• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JiminyCricketFan
    We all need a Jiminy.
    • Apr 2005

Disneyland needs a night time parade!!!

One of my fondest memories of Disneyland is the Main Street Electrical Parade. It just seemed like the perfect summer entertainment. The twinkling lights and sounds would MAKE the trip. Now I know that it is currently at DCA, but it is not the same. Disneyland needs a parade like that. I think that DCA should have its own style and a parade that fits its theme. (I think that a parade based on Hollywood premiers would be more fitting.)

I wish that Disneyland would open up their checkbook and create as magical parade as the Electrical Parade. It needs fantastic music. It should have bright lights. (The problem with fiber-optics is that the light is so dim!) It should have moving animations on the floats lit with colorful lights.

As far as I am concerned, the Main Street Electrical Parade was the last great summer parade. SpectroMagic at WDW stinks! The concept of the colors all turning to white as once is boring! Who cares! Give me happy music, bright colors, and whimsical animation anytime.
  • mrcoaster
    Monorail Racer
    • Jan 2005

Re: Disneyland needs a night time parade!!!

What should they do with the other night-time offerings though. Things get pretty busy at night as it is with a 7 p.m. parade, Fantasmic at 9 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. and fireworks at 9:25. Where does a night-time parade fit into all that schedule?
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

Comment

• pineapplewhipaddict
      DoleWhipDrea
      • Apr 2005

I'd agree with you if it weren't for the congestion on Main Street since the 50th. It's just...dangerous. If the crowding dies down, sure. Otherwise, I'd be absolutely terrified to be at Disneyland at night. I think the fireworks and Fantasmic! have caused enough congestion as it it. It just wouldn't be safe to throw in another nighttime spectacular at this point, IMO.

Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if people didn't enter the park in the evenings to have dinner and a show...

Comment

• Druggas
        Hooterville, USA
        • Feb 2005

Upgrade MSEP, and bring it back. Run it during Fantasmic so that crowds can split up to see one or another.
        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

• AKComic
          Professional fifth wheel
          • Jan 2005

I completely agree - DL needs a nighttime parade. I'd love to see MSEP move back to DL, with a new nighttime parade heading to DCA (which would make more sense, I would think, since the bulk of the promotional efforts could result in increased attendance at DCA more than DL), but a more reasonable plan might be for the next daytime parade to be more along the lines of the old Mulan parade, where they can run it during the day and then implement nighttime elements later in the evening.

Comment

• DLcub
            curiouser and curiouser
            • Aug 2005

why do we need two fantasmic shows?

Comment

• SCUBAbe
              no flash photography...
              • Jan 2005

The last thing DL needs is another nighttime crowd drawing, bottle necking , can't move, takes an hour to get off of main street, parade or show. The fireworks are more than enough...I wish fantasmic would get the axe.

Comment

• JiminyCricketFan
                We all need a Jiminy.
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Druggas
                Upgrade MSEP, and bring it back. Run it during Fantasmic so that crowds can split up to see one or another.
                I agree that MSEP could be upgraded, but I am not so attached to the floats as the concept of a lighted parade. I would love to see new floats with new themes (and new special effects!). The key is that there is a certain magic in a lighted parade. It really is special. Fireworks are common, but a lighted parade with fun, make-me-want-to-dance music is unique. It is a Disneyland signature.

I just hope that after the 50th is over, a new parade could be done. (And please don't try to reuse parade floats from the 50th. I don't want to see Ursula with lights on her!)

Comment

• Monkey joe
                  • Apr 2005

SpectroMagic can go to Disneyland and my park, Magic Kindgom can get a new night parade. It is only fair. You had the wonderful Light Magic. ; )
                  Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

• JiminyCricketFan
                    We all need a Jiminy.
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Monkey joe
                    SpectroMagic can go to Disneyland and my park, Magic Kindgom can get a new night parade. It is only fair. You had the wonderful Light Magic. ; )
                    Having been to see SpectroMagic and heard that horrible waltz music they have for it, you can keep it! I think of that parade as the march of the possessed clowns!

Actually, WDW needs a new DAYTIME parade! I think Disney has enough billions to build a new parade for both Disneyland and MK. But MK desperately needing a better day parade. That parade is the boy-in-the-bubble parade.

Comment

• A Disney Dreamer
                      Banned User
                      • Mar 2006

SLIGHT SUGGESTION.

DCA should actually stay open until like 10:00 so that people from that park don't come a runnin' to Disneyland.

