This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irrefutable proof that Disneyland is horribly understaffed

I have proof beyond any other that Disneyland's understaffing issues have reached a new low...

BEHOLD, the amazingly rare Manager Costume!

And yes; when I asked her about it she actually referred to it as the "Manager Costume"
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Re: Irrefutable proof that Disneyland is horribly understaffed

well ... 'tis nice to see management shiftin' their cargo and showin' us their lardboard sides
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

Wow, I have never seen this before inside the park. That is bad show.

Comment

In my days at WDW, being short-staffed was a reason for the managers to go into hiding. Unless there was an emergency, they didn't want to be around, lest they end up having to work and help out.

Inside the parks it's not great show, but if it keeps the ride running at capacity and things moving (as well as allowing the ride's CMs to get breaks and lunches pushed through and keep them happier during their day), then I'm all for it.
        Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

Comment

Kinda lame manager costume.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcoaster
            In my days at WDW, being short-staffed was a reason for the managers to go into hiding. Unless there was an emergency, they didn't want to be around, lest they end up having to work and help out.

Inside the parks it's not great show, but if it keeps the ride running at capacity and things moving (as well as allowing the ride's CMs to get breaks and lunches pushed through and keep them happier during their day), then I'm all for it.
            Your'e right. You have to give her credit for stepping up.

Comment

I refute it!

See, it was refutable!
              I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by mrcoaster

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it. But they should at least go through the same costuming procedures as the rest of the CM's when they do. They're all about the Disney look and maintaining the show; the least they could do is follow their own regulations.
                Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

I completely agree. I doubt you'd see many managers actually go get a costume change though. Too much hassle and many of them think they're above it. Not all, but it's part of the "that's not my job" mindset that creeps in at just about any workplace, not just DL.

It's great that somebody's helping out there, but you are right that if it's anything more than a very brief period of assistance, they should hook up with the appropriate costume.
                  Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

Comment

That's not even a nice "manager costume."

Comment

I guess the next step down would be if anyone sees a "Guest Costume." Free name tag with each park hopper purchased.
                      Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Maybe they could get guests to pay for the "Work at DL Tour." Pay $50 and get to "work" a couple of attractions for six hours. They could costume 'em up and train them to work unload or greeter positions only - where they won't have to actually do anything safety-related. Bam! Instant help for free, and it's profitable, too!

Comment

Even leads in the restaurants (who wore blue blazers with ties or dresses/pantsuits) as well as supervisors (suits and ties, or nice ladies outfits) dressed better than that in my DL generation...

--Barry
                          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

That is really bad - sooooooooo sad. Takes the magic right out of the park really quick when your crazy aunt is loading and unloading a ride.

Comment

If someone is on stage and he or she is wearing a name tag, he or she needs to be in costume, no matter what.

I'm actually glad that many of the T.D.A. people take their name tags off when they wander on stage. Jackets and ties do not a costume make. And, business-casual attire especially does not.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X