Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who thinks they should go back to one bobsled?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who thinks they should go back to one bobsled?

the matterhorn used to have single sleds..it was IMHO a funn, smoother ride..any thoughts?
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Not if it results in decreased capacity. But I do think something should be done to smoothen out the ride, for other riders of course. I like it rough!

Comment

I will say it was more realistic with one single bobsled. It just felt cooler. But the ride has higher capacity (shorter lines!) now, so that's a plus of having two.

Comment

I don't think that the second bobsled causes the ride to be bumpier. The new bobsleds are wider and make you bounce around more.
        Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

When did this change happen?

Comment

Originally posted by E Ticket
            Not if it results in decreased capacity. But I do think something should be done to smoothen out the ride, for other riders of course. I like it rough!
            I dont understand the advantages of a smooth ride anyway. Isnt part of the fun and thrill factor from the roughness?

Comment

I never got to experience the single bobsled (as far as I know...) so I can't make a comparison. From the pictures, the single bobsled looks better to me, but I'll take a shorter line instead of looking more realistic!

Comment

They were single from 1959 - 1978.

Comment

I don't mind the bumpiness. I doubt a regular bobseld is any more smooth.

Comment

I dont understand why people complain about how bumpy it is when the whole purpose of it is to be thrilling. They do this to Indy and I hate that also because the ride used to be so much better when it jolted you around.

Comment

No way!! That would cut ride capacity in HALF, and I love that Matterhorn is one of the few e-tickets you can get on to in less than a half hour, even if you're wrapped almost all the way around the mountain.

THe ride is rough and jerky, and it totally feels like you're going to fly off the tracks. I like that about it. My roommate hates it. So, I tell her that I saw a part fly off our bobsled, and she freaks out. And I laugh a lot. It's fun.
                      Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                      Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                      May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Hi Melmel get on AIM so I can talk to you about Mrs. Fanelli.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfreak
                          Hi Melmel get on AIM so I can talk to you about Mrs. Fanelli.
                          I"m online now!!
                          Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                          Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                          May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

I've ridden it both ways and if memory serves, it was not too different a ride than it is now. I prefer the look of a single car, but capacity needs are not to be trifled with, especially as the 50th gets going and the crowds come in droves.
                            Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

My memory of the original bobsleds was a faster, smoother and more thrilling attraction. We waited in line for an hour to ride it in June of 1959 but thought it was worth it.
                              "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X