This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearest grocery store to DLR

I did not attend the Pirate Premiere nor do I have a video of the new POTC attraction. However, I am (or more correctly, my wife is) Looking for location and directions to Nearest grocery store to DLR.

Only 26 days to go before we check into DLH!

Re: Nearest grocery store to DLR

I'm not sure. If you like, I can give you directions to the nearest strip club.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

The nearest Grocery Store to the DLR is a Food4Less (owned by Kroger/Ralphs) on Katella Avenue, about 1 mile west of the resort.

If you want to get there, you can either drive (south side of the street) or the local bus OCTA Route 50 runs up and down Katella about every 30 minutes, $1.25 one way.
      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by madxdog
        I did not attend the Pirate Premiere nor do I have a video of the new POTC attraction. However, I am (or more correctly, my wife is) Looking for location and directions to Nearest grocery store to DLR.

Only 26 days to go before we check into DLH!
        I know if you go south on Harbor, you will hit a Albertson ABOUT 3 miles from the park. (it will be on the left side--there's also a blockbuster down there too...before Albertsons)

That's all I know of.
        Quote by Al:
        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
        -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
          there's also an adult store in the area (area of albertsons).... just adding to the strip club comment if you need more than groceries....
          LOL
          Quote by Al:
          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
          -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71
            there's also an adult store in the area (area of albertsons).... just adding to the strip club comment if you need more than groceries....
            LOL
            Boy, those mom and pop stores aren't what they used to be. :lol:
            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer
              The nearest Grocery Store to the DLR is a Food4Less (owned by Kroger/Ralphs) on Katella Avenue, about 1 mile west of the resort.

If you want to get there, you can either drive (south side of the street) or the local bus OCTA Route 50 runs up and down Katella about every 30 minutes, $1.25 one way.
              Corner of Katella and Euclid Street...indeed the closest such store to the park...I believe there is a Sav-ON drug (affiliated now with CVS) in the same center.

--Barry
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry
                Corner of Katella and Euclid Street...indeed the closest such store to the park...I believe there is a Sav-ON drug (affiliated now with CVS) in the same center.

--Barry
                You are correct, it is basically the corner of Katella and Euclid, also in the center is a Hometown Buffet, if you are looking for a big meal.

Across the street on the south-west corner is a K-Mart, and on the north-east corner are a couple of good local restaurants, John's Philly Steaks and a great independent Fish and Chips place.
                Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Just curious, why do you need the nearest grocery store?
                  My mind won't rest
                  and I don't sleep
                  Not even in my dreams...
                  -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                  written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                  1985-2005

Comment

Originally posted by sorceress1986
                    Just curious, why do you need the nearest grocery store?
                    Beauty Supplies
                    First Aid
                    Water

etc.

That's my guess
                    Quote by Al:
                    -Al Lutz

Comment

There's the 7-11 type store right at the corner next to the Candy Cane. It's an easy walk.

How extensive of groceries do you need?

Comment

There's Food4Less at Katella and Euclid. If you're not familiar with the chain, it's basically a ghetto Ralphs. There is a proper Ralph's at Lincoln and Brookhurst, not terribly far away.

If you're looking for general essentials and not so much on the fresh food side, there's a Wal-Mart at Euclid and the 5 freeway (it's in a huge center, hard to miss). There's also a Target nearby, that's at Harbor and Chapman.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Whenever my husband and I go to DL we go to the grocery store and buy things and eat at the room, however we don't stay in a DLH, we stay in a dneighbor hotel. Staybridge Suites, it has a little kitchen so we save a little money eating at the room, I think it's a good idea, it's what I've always done.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
                            Wow, these places are complete rip-offs. It's not that I'm not into that kind of thing, I am, but they clean you out of $300 in no time and you're left with nothing. At least with Disneyland you get a full day of entertainment for that price.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon
                              There's Food4Less at Katella and Euclid. If you're not familiar with the chain, it's basically a ghetto Ralphs. There is a proper Ralph's at Lincoln and Brookhurst, not terribly far away.
                              A "ghetto" Ralphs that close to the "Anaheim Resort Area"? How can that be? )
                              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X