Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How tall is the Castle and Grizzly peak?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How tall is the Castle and Grizzly peak?

How tall is the Castle and Grizzly peak? I looked around but I couldn't find it. I'm doing and elevation drawing of the tallest structures in the resort and I want to put the Castle and Grizzly peak in.

Re: How tall is the Castle and Grizzly peak?

Castle is 77 feet tall. Not sure about Grizzly but it's definitely higher than 77 feet.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I found it, Grizzly peak is 110' high.

Comment

Why, haven't you read the sign? Grizzly Peak is 1401 feet

no, wait it's ...

All kidding aside doesn't it have to have a flashing beacon on top if it's over 100 feet tall ? Don't recall ever actually seeing on up there.
          IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

No, it shouln't have that flashing thing. Not even the ToT has one at 187? feet tall. I think the standard is 200 feet but I could be dead wrong.
            My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksliver1022
              No, it shouln't have that flashing thing. Not even the ToT has one at 187? feet tall. I think the standard is 200 feet but I could be dead wrong.
              No doubt you're right. I just always thought the castle was under one hundred feet because Walt didn't want to have to install one of those red flashing beacons. Don't know if that's right, true or urban legend but it's what's stuck in my mind. <shrugs> oh well. I'm going with the sign on the ride 1401 .

My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

ToT is 183 ft.

The Maliboomer is 180 ft. tall and that has a flashing beacon. Why not ToT?

Comment

Originally posted by Uzmati
                  No doubt you're right. I just always thought the castle was under one hundred feet because Walt didn't want to have to install one of those red flashing beacons. Don't know if that's right, true or urban legend but it's what's stuck in my mind.
                  You're thinking of WDW. All the big icons there (Castle, ToT, Mt Everest) top out at no higher than 199' so that they didn't have to put a blinking light on them.

The stupid wand bolted to the side of Spaceship Earth does go over that limit, and has a strobe at the very top because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania
                    You're thinking of WDW. All the big icons there (Castle, ToT, Mt Everest) top out at no higher than 199' so that they didn't have to put a blinking light on them.

The stupid wand bolted to the side of Spaceship Earth does go over that limit, and has a strobe at the very top because of it.
                    AH... knew it was something like that. Thanks
                    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X