This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the DLR flower beds

I found this question over at TripAdvisor.com and don't know the answer....

This isn't really a travel question, but more of a Disneyland question. We noticed several flowerbeds in Disneyland with one mismatched flower in it. Two examples are by the Storybook Canal boats & another at the Disneyland railroad at New Orleans square. I would love to know what this means. Do any of you Disney experts know?
    Thanks for your time.

Anybody know?
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Question about the DLR flower beds

Hmm, no idea. I love the gardens at Disneyland so I'm looking forward to hearing the answer!

Comment

1. Seeds from one flower bed moving to another....it is nature ya know!
      2. Mix up in the trays of flowers and one accidentally was planted with the wrong species.
      3. Gardners came up short on a specific type of plant/flower and had extras of another type so they improvised.
      4. Not to sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer
        I found this question over at TripAdvisor.com and don't know the answer....
        A colorblind gardener.

Seriously though, it should be interesting if anyone has an answer to it.

Comment

It's all very symbolic of how everybody fits in DL, even if they don't look the same as everybody else.

I'm trying to find that quote from Walt. I'll put in the link once I find it....
          Jeff made me famous!
          From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Comment

Daddy B? As a flower expert I would expect that number one you have already noticed these "mismatched" flora and might possibly have an answer for us. If you happen to have some nice photos I am sure no one would complain about that either

Actually, Darkbeer since you are also a photo king, did you happen to add these to your photo arsenal the last time you were at the park?

Comment

Those are diversity flowers.

Comment

There is a new book you can buy at the parks...I think it's title is "The Glorious Gardens of Disney's Parks". Maybe there is info in the book.

Comment

"Disnleyland will never be completed as long as there is one flower screwing up a whole bed..."

Comment

Originally posted by 10-8atDisneyland
                    There is a new book you can buy at the parks...I think it's title is "The Glorious Gardens of Disney's Parks"..
                    Oo! Oo! Really!! I've always wondered why they didn't do a book on the horticulture of Disney Parks! Which store did you see it in??

Comment

When I was at work last night I took another look.....the title is
                      "The Secrets of Disney's Glorious Gardens" and there is other wording on the cover saying "tips to use in your own backyard". It's a hardcover book and looks very nicely done although I didn't have that much time to look it over.

Comment

I first saw it at World of Disney and then I saw it at Off the Page. I'm sure you can also get it at Disneyana or The Gallery.

Comment

Originally posted by WatchYourHeadNStep
                          1. Seeds from one flower bed moving to another....it is nature ya know!
                          2. Mix up in the trays of flowers and one accidentally was planted with the wrong species.
                          3. Gardners came up short on a specific type of plant/flower and had extras of another type so they improvised.
                          4. Not to sure?
                          I would agree with any of those. Disney is pretty good about keping flowerscconstantly there, but if they haven't bloomed yet, no one would know that the flat had a couple seeds that were mixed in from another flat. Being an x- plant nursery person, this thing happens all the time.

Comment

For the gardening, book, I saw it all over online

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...lance&n=283155

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X