hours. In Tomorrowland, walking from the entrance, all the way around Club Buzz, past Autopia, and around the Matterhorn. The entire time, little clouds of black bugs flew over our heads, stalking us! The park needs to do something about this, because it's disgusting, and it almost made me want to leave!
              Sometimes nature just can't be controlled.

Comment

Those bugs are leftovers from the Paul and Cynthia era. I heard that just this morning CM Matt was out there with killing them himself by hand.
                That Guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Mitchell
                  Those bugs are leftovers from the Paul and Cynthia era. I heard that just this morning CM Matt was out there with killing them himself by hand.
                  That's awesome..go Matt lol. I think the bugs were just trying to get a good seat for the Remember testing...
                  -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                  I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

They should just herd them over to DCA- then they wouldn't bother anyone......

I heard that there have been a kind of bug planted in the park that eats the larvae of houseflies and that's why you don't see them at the park, kind of like the cats keep the mice away. Anyone know if that is true?
                    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                    Help support the site you love:
                    -Visit the MiceChat store
                    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
                      They should just herd them over to DCA- then they wouldn't bother anyone......

I heard that there have been a kind of bug planted in the park that eats the larvae of houseflies and that's why you don't see them at the park, kind of like the cats keep the mice away. Anyone know if that is true?
                      sounds reasonable. Disney always wants to be environmentally friendly, and avoiding use of pesticides is definitely a noble cause.
                      -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                      I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=melmel]Went to the park tonight for a couple of hours. In Tomorrowland, walking from the entrance, all the way around Club Buzz, past Autopia, and around the Matterhorn. The entire time, little clouds of black bugs flew over our heads, stalking us! The park needs to do something about this, because it's disgusting, and it almost made me want to leave!

Anyone else experienced this?

OMG !!! That happed to my husband in both parks. :lol: MY kids and I couldnt stop laughing. :lol: It happened right outside of fronteer land and also in DCA by the bugs life entrance....
                        :ap: "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." :ap:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X