This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishbulb's 06-26-06 Trip report and POTC review

Sunday morning Dusty and I decided to take it easy. We had no plans to go to the park that day. Instead we sat sipping our morning coffee and reading the news on the computer when suddenly our phones began to ring non stop. PIRATES was soft opening!!!!!

The escalators were not working... AGAIN!

Dustysage makes his way down the jagged, stationary, escalator steps.

We quickly jumped into the car and headed to the park. We got to the park at about 12:30. The trams were backed up and, for a second, none were around. Our trams finally showed up and we got on in the second load.

Along the tram route we were stopped to allow an ambulence to enter the backstage area.

We bolted through the front gates and headed straight for the ride.

The line was backed up all the way to the exit of the Mark Twain/Columbia.

Although long, the line moved briskly. Many signs warned us that the ride could go down at any minute, but we ignored them. I mean what could possibly go wrong.

Five minutes later another cast member evacuated the line and forced all to leave. Uhhh okay. Chaos set in as Cast members had only one objective; Clear the line and surrounding areas. This was a difficult task as a huge chunk of the riverfront was occupied by the terrible bleachers set up from the premier the night before.

We ran into Bill at the blocked off entrance to Riverbelle Terrace.

DLRP_Bopazot joined us in our wait.

Aerinpegadrak and Sadako decided to hang out too.

Sadako and Fishbulb

Where'sBarbie? and Chernabog

After about an hour and a half of waiting, a CM informed the crowd that the ride would NOT reopen for the rest of the day. Crestfallen, hot and tired, we left the park.

On our way back to the structure ANOTHER ambulence had to cross into the backstage area.

Again, the escalators were not working. Is it so hard to keep these things going? How do the Malls do it?

-later in the evening, at 7pm, BILL called...

Dusty and I hopped back in the car and raced to the resort AGAIN! This time the escalators were all working! There was no line for the Tram!

We made it through the lines at the gate and raced up Main Street.

E-Ticket, Dustysage, FastPassMountain (sporting a new fetching goatee), A_Hyperbole, DontbeCheekin, and Cuzcotopia

A familiar face was there in the line to greet us. YoCharles! Welcomed us with his trademark Cheshire grin. The line moved at a rapid pace. Sadako was about 100 feet ahead of us in line and regressed in order to join us for her SECOND ride.

We made it into the show building and onto the ride!!!

The ride was magnificent. Let me explain where I come from on this. Pirates of the Caribbean was my favorite ride in the park for many reasons. It was an original idea with groundbreaking technology that had a high capacity. The perfect theme park attraction. My heart sank when I had initially heard of the changes. I was hopeful but not optimistic.

The imaginers have done it again! They seem to have understood what made the original work and kept it while at the same time improving on the rides shortcomings. Pirates is a more cinematic ride now than episodic. The original had scenes where as this incarnation has a more cohesive story. Disney did not destroy the sacred ground I called my favorite ride so much as they dusted it off, spruced it up, and made it a more exciting voyage.

After dinner we had a quick ride on Mansion, my second favorite ride in the park, and then headed home.

The Dole Whip stand was open late and there was STILL a line.

"All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

Re: Fishbulb's 06-26-06 Trip report and POTC review

glad you had fun.. i want to ride it too.. but have been away on vacation.. will do it sometime next week

Friends for life

Comment

FB, no one does a trip report like you do--and yes, I mean that in a good way.

Thanks for the great play-by-play.
      Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Great report! Finally we get to see what the mysterious Aerinpegadrak looks like, and I am so glad you got to ride Pirates, finally.

Reading your report, I am glad you mentioned something - it was so friggin' HUMID all day! Really uncomfortable, not to mention the crowds didn't help. Luckily it was nice and cool in the caves and grottos...

Thanks Fishbulb!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbulb
          Not gonna say 'we told you so'.....

but.....

WE TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!
          "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

Hey was that AliasD at the top of the escalator on your way home the first time? It TOTALLY looks like her from the back.

And is FPM sporting a fetching or felching goatee? Just making sure you spelled the word correctly is all

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut
              Hey was that AliasD at the top of the escalator on your way home the first time? It TOTALLY looks like her from the back.

And is FPM sporting a fetching or felching goatee? Just making sure you spelled the word correctly is all

"All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
              Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbulb
                The imaginers have done it again! They seem to have understood what made the original work and kept it while at the same time improving on the rides shortcomings. Pirates is a more cinematic ride now than episodic. The original had scenes where as this incarnation has a more cohesive story. Disney did not destroy the sacred ground I called my favorite ride so much as they dusted it off, spruced it up, and made it a more exciting voyage.
                Just exactly what I wanted to hear, and what I was hoping for, regarding what's been my favorite ride too for almost 40 years.

Great report as always, Fishbulb...

--Barry
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Thanks for posting the report and pics, Fishbulb. Loved the play-by-play pictures with commentary. The escalators were actually working when I was there last week. Ok, they were all operating on the way in and only the last escalator to level 6/Minnie from level 5 wasn't working.
                  Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut
                    Stop it you bad thing!!!!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                    Everyone says that the U.S. doesnt make anything anymore, but thats not exactly true. Were the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

"This doesn’t look too good. The line has stopped.” Dusty said.

Oh, that sentence gave me chills.

Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I am glad that you were able to see the ride on your 2nd trip of the day and just in the nick of time too! Lucky!
                        :yea: Its Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Comment

Kudos on the photos!

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland

Oh, that sentence gave me chills.

did anyone imagine jaws music playing after that... and then climax when the CMs said.. get out.. no lines here.. lol

Great TR... now.. We want's more video... and more pictures...
                            (I'm in FLA... your is open and i want to set a bar for FLA.. lol)

Comment

Yay! ...er...Yaarrrrrr!
                              Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                              Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                              Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                              Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                              Marge: Pink.
                              Homer: D'oh!
                              Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X