This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasmic Special Seating

Can you call ahead to make reservations for Fantasmic Special Seating/Dessert Buffet?
    What phone number should you use?
    thanks!
    The Hedgehog's Dilemma

Be careful - they're now selling alternate "preferred seating" which is not in the balcony section, but they don't tell you this up front. When you report to the Disney Gallery they send you over by the Haunted Mansion where there's a roped-off area with a partially obstructed side view, cookies and coffee - no cakes, no famed dessert buffet. By the way, this meager offering costs the same ($50) as the real preferred seating in the balcony with the good dessert, and there is no apparent reason why you get worse food offerings in the alternate area.

For the time being, I have to recommend Disney fans avoid the Fantasmic seating until DL gets its act together and makes the two more equivalent, or at least charges less for the alternate seating.
    "Mr. Toad is still doing the Wild Thing in SoCal" -Fake Robert Christgau, http://christgaudoesdisney.tumblr.com/

Comment

I disagree (respectfully). I think the ground-level seating is a great offering for guests. It garantees an unobstructed view of the show, has a great selection of treats (biscotti, tuxedo strawberries, jelly filled pastry goodies, cookies, etc), and it includes hot and cold beverage service (INCLUDING MINT JULEP!! ). Arguably, the view is better than the balcony because the projectors emit a good amount of glare upwards, plus there are 50 compfortably spaced seats, instead of the 21 cramped seats on the balcony. There's almost ALWAYS ground-level seating available day-of too (for last minute suprises, gifts, etc), while the balcony ALWAYS books 30 days in advance (unless we add a 3rd show at the last minute on high-capacity days).
      -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
      -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
      --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

Thats good info thanks!

I had wondered about the other preferred seating. I had thought it was a less price, with like a box dinner.

I haven't done the balcony since 2000, and that had been my fourth time, so I doubt I will do it again, but it was a great experience!
        Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Originally posted by AP2CM
          I disagree (respectfully). I think the ground-level seating is a great offering for guests. It garantees an unobstructed view of the show, has a great selection of treats (biscotti, tuxedo strawberries, jelly filled pastry goodies, cookies, etc), and it includes hot and cold beverage service (INCLUDING MINT JULEP!! ). Arguably, the view is better than the balcony because the projectors emit a good amount of glare upwards, plus there are 50 compfortably spaced seats, instead of the 21 cramped seats on the balcony. There's almost ALWAYS ground-level seating available day-of too (for last minute suprises, gifts, etc), while the balcony ALWAYS books 30 days in advance (unless we add a 3rd show at the last minute on high-capacity days).
          AP2CM, I respect your opinion. There certainly is more room down there. However, we didn't get nearly as good a selection of food as you describe (certainly worse than the balcony), our view was partially blocked (the seats are not on the river but back a bit and behind some cement pilings), and most importantly, we were told that we would be on the balcony until we showed up and found out differently - which I believe is deceptive on Disney's part. I can't imagine that the average guest would see the two as an equivalent value. Until the CMs selling the tickets can be trusted to tell you exactly which seating you're getting, I suggest guests avoid this program altogether.
          "Mr. Toad is still doing the Wild Thing in SoCal" -Fake Robert Christgau, http://christgaudoesdisney.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by stalking lily chou-chou
            Can you call ahead to make reservations for Fantasmic Special Seating/Dessert Buffet?
            What phone number should you use?
            thanks!
            From the Disneyland webpage:

Special Fantasmic! seating is available for an additional charge on the Disney Gallery balcony. Tickets may be purchased up to 30 days in advance by calling Disney Dining at (714) 781-4400.

My mother and I set in the Balcony on January 1st. If they are shooting fireworks try to get the seats for the Fantasmic show just before the fireworks - they let us stay there until the fireworks show ended.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X