Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Behind the Magic, 50 years of Disneyland." at the Oakland Museum (PICS!)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Behind the Magic, 50 years of Disneyland." at the Oakland Museum (PICS!)

We went to a GREAT Exhibit at the Oakland Museum al about DISNEYLAND!

Great artifacts, including Original Maps, Figures, Models, drawings, and concept art. Original ride Vehicles, from Mr Toad, and Peter Pan, Ride layout of Peter pan, a model of the original layout for the area in front of the Jungle Cruise, A "Mr Lincoln" stripped down to show all of the animatronic workings, an animatronic program board, along with so much more, and a walkthrough of the last 50 years in great detail!

Audio Tour included, with commentary from Walt, Imagineers, Artists and all who had a a part in creating what is Disneyland!

www.museum.org for more info!

If you are in the area, or planning to visit the Bay Area before Aug 20th, it is well worth seeing!

-----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Re: "Behind the Magic, 50 years of Disneyland." at the Oakland Museum (PICS!)

Oh....and sorry if the pics are a bit shoddy.....they have a strict "Only take pictures when no one is looking" policy....in other words, No Pictures..

Comment

I wish they'd bring that exhibit down to Orange County!

Great pictures - thanks! Did you see the Lincoln figure? Was there a prohibition on photos?

Lannie

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan
        We went to a GREAT Exhibit at the Oakland Museum al about DISNEYLAND!
        Thanks for the pics!

I really want to go up there and see this.
        I'm glad Diane opened it.
        I think many people have forgotten about Walt and his dream.
        This place can help us remember and share facts about her father.
        Quote by Al:
        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
        -Al Lutz

Comment

No one stopped you from taking pics? Wow.
          Well that's cool. Thanks for the ones you did get.

Geez, when I was there they had security all over.
          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Here's probably the best of the earlier threads on this great exhibit...to give you some more thoughts.
            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon
              No one stopped you from taking pics? Wow.
              Well that's cool. Thanks for the ones you did get.

Geez, when I was there they had security all over.
              Yeah, there were 2 guys walking around, so i had to get the shots off fast. Mr Lincoln was never alone, so i couldn't get picture of him.

I Know, i Know, I broke the rules.....but hey, I did it for all of you!....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan
                Yeah, there were 2 guys walking around, so i had to get the shots off fast. Mr Lincoln was never alone, so i couldn't get picture of him.

I Know, i Know, I broke the rules.....but hey, I did it for all of you!....lol.
                Well, nothing was hurt. Just good to see some pics.
                1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

TY...glad you like them...

Comment

I wasn't going to go, but now that I've seen photos I'll have to plan a trip up to the Bay area.

Thanks for the photo's.:thumbup:
                    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
                    http://www.ericedunn.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X