Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who thinks they should go back to one bobsled?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fkurucz
    I rode it yesterday. It seemed a lot smoother than last time (2002).
    They try to improve the ride every winter when it goes down for re-hab. It has gotten alot better, but I didn't mind it before, and I don't mind it now.
    www.deliciousmayhem.net
    www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

Originally posted by ni_teach
      I don't think that the second bobsled causes the ride to be bumpier. The new bobsleds are wider and make you bounce around more.
      Okay, I always wondered why the ride is rougher now.

the reason it matters, is it used to be really smooth, like flying down ice.
      I still get a thrill though. And one of the tracks are a little rougher than the other, it seems like.
      Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

i wish it was a little smoother...my girlfriends head flew back and hit me in the mouth on one of the drops...kinda painful. but still a fun ride.

Comment

i totally agree.

i am waiting for the "improvement" of putting in a wider back seat, to accomodate a large individual or two people so romantically inclined. as well as individual seat backs.
          Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Might just be nostalgia on my part, but it did seem to be a better ride with just the single sleds. I wouldn't go back to the old "empty shell mountain" or longer queues though!
            Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

I never experienced the mattahorn with one sled. the ride should stay rough and bumpy cause that is what bob sleds are suppose to feel like. Plus it turns me on! :lol:

Orlando doing good
              http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
              Princess of Randomness

Comment

Originally posted by tiggergrl
                Plus it turns me on! :lol:
                Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

The single cars were definitely more attractive and better themed...although capacity is the real issue

Not sure if they were faster or not.... Throughout the years the track modifications and additional excess braking has caused the 'sleds' to slow down some I'm sure...

I do somewhat miss the old empty shell inside...the close call with the skyway buckets going up the lift...the view at the top of the lift when you make the turn was great (it was open-air then and not enclosed..) and the constant feeling you were going to crash into pipes, scaffolding, wooden boards once on course...By todays standards, the incomplete look inside would be unimagineable...

Ahhhh..the memories...
                  DannyBoy

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X