This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat

Sadly, I had no camera with me. But for those wondering what $8.99 buys you for the Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat at Blue Bayou, it's a 1" thick chocolate chip cookie batter baked in a pan that is shaped like a boat. The length is probably 7-8 inches and is about 3-4 inches across. It's quite soft and much more like a brownie than a cookie in texture.

It's topped with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate and caramel sauce swirled on top and on the surrounding plate. It also has a neat sugar-based sail and mast!

I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting, but I somehow visualized a dish shaped like a boat and actual round flat chocolate chip cookies with ice cream, kind of like a banana split.

It was good tasting. Not sure if it's $8.99 good tasting - I'd have to say compared to offerings at other nice restaurants it's not quite all that (and desserts there are similarly priced and portioned).

Overall, I wasn't displeased with my Blue Bayou experience but it's not something I'm placing high on my priority list to do again.

Re: Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat

DH and I shared the Flying Dutchman last weekend and I agree with everything you said. I was hoping that the BB would have made drastic changes to their menu, but was disappointed to see it was similar to before. Oh, well...it's only the Vineyard Room for us from now on, when we want to spend $$$$ on a Disney meal.
    Originally posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

Comment

We enjoyed our experience of "destroying" the ships.

The kids kept the sails and masts as souveniers. We ordered two, so they had a "battle to the finish" before we devoured them. Tastey treat.

We took pics, but I haven't been able to load them here yet. Maybe some day...

Comment

Sounds good, but I don't see myself spending $8.99 for it.

Comment

Do not attempt to eat the sugar mast - bleck!

It looked cool ... but I agree with Aristocat. The Vineyard Room rocks. I would choose that over the Blue Bayou at any time if given the choice.
          One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
          Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

I only like to go the the blue bayou to wave at the passengers and grab a lil something to eat...i have to glance at the table next to me next time to check out the dutchman dessert.

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
            For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey
              We enjoyed our experience of "destroying" the ships.

The kids kept the sails and masts as souveniers. We ordered two, so they had a "battle to the finish" before we devoured them. Tastey treat.

We took pics, but I haven't been able to load them here yet. Maybe some day...
              I love the description of eating the ships! :lol: I look forward to it! Yumm.
              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Is it like a pazookie?

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJenn
                  Do not attempt to eat the sugar mast - bleck!
                  so is the sugar mast the same material as the pirates coin and stand that are on the chocolate dessert in french market? because while the back of the coin claims "edible", that is debatable

Comment

It sounds tasty, but at $8.99, it's a pretty pricey dessert. That's three churros!
                    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

Comment

Wow, a $9 brownie sundae with a catchy name. Yawn. Whose idea of "fine dining" is this? *cough* tourist trap *cough*

After seeing pictures of the really uninspired food, hearing reports of the haphazard service, and seeing that they charge mid-$20s even for chicken and pork (not to mention that I can't have a glass of wine), I have decided not to even bother with BB. Bummer, because I haven't been there since I was a teenager (a loooong time ago) and was looking forward to it. On the other hand, my friends are taking me to Granville's for my birthday in 2 weeks, so I'm happy.
                      An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
                      www.TheTikiTerrace.com

Comment

I have a priority seating res for the BB on the 17th for lunch. Maybe I'll try this. I have to eat there at least once since the change over. However after seeing the pictures and reading the reviews I'm thinking it could be the last time unless Disney changes something.
                        Mike

Comment

The back of the sail said 'edible' so I gave it a try. About as edible as those wax teeth I used to get at Halloween and tasted like candy buttons.
                          I'd stick to the actual dessert.
                          Originally posted by All4dISNEY
                          Words hurt.

Comment

On a recent trip to the Blue Bayou we couldn't find anyone in our group whose teeth could even make a dent in the so-called "edible" items in the deserts--that that includes the medallion, its stand, the sail and mast, or the treasure chest.

Comment

Go for the creme brulee-- it comes with the Dead Man's Chest. Pretty sweet.
                              Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                              Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                              May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X