Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain Mickeys Halloween Treat? Post pictures?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain Mickeys Halloween Treat? Post pictures?

I have seen that many people on this board have bought tickets to MHT. The dates we are going on our trip may have changed to include Oct 13th. I went on the Disneyland website but it contains very little information about this event. I am guessing that this takes place in DCA. What exactly is this event? Is the big deal that sdults can wear costumes (wich we will not be doing.)
    Does anyone have pictures?
    Also we will have a 2, 5 and 17 year old with us. Is this something that they all would enjoy?
    Thank you for any information!
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

Re: Can someone explain Mickeys Halloween Treat? Post pictures?

It was exhaustively covered here, enjoy
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...alloween+treat

and here is the official link
    http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ecialOfferPage
    Last edited by ALIASd; 07-14-2006, 09:08 AM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by poohnpiglet
      I have seen that many people on this board have bought tickets to MHT. The dates we are going on our trip may have changed to include Oct 13th. I went on the Disneyland website but it contains very little information about this event. I am guessing that this takes place in DCA. What exactly is this event? Is the big deal that sdults can wear costumes (wich we will not be doing.)
      Does anyone have pictures?
      Also we will have a 2, 5 and 17 year old with us. Is this something that they all would enjoy?
      Thank you for any information!
      Here's my review from last year.

Comment

Thank you so much for all of the information!

Comment

Mostly trick-or-treat stations, and a lot of the rides are open. When I went last year, there was NO ONE on Tower of Terror or California Screamin - a great chance to get your rides in with no wait! Plus the pictures come out really nifty when everyone's in costume. And it's the one time of the year when adults are allowed to wear costumes to the park! There's also a bit of entertainment - they have little DJ stations and halloween-themed street performers scattered around the park. Also, last year, at the end of the night they'd do a big "goodbye" number with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, villains, etc., in the entrance plaza.

Here's my pics from last year:
          http://xfkirsten.smugmug.com/gallery/902310
          "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

why arent you gonna wear costumes???? my family is and theres noone under 18! p.s. oct. 13 thats the day were going!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cstephens
              That actually could not be a better review -- heavy on the pictures, and opinion. I love it -- thank you!

Comment

It just wasn't that good last year unless you were in costume or had a kid. Here are a few pix.

Long lines for candy. Not many food places or shops open. Qucik lines for rides though :-)

Aprille :-)

Comment

Originally posted by prillzilla
                  It just wasn't that good last year unless you were in costume or had a kid.
                  Seriously disagree. Last year, we had no kid with us, and we weren't in costume. And we had a blast. But then, apparently, I'm a stick in the mud because I don't do costumes, even for Halloween. Never been my thing, even as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by bryangharwood
                    why arent you gonna wear costumes???? my family is and theres noone under 18! p.s. oct. 13 thats the day were going!!!
                    I gues me and hubby are just not that creative. Hubby's sisters make some of the coolest Haloween costumes. This year one of them is going crazy making the redhead costume from POTC and making her husband the auctioneer costume as well. You can see the progress on her costumes on www.wewantstheredhead.com

I think I will let her know about this event. I think it would be perfect for her and her Hubby.

Thank you all for your great input and pictures. I think because our children are still so young that this event might be to late for them.
                    Thank you all again!!

Comment

I believe you can find a review of last year's in the mouseplanet archives.

Cheers.
                      Remember
                      What the dormouse said
                      Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

I had a blast last year when I went. My pics are here: http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...oween%20Treat/

My mom and I knew food places wouldn't really be open in the park so we did Goofys Kitchen before the treat. I didn't dress up for Halloween last year but this year I will!

Comment

If it's anything like Disney Worlds Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, I'm sure it's fantastic, even for grown-ups. It's more than worth it just to see the characters in their halloween costumes.

Comment

Originally posted by MMP
                            If it's anything like Disney Worlds Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, I'm sure it's fantastic, even for grown-ups. It's more than worth it just to see the characters in their halloween costumes.
                            Its not really anything like the one at the Magic Kingdom.
                            Characters, yes.
                            Candy, yes.
                            That's about it.
                            BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                            October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                            October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                            April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                            October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                            October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                            October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                            October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                            December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                            July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                            July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                            July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                            February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                            February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                            TRIP REPORTS

Comment

I also have 2 reports from my 2 visit's to Mickey's Halloween Treat last year.

http://www.visionsfantastic.org/dadd..._24_Update.htm
                              The "Halloween Treat" visit starts about halfway down the update.

http://www.visionsfantastic.org/dadd..._07_Update.htm
                              My 2nd night visit starts just a little ways down in this photo update.

Even at the time, I was very impressed with colddeadfish's review and quality pictures of the "Halloween Treat". It still holds up as an excellent, very in-depth review.
                              ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X