Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Oddest Thing You've Taken Home From Disneyland Trips

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oddest Thing You've Taken Home From Disneyland Trips

This idea popped into my head as I was looking at my own personal odd thing and thought it'd make a good thread topic.

At first I thought maps were odd, but I bet a lot of people keep the maps for comparisons, memory etc.

So my next thing is bags, as in the bags they give you in the gift shops. I kept them from my trip, and not just to keep my stuff in on the way home. I kept them as souvenirs and they will stay with the rest of my souvenirs.

So what's yours?

Re: Oddest Thing You've Taken Home From Disneyland Trips

I thought i was the only one that did that with the bags. im glad to see im not the only one. lol oh i also have a candle from disneyworld it was on my bday dessert.
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

Comment

i also keep the bags. and extra napkins. and another time i found a piece of paper near the back of NOS and hought it might be somethjing special, to find out the next day that it was a spare piece of those artists' canvas paper stuff.
      sigpic

Comment

I have a tendancy to keep the bags as well. I also hang onto my parking stub. I like to see the different dates that are on them to kind of track my visits. Overall, the strangest thing I've kept from one of my visits is when I stayed at the Grand Californian and it was Valentine's weekend. They had folded up a washcloth into the shape of a heart and then put a shiny red heart sticker in the middle, and tied the bottom with a small piece of red satin ribbon. I loved this little folded thingie and had to keep it. I love it. It sits on disply in my bathroom to remind me of that trip (it was my three-year anniversary with my boyfriend). I also kept the streamers that went off in the Festival Arena on the 50th while the ceremony was going on and I was standing in the Merch line. Aaahhh, the memories.
        MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I have napkins and a menu from the Neon Cactus Bar.

Oh and we usually collect a bunch of confetti from the parades or shows and throw them all over our friend's desk at work!
          "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

Comment

Back a few years ago when they had different cups for every land at the restaurants. Yeah, i have a cup from every land. My mom tries to throw them out every year and I never let her.
            Is this haunted signature
            actually
            stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
            Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
            also known as...
            Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

My friend got me blue bayou silverware..He was very naughty...LOL

But my thing i always get is 3 Mint condition maps with the times guide so i know what date i went on.

Comment

On my last Disneyland Trip, I took home the soaps and shampoo from the Disneyland hotel. I love the packaging. Disneyland does everything first class down to the last detail. I love it.
                As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Comment

Originally posted by EpTxGuy
                  On my last Disneyland Trip, I took home the soaps and shampoo from the Disneyland hotel. I love the packaging. Disneyland does everything first class down to the last detail. I love it.
                  I love all the little soaps, I wanted to swipe the awesome bedspread from the DLH, cuz they are so cute
                  Is this haunted signature
                  actually
                  stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
                  Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
                  also known as...
                  Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

When we stay at one of the onsite hotels I keep everything that has a date on it (parking pass, newsletter, receipt,monorail boarding pass) plus all the shampoos and soaps.

I also keep bags and I have maps from every trip I have taken since 1988.

Comment

Originally posted by Adelade
                      I love all the little soaps, I wanted to swipe the awesome bedspread from the DLH, cuz they are so cute
                      Oohh, same with me wanting the shower curtain from the GCH. Holy crap was it adorable!! Seriously, if there is a place that I can (legally) get one from, I want it!!
                      MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I'm glad to see I'm not such an odd packrat after all. All the soap, shampoo and shower caps come home with me for those days when I need that Disney pick me up. I have napkins and merchandise bags as well - but the napkins never last long. Pretty much everything gets into the vacation scrapbook in one form or other.
                        The most unusual item I've got is a small fish made from palm leaves that an Animal Kingdom CM made and gave to my daughter.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

It seems that the wad of napkins I grabbed wasn't such an oddity after all!

I was going to bring home an empty 50th Coke bottle, but perhaps the beagles at customs would have had a problem with it.
                          I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

I had a small bag from when I had bought something, so I now use it to keep my maps, show times paper, my ticket and any other little tidbit from my trip there, so that it's all in one place.
                            Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Wow I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have disneyland bags EVERYWHERE in my life. LOL I also take napkins - my friends and I started a tradition of writing letters to each other on the DL napkins when we can't be together at the park. We also send sugar packets and parking tickets and unused or void fastpasses from our trips. When I went to HKDL I kept EVERYTHING I could get my fingers on. My girlfriend who was with me was very entertained by it and helped me out. Hehe. Fun stuff...Good memories. I think the WEIRDEST thing I've saved....hmmm I have confettii from the 50th and from Snow White - not too weird I guess. A Pair of Chopsticks from HKDL was pretty neat. Hehe. I guess I keep anything that has a DL logo on it that is loose and wouldn't be considered stealing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X