X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got to thank both Matt Ouimet and Bob Iger on Saturday

Yup.

While waiting on the red carpet I spotted Matt Ouimet on the other side of the street. We got his attention and I said "Thank you for fixing up the park!". He smiled and made a gesture to encompass everyone around him and said "I had a lot of help!"

Then on the red carpet I noticed Bob Iger and his entourage approaching. I got his attention, he stopped, I said "Thank you for everything!", he asked if I worked for us (Disney) I said "No, just a lifelong Disney fan", he said "Well you're welcome anyway!" and I shook his hand!

It was AWESOME!

I shook the hand of the CEO of Disney. I will never, ever, forget that.
    Last edited by ManaByte; 06-26-2006, 09:41 PM.

Re: So I got to thank both Matt Ouimet and Bob Iger on Saturday

Originally posted by ManaByte
    Then on the red carpet I noticed Bob Iger and his entourage approaching. I got his attention, he stopped, I said "Thank you for everything!", he asked if I worked for us (Disney) I said "No, just a lifelong Disney fan", he said "Well you're welcome anyway!" and I shook his hand!
    Pictures?

Iger seems much more personable than Eisner ever was. With Eisner, he would've ignored everyone and kept himself well distanced in his entourage. Iger sounds like he's a great guy. And you know what, after what he did for ABC in the early 90's it really shows that he's got what it takes to create quality entertainment.

Comment

I like Iger too, I kinda regret going against him when I first heard that he would be named CEO. I think so far he proved us wrong.

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

I have worked at DCA for 2 years now and I have never seen these guys.. you are lucky

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler
            I like Iger too, I kinda regret going against him when I first heard that he would be named CEO. I think so far he proved us wrong.
            That he has. I was in that same boat as you.

Comment

I didn't talk smack about Iger. Then again, I didn't talk him up either. He existed under the dark cloud of Eisner for so long. What a pleasant surprise he and his management style have turned out to be. He's approachable, personable, and perhaps even outreaching - like Walt.

I'm so happy for you, ManaByte.
              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

I wonder how soon he will start hosting a Sunday night Disney program? :lmao:
                "They's two B's in basketball!"

Comment

Thank you ManaByte. That was nice of you.
                  BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                  October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                  October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                  July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                  July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                  February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                  February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                  TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Thats great! Ouimet and Iger are doing a hell of a job!

Comment

I'd give anything to meet Matt Ouimet and i heard that a fellow micechatter had a run in with him yesterday as she stood in line for pirates. Gosh Dang it......no fair.

So glad you got to meet these guys!!!!!
                      Katie :yea:
                      Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                      :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

He bypassed me and my friend and co-worker goes thats the president, he came back by from looking to see if everyone was almost done being sitted. He shook our hands and said thank you for work tonight, and that he really appreciated it. I met Iger last year right before he was instated, nice guy.
                        "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." :ghug:

The Beatles

Comment

everytime I go to a cast event... (CM) like the christmas party.. I miss seeing these guys even though they are there when I am there.. hmmmmmmm

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by ManaByte
                            Yup.

While waiting on the red carpet I spotted Matt Ouimet on the other side of the street. We got his attention and I said "Thank you for fixing up the park!". He smiled and made a gesture to encompass everyone around him and said "I had a lot of help!"

It was AWESOME!

I shook the hand of the CEO of Disney. I will never, ever, forget that.
                            You are really lucky!
                            Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

Cool.

Yes, I'm still unsure about Iger and what he thinks is best for Disneyland, but that's another story.

Matt has proved to me he really cares about Disneyland and sees it more than just a cash crop.

And I hope Matt and Iger never forget what happened to Disneyland just a few years ago.

Remember this quote friends:
                              An unexamined life is a life not worth living at all.

That sort of fits with Disneyland's History- we must remember what happened so we can make sure it never happens again.

Anyways, great to know that happened to you, ManaByte.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X