Have one longer, much-improved Fantasmic! show at around 10:15 and start the fireworks at exactly 8:50.

Have the (MSEP) parade start at 9:30.

Comment

• cstephens
                        done
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by NorthernOverlook
                        why do we need two fantasmic shows?
                        Because after all these years, it's still a very popular show. Even with two showings a night, it's very crowded. On days when it's *extremely* crowded and the park is open late, they even add a third show, and that show is still very well attended.

Comment

• Uzmati
                          Zero Blockout Dates
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Druggas
                          Upgrade it? Move it?
                          Nope.

Leave MSEP it right where it is. It works wonderfully in DCA.
                          IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

• anessa79
                            • Sep 2005

I don't see why they don't run Parade of Dreams later in the evening. You can only see the float lights in the Fall and Winter time. I liked that parade at night.

They aren't the greatest but oh well....

Comment

• RobotMirror
                              Neep meep beep
                              • Apr 2006

No, those are great photos! I agree - Disneyland has enough with the parade at 7pm, Fantasmic at 9pm, Fireworks at 9:25, and Fantasmic at 10:30 (and sometimes 11:30 pm).

If you can't make the parade at Disneyland later at night, bring something spectactular to DCA, not Disneyland!

Comment

• DISNEYJUNKIE
                                D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY
                                • Feb 2005

Brings something spectacular to DCA and stay open later at least as long as DL is open. Most tourist who go to the resort are their for at least 2 nights give them something to see at both parks , as for AP'ers give them a choice to alternate between but ending at the same hour. From past experience both at a tourist from NOcal and an Ap'er I want choices when it come to evening entertainment and shows , if I have seen the fireworks last time give me an open DCA with a show at least till the closing of DL on nights when I have seen the fireworks and fantasmic I am looking for alternative shows and would happily be at DCA to see a later ELP or new fireworks show.

Comment

• Speedway
                                  Former Epcot CM
                                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan
                                  I wish that Disneyland would open up their checkbook and create as magical parade as the Electrical Parade.
                                  They did open their chequebook. Light Magic! was actually quite expensive. Hence the bomb.

Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan
                                  SpectroMagic at WDW stinks! The concept of the colors all turning to white as once is boring! Who cares! Give me happy music, bright colors, and whimsical animation anytime.
                                  I wouldn't be so bold. SpectroMagic is an awesome parade, even more than ten years after it's conception. I think its wonderful when the glowing white parade just bursts with colour.
                                  BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                                  October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                                  October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                                  July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                                  July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                                  February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                                  February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                                  TRIP REPORTS

Comment

• Baloo
                                    • Jun 2005

The Parade of dreams is much more magical and really shows its uniqueness at night. The colors looks much more virbant and in my opinion works better at night.

Last time i took family members we had a spot near the beginning of the parade. they thought it was nice and enjoyed it. we then walked away when the parade moved on and happen to come across it at the last show stop. It had gotten a bit darker and overcast. Family had to stop and watch it again. At first they thought it was another parade since they saw a float they missed the first time. This time around they said they loved it and had a longer coversation about it.

the beaty float is very elegant at night but they are all well light.

Comment

• VeganPrincess
                                      Defying gravity
                                      • May 2006

I do wish the MSEP would come back to DL (and I don't like Spectromagic in MK.) However, with Parade of Dreams twice, Remember...Dreams Come True, and Fantasmic! - where is the time? Unless Fantasmic! or fireworks get taken out, there is enoguht nighttime entertainment at DL.

Comment

• Athlonacon
                                        FastPass n00b
                                        • Feb 2005

Disneyland's Main Street Electrical Parade has such more of a ring to it than the generically termed Disney's Electrical Parade. Not to mention without the backdrop of Main Street, the parade really loses its feel. It's the same great parade, but it just doesn't have that extra something special that Disneyland's Main Street gives it.

This thing is in serious need of an update to come back to Disneyland though. The head lights and tail lights on a standard 2006 Honda Accord are more technologically advanced than any of the lights on the floats. It's time to put all that digital computer technology and LED stuff to work. They could make this parade drop people's jaws if they invested some time, money and effort into it.

The music is, and always has been, flawless. I'd say leave that alone and concentrate on the incredible advances that have been made in lighting technology in the past 10 years. This parade was once Disneyland's flagship nighttime parade, it deserves much better than floats that haven't been updated in 20 or more years.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X