Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

What do "you" have in common with Walt Disney?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbaraann
    started a topic What do "you" have in common with Walt Disney?

What do "you" have in common with Walt Disney?

I thought this might really spark some interesting comments. What do you, yourself, have in common with Walt Disney. I, myself, can only claim that I also was born in Chicago. Those of us that love Disneyland and the other Disney Parks, of course, share his basic spirit and ideals, but I was thinking of perhaps specific things.

Do you share his first name, second name? Do you have a husband named Walt? A wife named Lillian? You get the idea. Were you born on the same day? December 5th, I believe. Same month?

So be creative. What do you you have in common with Walt Disney?

• Disneylandrocks55
    replied
    Originally posted by fearsnda
    Morals?
    Yes, Walt had good morals. He didn't put anything 'risky' in his cartoons because he said that, "There is enough of that stuff already out there with out me having to add to it".

Leave a comment:

• Tedi Bara
    replied
    My birthday is December 3rd and I love to travel and have dreams of making it big

Leave a comment:

• Aladdin
    replied
    My middly name is Walter !

Leave a comment:

• DisneyParkFan
    replied
    I grew up in Missouri like Walt Disney, not far from the railroad trains which I could hear as I went to sleep at night.
    I have a love for Mickey Mouse. NOT that's there is anything wrong with that!
    People say I sign the "D" in my last name just like the "D" in Disney. (That's not on purpose!)

Leave a comment:

• Coastierox
    replied
    Wanting to be able to do fun things with my children!

Leave a comment:

• fearsnda
    replied
    Originally posted by Disneylandrocks55
    Well, from books I've read I share so much with walt! I would have been best friends with him if I was alive when he was. I swear, from all the books I read I think just like him! I share the same morals and everything.... That's why I want to be an Imagineer.
    Morals?

Leave a comment:

• fearsnda
    replied
    Originally posted by tiggergrl
    Well, walt disney's birthday is December 5th, and so is mine I guess that's why i'm such a disney freak
    Then you and Walt and my wife all share the same birthday!

Leave a comment:

• Disneylandrocks55
    replied
    Well, from books I've read I share so much with walt! I would have been best friends with him if I was alive when he was. I swear, from all the books I read I think just like him! I share the same morals and everything.... That's why I want to be an Imagineer.

Leave a comment:

• DarylF
    replied
    How am I like Walt....

I have a passion for details.

My middle name is Sidney. Now, switch the 'S' and 'D' around. My mom thinks that's freaky!

Leave a comment:

• Alchimedes
    replied
    I have this Book as well it is excellent. ^

Anyhoo I would say love for nostalgia. And keeping America's History alive.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkerbell
    replied
    Originally posted by jepple
    Some people have said that they weren't sure what Walt Disney was really like.

I highly recommend the book How to be Like Walt to these people! It is really more a biography of Walt Disney than a how-to book, but both elements are mixed in. It's a great read and excellent biography of Mr. Disney's life. Many people see him as a sweet uncle or a merciless authoritarian, a hopeless nostalgic or a one-track mind futurist, while really none and all are true at the same time.

Complicated, I know, but a great book nonetheless. Its greatest quality is portraying Walt Disney as he really was; a human being.
    Here here! Excellent book. It gets my recommendation as well!
    As far as the topic of this thread goes though, I find myself to be a lot like Walt in many ways. This particular book punctuated many similar characteristics. But as far as the simple things go, my ancestry comes from the same area in France as his - d'Isigny, near Normandy!

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied
    [QUOTE=JD3896]My birthday is december 5th, and when i was 16 i had to have a biopsy done on an enlarged clavical lymph node. Walt's lymph nodes were enlarged when his cancer was getting the best of him in the end. My family always thought that was a creepy coinsidence.

long time reader, first time poster.[/QUOTE

Well I think I speak for all the mice on here in saying welcome, and we hope you're feeling all better now ! ! !

Leave a comment:

• JD3896
    replied
    My birthday is december 5th, and when i was 16 i had to have a biopsy done on an enlarged clavical lymph node. Walt's lymph nodes were enlarged when his cancer was getting the best of him in the end. My family always thought that was a creepy coinsidence.

long time reader, first time poster.

Leave a comment:

• jepple
    replied
    Some people have said that they weren't sure what Walt Disney was really like.

I highly recommend the book How to be Like Walt to these people! It is really more a biography of Walt Disney than a how-to book, but both elements are mixed in. It's a great read and excellent biography of Mr. Disney's life. Many people see him as a sweet uncle or a merciless authoritarian, a hopeless nostalgic or a one-track mind futurist, while really none and all are true at the same time.

Complicated, I know, but a great book nonetheless. Its greatest quality is portraying Walt Disney as he really was; a human being.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Disney
    replied
    Aww... that is so sweet!

I think what I have most in common with Walt is that I like to create new stuff, I love nostalgia and have a strange love for miniatures!

My aunt and a friend of mine were both born on December 5th, and my great-Grandma was born exactly 4 days before Walt (December 01, 1901).

Leave a comment:

• Tom Chaney
    replied
    OK...this isn't really specific to Uncle Walt, but I think interesting all the same. My girlfriend and I share a common love and fascination with all things Disney, particularly Disneyland. The date we first laid eyes on each other was July 17th.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyDreamer
    replied
    My birthday is December 2nd, hooray for Sagitarrians!

Leave a comment:

• idontneedaname
    replied
    Walt was a male and so am I

and we both wear socks.................... :devil:

Leave a comment:

• ah schucks
    replied
    I have vision beyond repute

Leave a comment:

Working...
X