Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Vent: September Closures

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent: September Closures

So we were swayed by Disney marketing to come and catch the 50th before it's gone and we've got our September trip all booked. However, I am becoming increasingly disappointed at all the stuff that's going to be down during that time... the Monorail, Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion, R.R., Golden Horseshoe (Billy Hill), California Screamin and It's Tough to be a Bug. I knew that the summer entertainment like the Electrical Parade and Snow White wouldn't continue into September, but now I hear rumours that BPB will stop at Labour Day too. I know that post-Labour day is down time and that things do need maintenance and/or refurbs from time to time - but then why push and entice people to travel only to have so many things closed?

Arrrrrrrggghhh. :verymad:
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Re: Vent: September Closures

I hear you, and I think at least part of the problem is that maintenance has been deferred so long due to the 50th celebration. But after summer, many rides are usually refurbed, or, in the case of the Haunted Mansion, taken down for the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay, year after year.

I think you may also be subject to rumors that may be unfounded. I hadn't heard that Block Party Bash, or the Golden Horsehoe, or It's Tough to be a Bug, were going to be down. (Heck, it's tough to be a bug just went down for a month long refurb!).

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto
      or, in the case of the Haunted Mansion, taken down for the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay, year after year.
      I've heard a rumor that this will be the last year of Haunted Mansion Holiday. Is this true?
      Woof!

Comment

MousePlanet is reporting "Matterhorn Bobsleds closed August 28 - November 22 for complete refurbishment." Does this mean that Matterhorn will be closed until after November 22, or that the Matterhorn will open on November 22? Please open on November 22!!! I'll be leaving DLR on the 22nd, but I can squeeze in a few morning rides before heading back home!

Comment

Originally posted by MooglePower
          I've heard a rumor that this will be the last year of Haunted Mansion Holiday. Is this true?

not true....Disney still has the rights to HMH.
          Jason

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590
            MousePlanet is reporting "Matterhorn Bobsleds closed August 28 - November 22 for complete refurbishment." Does this mean that Matterhorn will be closed until after November 22, or that the Matterhorn will open on November 22? Please open on November 22!!! I'll be leaving DLR on the 22nd, but I can squeeze in a few morning rides before heading back home!
            Usually, that means through Nov. 22, but the dates are always estimated and they could finish their rehab early or late...you never really know. Just cross those fingers and toes and hope that they're ready to re-open the Matterhorn early.

I'm taking my daughter to DL at the end of September to do the MC Gumball Rally and spend a few days there around that, so I was disappointed when I read a couple of weeks ago that Matterhorn would be down for refurb. That's one of our favorites, so she'll be a little disappointed. I think HMH's overlay should be done and opened again at least.
            Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

Comment

*ALL SHOWS AND ATTRACTIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CLOSE WITHOUT NOTICE*

Atleast they are giving notice. The Matterhorn/Sub/Monorail are all tied together.....cause you know that the Matterhorn has been sinking *RIGHT* j/k But they are doing it all together.

HMH will be around until Disney can't make money off of it.

Golden Horseshoe will be to change it over to a ice cream bar.

Screamin' is due to some type of *MAJOR* work being done with the stores under it;-)

ITTBAB has been having problems for a while. Hopper is one of the most complex AA's in any of the parks and he is a major part of the show.

J
              Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

When I looked at the calendar a couple weeks ago, most of September had all the info and pretty much had HM closed from the 2nd to the 28th, but now I check and there is no info for September.

Why I'm looking, I don't know. I guess wishful thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by MooglePower
                  That rumor was around two years ago.

I know WDW wants it.
                  Why the can't make one for WDW I don't know.
                  Quote by Al:
                  To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                  -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by mrcoaster
                    Usually, that means through Nov. 22, but the dates are always estimated and they could finish their rehab early or late...you never really know. Just cross those fingers and toes and hope that they're ready to re-open the Matterhorn early.

I'm taking my daughter to DL at the end of September to do the MC Gumball Rally and spend a few days there around that, so I was disappointed when I read a couple of weeks ago that Matterhorn would be down for refurb. That's one of our favorites, so she'll be a little disappointed. I think HMH's overlay should be done and opened again at least.
                    I think one year the HMH was up and running around Oct 7th (something like that...my first party)
                    But the last 3 years it's been open around the 30th of Sept.
                    I think it depends how the calendar falls.
                    Quote by Al:
                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                    -Al Lutz

Comment

According to Disney, the refurb/closure schedule is as follows:

Disneyland
                      Attractions
                      Monorail: 08/21 - 12/14
                      Matterhorn Bobsleds: 08/28 - 12/15
                      Haunted Mansion Holiday Install: 09/05 - 09/28
                      Steam Trains: 09/18 - 09/22
                      Merchandise
                      Mad Hatter (Fantasyland): 09/05 - 09/28
                      Restaurants
                      The Golden Horseshoe: 09/05 - 10/06
                      Big Thunder Ranch-Halloween Install: 09/18 - 09/28

DCA
                      They have nothing on the 'official schedule' as of yet.

Of course all dates are subject to change without notice!!!
                      Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Redsix
                        not true....Disney still has the rights to HMH.
                        Very true. Disney owns the rights to the characters and music, as well as the film (I just did a copyright search). The story rights seem to be held by Burton. So, it seems as though Disney can do anything they want with the music, characters, settings, etc., but can't re-create the NBC story. That's why HMH doesn't follow the film's narrative at all.

I'll stop now before I derail this thread totally

Comment

Originally posted by RPH
                          Very true. Disney owns the rights to the characters and music, as well as the film (I just did a copyright search). The story rights seem to be held by Burton. So, it seems as though Disney can do anything they want with the music, characters, settings, etc., but can't re-create the NBC story. That's why HMH doesn't follow the film's narrative at all.

I'll stop now before I derail this thread totally

The only way it will go away is
                          1. WDW gets it's wish and they give it to them
                          2. They've sucked the well dry on this one.

to get back on topic
                          Just visit the website daily. It will give you closure.
                          I always check before I leave (if something is down that I want to ride)
                          Quote by Al:
                          -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71
                            That rumor was around two years ago.

I know WDW wants it.
                            Why the can't make one for WDW I don't know.
                            It is my understanding that it was offered to WDW, and Al Weiss (sp) turned it down. On the boards geared primarily to WDW, there is great sentiment against it by a large number of people. To me, when given the choice between one great attraction, or two, the answer is quite obvious, but a lot of folks disagree. Their loss.

Cheers.
                            Remember
                            What the dormouse said
                            Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71
                              The only way it will go away is
                              1. WDW gets it's wish and they give it to them
                              2. They've sucked the well dry on this one.
                              If WDW were ever to get there own it would not have anything to do with DL's version. They would just make a new version for them...plus a few added things for the change.

Why WDW wont ever have HMH... each year HM goes down for almost 2 full months. While it does cause some problems here at DL most of the people that visit DL are locals and AP holders. WDW has mostly people on vacation, which means it could be the only chance they ever get to ride HM and they could care less about HMH. TDL is very much like DL with locals so it works fine for them also. Think about it from a guest service point of view not a NBC/HMH pov.

J
                              Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X