This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreading the Lines for Nemo

As Al has stated in his article, Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage is set to open 4th of July weekend, 2007, and to soft open around the end of June.

4th of July weekend? This gives me a heavy sense of trepidation, even with So Cal's blocked out...there's still the soft openings, which is more likely when the crowd of AP's will show up. The ride's capacity is rather limited, and there's the question of where that hideous line is going to go.

So, I have a suggestion. What if Disneyland sent out special soft opening tickets to APs, setting aside to be used once between 1-3 days, depending on which AP one has? Premiums would have the first offering, then the Deluxes, etc...and once that's over anyone could ride during soft openings. No one else would be able to ride on set days. I think this would vastly help any line congestion scares for the soft openings of the ride.

Thoughts?

Re: Dreading the Lines for Nemo

The lines are going to be very, very long no matter when it opens. I don't think that there is much they can do about it. The attraction just can't handle that many people an hour.
    Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Disneyland 2007 - The Summer From Hell

1. Nemo ride opens
      2. Rock-It Mountain supposedly premieres
      3. Pirates Of The Caribbean - At World's End premieres at the park
      4. 4th of July crowds..............
      5. Hot weather?
      6. 1.5 year old by then

AAAAAUGHHHHH! I am not looking forward to this!

Comment

The lines are going to be so long that I am thinking about camping out now, just to be sure you know.
        "I don't want the public to see the world they live in while they're in the Park (Disneyland). I want to feel they're in another world." W.E.D.

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict

So, I have a suggestion. What if Disneyland sent out special soft opening tickets to APs, setting aside to be used once between 1-3 days, depending on which AP one has?
          Thoughts?
          And can you tell me why should AP's get special treatment in who gets to ride first.

This is one of the reason many people don't like people who have AP's.

Its reaks of "we are better than the people who don't have AP's.

Your Idea has as much logic as if I said only non Ap's can go on nemo during a soft opening.
          THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Comment

The lines are going to be all the way to Toontown.

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz
              The lines are going to be all the way to Toontown.
              Do you think they will let me stay in Mickey's house as I camp out then?
              "I don't want the public to see the world they live in while they're in the Park (Disneyland). I want to feel they're in another world." W.E.D.

Comment

Originally posted by tahoebob54
                And can you tell me why should AP's get special treatment in who gets to ride first.

Your Idea has as much logic as if I said only non Ap's can go on nemo during a soft opening.
                It's hardly meant to be special treatment. AP's in Orlando get to premiere all the new rides. Why the heck shouldn't we over here? They did it for Tower of Terror didn't they?

It would also pull out the congestion-that is my point. The AP's will be the vast majority of people flooding the lines during soft openings and premiere time, because they'll know about it through the internet.

Relax. Seriously.

Comment

Cuz we are special! Especially those of us with PREMIUM passes! We are EXTRA SPECIAL!

Comment

Originally posted by WatchYourHeadNStep
                    Disneyland 2007 - The Summer From Hell

1. Nemo ride opens
                    2. Rock-It Mountain supposedly premieres
                    3. Pirates Of The Caribbean - At World's End premieres at the park...
                    And don't forget the additional animatronics and the re-opening of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride once again next year (and the attendant lines!)
                    Last edited by RobotMirror; 07-11-2006, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Its not about special treatment. If AP's are allowed to go to an AP only soft opening, then they won't flood the attraction on opening day.

Its pretty clear, especially after reading Al's update today, that many of the problems the first week POTC was re-opened were attributed to a much higher than anticipated demand for the ride... mainly from AP'ers. Shouldn't Disney take a cue from this experience and avert such a problem from happening to Nemo? By offering the AP crowd an opportunity to ride before Nemo is open to the general public, the AP's (most of them anyway) won't feel the need to innundate the queues on opening day, and the general public will have shorter lines.

Really, everyone wins.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                      Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                      Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by WatchYourHeadNStep
                        Cuz we are special! Especially those of us with PREMIUM passes! We are EXTRA SPECIAL!
                        well that clears it up a bunch, but can you tell me what the difference is between special and EXTRA SPECIAL, by your logic I should get to go first because I am super extra special

sorry I did not mean to sound mad or anything it just came out that way, Thats whats happens when I send out micechap messages when I am at work!
                        THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole
                          Its not about special treatment. If AP's are allowed to go to an AP only soft opening, then they won't flood the attraction on opening day.

Its pretty clear, especially after reading Al's update today, that many of the problems the first week POTC was re-opened were attributed to a much higher than anticipated demand for the ride... mainly from AP'ers. Shouldn't Disney take a cue from this experience and avert such a problem from happening to Nemo? By offering the AP crowd an opportunity to ride before Nemo is open to the general public, the AP's (most of them anyway) won't feel the need to innundate the queues on opening day, and the general public will have shorter lines.

Really, everyone wins.
                          It's only to help make lines shorter for the everyday Disneyland goer. Is that really that bad? Our "special treatment" would be helping everyone get on Nemo sooner.
                          ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

Comment

Compared to Disney Management, salaried cast members, and hourly cast members..........Premium Annual Passholders are pond scum!

Comment

Originally posted by bljfour
                              The lines are going to be so long that I am thinking about camping out now, just to be sure you know.
                              LOL.:lol:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X