Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

French Market Treasure Chest Collapsed!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Market Treasure Chest Collapsed!

Not huge news, but my friend just called who works at French Market told me the custom made candy Jack Sparrow chest collapsed and broke apart today. He's not sure if they're going to build a new one or not, but that's just an interesting fact.
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

Re: French Market Treasure Chest Collapsed!

Darn. I still haven't seen it either.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Of course it collapsed!

Haven't you ever heard of a sunken pirate treasure chest?

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto
        Of course it collapsed!

Haven't you ever heard of a sunken pirate treasure chest?

*throws corn then secretly laughs*

Comment

Originally posted by dchun2007
          Not huge news, but my friend just called who works at French Market told me the custom made candy Jack Sparrow chest collapsed and broke apart today.
          It's not huge news....it's something better! It's"BREAKING" NEWS!!!

I'd best leave the room now.:blush:

-- Barry
          Last edited by Radiobarry; 07-12-2006, 04:54 AM.
          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Here is a photo from June 27th...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/...78219493/Large
            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

This was bound to happen. They placed a fragile chocolate decoration chock full of sparkly shiny things smack between the two queues of the French Market, within easy reach of even -toddlers- standing in line. To deter damage, they added a teeny little sign that said something like 'please don't touch the cursed treasure'. I saw it two separate nights, and each time I was in line more people fondled it than a buddah belly on the way out of a Chinese restaurant.
              Mr. Dark
              Writer, Disney geek, madman.

Comment

Yeah - that's the kind of thing that shouldn't be within guests' reach. Otherwise, it was doomed to eventually fall apart.
                Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Dark
                  This was bound to happen. They placed a fragile chocolate decoration chock full of sparkly shiny things smack between the two queues of the French Market, within easy reach of even -toddlers- standing in line. To deter damage, they added a teeny little sign that said something like 'please don't touch the cursed treasure'. I saw it two separate nights, and each time I was in line more people fondled it than a buddah belly on the way out of a Chinese restaurant.
                  I saw the same thing. I was lucky enough to see it just a few hours after it went on display...and people had already broken off parts of it. Was wondering how long it was going to last. But it was a beautiful piece of art.
                  Originally posted by migo
                  I poop with joy!
                  Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaStitch
                    I saw the same thing. I was lucky enough to see it just a few hours after it went on display...and people had already broken off parts of it. Was wondering how long it was going to last. But it was a beautiful piece of art.
                    That is so sad that people feel the need to damage something just because it is within reach. Disneyland has such great attention to detail and I love being able to see some of that detail up close but thanks to people like those who could not keep their hands off this chest that will become more and more rare. I also feel bad for the people who put the time into creating this chest only to see it destroyed by careless guests who did not appreciate what went into this decoration enough to just look and not touch.

Comment

Did they seriously think that little sign was going to deter people from touching the treasure chest? People seem to go ahead and do whatever they want regardless of what a sign says. You would hope that parents who can read will instruct their children not to touch; the problem is there is nobody to tell the adults to keep their hands off.

Thanks for the picture, Darkbeer.

Comment

You made something out of food, then displayed it during a hot summer... bound to happen.

Plus, people suck.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Darnit! And I wasn't there to catch some of those delicious morsels!

Comment

And it could not be made again? Wow, my heart is broken.

Do note that placing a sign that says "don't touch," in a theme park that does the exact same thing in the Indy Queue in order to GET guests to touch said things, well, it's bound to cause confusion.

Put it in a glass case next time if it's so precious. Otherwise, have a second ready in the back room.

Comment

I feel sorry for whoever made it.
                              Their hard and beautiful work has been reduced to ruins because of some individuals need to touch things.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X