X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gothemi
    • Feb 2005

Does the DLH have a real balcony?

I booked a package this summer at the Disneyland Hotel and requested a theme park view. I have stayed in the Sierra tower before (if that's the building facing East/West), but was facing inward towards the pool. I asked for the Sierra tower again, but had a question about the balcony, which I figured somebody here might know.

I remember a small balcony that you can barely place your foot on. Does the theme park view (or in this case east view) have a larger balcony? Do the sliding glass doors open fully?

And one last thing...Where and what is the Top Brass bar? Does it cost extra to get in?
  • disneyballerina
    Sparkle Plenty
    MiceChat News Team
    • Jul 2006

Re: Does the DLH have a real balcony?

We were at DLH in the Bonita Tower last month, sixth floor. We had a tennsy-weensy little balcony overlooking the koi and the Neverland Pool. No chair would fit out there. You could just barely stand out there.

Comment

• SCUBAbe
      no flash photography...
      • Jan 2005

no it doesn't

Comment

• pirateslife4me
        He's a Beautiful Pirate..
        • Jun 2006

What you had facing the pool is the same facing the Downtown Disney/Theme park view. There is no balcony. Just sliding glass doors that open WIDE to a railing. The view, up high, is terrific. I'm sorry, I can't help you on the Top Brass Bar. We are always in the parks. Have a wonderful time!!!

Comment

• wolfy
          Still wants to be a cat!
          • Jan 2005

Top Brass Bar is located in the DLH in between Goofy's Kitchen and Granville's. Just a nice relaxed lounge where you can have a drink.
          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

• FantasyWatersDude
            Mountain Dew User
            • Sep 2005

nope, they just have a little walk on patio kind of like what everyone else said...

Comment

• adormouse
              Lost in Wonderland
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Gothemi
              And one last thing...Where and what is the Top Brass bar? Does it cost extra to get in?
              The Top Brass bar is free to go in, I found that out in Feb. LOL funny story, I saw the menu and a burger is $6. When I got my tab for four drinks it was over $40! I was shocked, lol, but I should've known it would be expensive. It was Disney!

The bartender was super nice and let me tell you that the drinks were excellent. So since my tab was so expensive (for me anyways) the bartender let me take some cool 50th napkins home as souvenirs. :blush: Honestly since the burgers were so cheap I thought that the drinks would average around the same price!
              Last edited by adormouse; 07-14-2006, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• figment1986
                Banned User
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by adormouse
                The Top Brass bar is free to go in, I found that out in Feb. LOL funny story, I saw the menu and a burger is $6. When I got my tab for four drinks it was over $40! I was shocked, lol, but I should've known it would be expensive. It was Disney!

The bartender was super nice and let me tell you that the drinks were excellent. So since my tab was so nice the bartender let me take some cool 50th napkins home as souvenirs. :blush: Honestly since the burgers were so cheap I thought that the drinks would average around the same price!
                Bar = cheap food.. good expensive drinks..

Comment

• Gothemi
                  • Feb 2005

Cool, thanks for the info. That bar sounds a bit pricey, but not as bad as many in Las Vegas.

Comment

• Angelica Gracey
                    Wishing I was at the DLR!
                    • Apr 2005

I have stayed at the DLH twice, and there are no balconies. There are only sliding glass doors that open, with safety railing. You can however open the sliding glass door all the way and move a chair in front to look out. I did this once to watch the fireworks. It's much better with a balcony though...

Now if you want actual balconies, then the GCH is the place! All rooms, except for the courtyard view, have balconies. I have stayed at the GCH over 7 times. I've had the courtyard view once, the only thing cool about the courtyard view is the monorail runs through the courtyard.

Hope you have a great trip!

Comment

• oldhotelguy
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Angelica Gracey
                      I have stayed at the DLH twice, and there are no balconies. There are only sliding glass doors that open, with safety railing. You can however open the sliding glass door all the way and move a chair in front to look out. I did this once to watch the fireworks. It's much better with a balcony though...

Now if you want actual balconies, then the GCH is the place! All rooms, except for the courtyard view, have balconies. I have stayed at the GCH over 7 times. I've had the courtyard view once, the only thing cool about the courtyard view is the monorail runs through the courtyard.

Hope you have a great trip!
                      There are balconies at the Disneyland Hotel. We had a very nice one in the Bonita Tower that had a table and chairs. We stayed in a suite at the Hotel and it was wonderful. We had coffee, tea and cookies with some friends on the balcony and it had a wonderful view.

sigpicwww.magicalhotel.com

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X