Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More than 5 days--second ticket or add-on?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than 5 days--second ticket or add-on?

So say I wanted to purchase SEVEN days of park-hopping at DLR. Do I have to buy a five-day pass and then a two-day pass? Or can I add days to the five-day'er?

Trying to understand the system. . .

mk

Re: More than 5 days--second ticket or add-on?

If you want more than 5 days, you usually have to buy a package, and that means staying at one of the on-property, or good neighbor hotels.

Are you staying on-property?

This is sickening, I know.....but, last December, I bought a 7-day parkhopper, as a guest of the Grand Californian for only $189.00.....at the front desk, when I checked in. It wasn't part of a package.....just separate park hoppers they sell their guests.

I don't know if you can do that anywhere else.

But, most of the good neighbor hotels have packages which go beyond 5 day parkhopper.
    2007 Photos:
    http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
    More 2007 Photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
    2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
    http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
    2006 Photos:
    http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

Comment

I'm in Australia, and I have a 14 day vacation pass. It was less than $10 more than the 4 day pass

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
      Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
      Originally Posted by MWalton
      :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

[quote=Dale-n-Chip]So say I wanted to purchase SEVEN days of park-hopping at DLR. Do I have to buy a five-day pass and then a two-day pass? Or can I add days to the five-day'er?

How about buying a 5 day pass and upgrading to an AP?
        Janette

Comment

Originally posted by Leofoenget
          Originally posted by Dale-n-Chip
          So say I wanted to purchase SEVEN days of park-hopping at DLR. Do I have to buy a five-day pass and then a two-day pass? Or can I add days to the five-day'er?
          How about buying a 5 day pass and upgrading to an AP?
          If you just need 7 day passes and won't be able to come back for several years, they sell "Length of Stay" passes at participating hotels for a very small increase over the 5-day.

But if you can get back here for another visit just inside a year from the first day of this visit, the "Upgrade to an Annual Passholder" strategy can pay off for you big-time. But you have to make a plan and be clear on all the details.

They back-date the AP "start date" to the first day the ticket that you are upgrading was used, your 365 Days start then. And you can do the upgrade at the end of your first trip (BEFORE closing time) and not have to worry about Blockout Day rules if you upgrade to a Deluxe or Select AP, because the regular ticket has no blockout days. You only have the blockout day restrictions when you return to the park as an AP.

Go look at the Blockout Days calendar before you plan your return trip. If you can travel mid-week and don't want Christmas Week - or all summer for the Select - the lesser passes will work. SoCal Select:
          http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/med...ckout_0206.pdf
          SoCal:
          Deluxe:

If you are going to upgrade one or more visitors to a Premium AP, do it on the first day of your visit - they will refund you for that day's parking if you bring the stub inside, and you can take advantage of all the merchandise and dining discounts.

You might be able to get a better 'AP Rate' at a DLR Hotel - just don't arrive and check in the night before. Because you won't be an AP Holder yet... Catch 22.

You only need one PAP per party to get the discounts - but that person has to be the one handing the money to the cashier (that name on the credit card), since they are the one eligible for the discounts. So you can have one PAP in the party and upgrade the rest of the family (wife and kids) to the cheaper pass at the end of the visit - again, BEFORE closing time.

--<< Bruce >>--
          There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by tassie
            I'm in Australia, and I have a 14 day vacation pass. It was less than $10 more than the 4 day pass
            Hey Tassie - Aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi and all that.

Who did you book with to get this 14 day vacation pass? Just out of curiosity really, because I'll be spending about 3 or 4 days there next time I go, and maybe a week at WDW. Are there any super-spiffy combo deals I can get?

Originally posted by Pisces
            This is sickening, I know.....but, last December, I bought a 7-day parkhopper, as a guest of the Grand Californian for only $189.00
            Amazing stuff, especially given that the 2-Day Hopper is about...$106ish? I think it has gone up since I last bought one. I REALLY want to stay at the GC next time, but I may have to save the pennies so as to be able to afford the Contemporary or something on the Monorail in Florida (we don't drive).
            I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by Loomis

Who did you book with to get this 14 day vacation pass? Just out of curiosity really, because I'll be spending about 3 or 4 days there next time I go, and maybe a week at WDW. Are there any super-spiffy combo deals I can get?
              I have one of those 14 day passes in my Disney 'folder' (bought at TDL) from when I went this year. However, we only payed for a four day pass and our over zealous travel agent gave us the upgrade free. As far as I know you can use a WDW ticket at DL, but not the other way around, so you might be able to save by buying a Magic Your Way ticket and using that.

Comment

I should clarify:

Me, I'm a first-time AP holder--just the Deluxe, not the Premium.

BUT, I'm working on a DL trip with a friend who will need a park pass the week after Thanksgiving. There are a number of "remainder" tix on eBay from independent sellers (I'm not talking the mass-sellers, just the individuals) that I have considered steering her towards, but they tend to be 1 or 2-day leftovers and she'll need 3-4. I'm trying to figure out if there is any value to purchasing a longer duration pass and finding someone to split it with. It's just an avenue we are exploring right now, trying to figure out the budget.

Advance purchase tix from DL's site: $149/3 days; $169/4 days; $179/5 days. When you factor in s/h, Ares is actually less expensive for a single pass.

It may be that just buying the 3 or 4 day pass is the best bet. Like I said, we're just weighing the options.

Great feedback so far--thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Loomis
                  I know it's :ot: but I have to ask: What the (heck) is that all about? :blink:

--<< Bruce >>--
                  There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Dale-n-Chip

Trying to understand the system. . .

mk
                    You can get a 7 or 8 day pass (same price) by calling the WDTC (714) 520-5060. They were $199 last April.
                    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Last edited by Uzmati; 07-18-2006, 07:57 PM.
                      IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman
                        They back-date the AP "start date" to the first day the ticket that you are upgrading was used, your 365 Days start then. And you can do the upgrade at the end of your first trip (BEFORE closing time) and not have to worry about Blockout Day rules if you upgrade to a Deluxe or Select AP, because the regular ticket has no blockout days. You only have the blockout day restrictions when you return to the park as an AP.

Go look at the Blockout Days calendar before you plan your return trip. If you can travel mid-week and don't want Christmas Week - or all summer for the Select - the lesser passes will work. -
                        However, they can't block you your first day, whether it's a block out day or not.

So if you need one peak day, and it's your first day using the annual pass......it's ok!

Me? I did some computation, and considering how many days I go during they year, 7-8ish....the annual passes just aren't as great a value as buying my parkhoppers at the front desk of the hotel I stay at.

I'd have to visit the park at least a total of 14 days, throughout the year to get more of a value than I currently do from the great rates I get on Parkhoppers at the front desk.

Plus, I never go during any other time but peak periods.......so.

The Premium would be a total waste for me, since I already pay a separate fee for parking/valet at my hotel.
                        2007 Photos:
                        http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
                        More 2007 Photos:
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
                        2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
                        http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
                        2006 Photos:
                        http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X