X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone going to DCA this summer?

This comment got my attention...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl060724xx

What these pictures also show is that summer attendance at Disney's California Adventure is back down to low expectations. We always get slammed for bringing this up, but it seems the combination of heat and blacked out annual passes are keeping away the locals and keeping the in park crowds to the small side of estimates.
    Lets go back to the last few days and check out some photos....

First from July 12th, around 2:15 to 3 PM

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1661573/8

Notice the Screamin' queue is over half empty on a peak Summer day in the mid-afternoon

Next is a Sunday, July 16th, normally the busiest day of the week for DCA, around 5 PM

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1673581/30

Screamin' queue once again over half empty (and I took multiple photos from 5 to 7:30 PM), and very little crowds lining up for the Block Party Bash.

Monday, July 17th, attend the Electrical Parade, and right at starting time (8:45 PM), there were plenty of front row seats still available....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1679646/21

Then I attended the Cars Meet and Greet at 1 PM on Friday, July 21st.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1691179/1

So where is everyone???
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Is anyone going to DCA this summer?

Hopefully ill be going within the next 2 weeks but i want to go just to see the cars meet. :lol:
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

Comment

Seriously. I was there on Saturday July 15th, and DL was packed (45+ Minute Lines). Everything in DCA was a walkon. There was nobody in the ToT Lobby & boiler room, and we even left with a half filled elevator. No line for Monsters, Soarin', or Screamin'. At that rate, you could 'do' the whole park in about 3 hours!
      -Monorail Man

Comment

Thanks for sharing DB love the photos
        :crazylegs

Comment

That DB and CL always give good photos. But enough for the serious talk...
          I will be there, first hand, to experience the DL crowds on 7/25 to 7/28 so I expect short lines! As for Universal, I can't say the same. Huge lines with huge waits over the estimated times. I don't mind waiting, but please be more accurate with the estimates, something that Disney tells the truth upon. I guess they're trying to have the 'guests' pay extra for the "Front of the Line Pass."
          See ya on Tuesday! And like CrazyLegs Says: "Stay Cool!" It's hot out here.... did I even leave Phoenix?

Comment

I was at DCA again on Friday night. The only ride that wasn't really a walk-on was Soarin' most everything else was about a 5 minute standby.
            Mike

Comment

We're trying to get as much California Screamin' time as we can before the refurb.

Grizzly River Run is BEST in this kind of weather. But I can't wait for the landscaping to grow in and offer more shade

You can always find a nice air conditioned seat at Golden Dreams or a place to get out of the sun in the caverns under the Animation Building.

Besides a Chocolate and Steam Sundae is BEST on a very warm California evening sitting on the patio outside Burrrbank Icecream waiting for MSEP. And isn't MSEP supposedly going away again after this summer?

We've gone five times in July alone. We love DCA and we REALLY love the fact that most people seem to avoid it. Suckersssssss, go wait an hour in the hot sun to ride Space or Splash Mountain. Across the Esplanade everything's been wonderfully walk on most of the summer.

IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

Now why can't it be like this when I go?? I love DCA totally LOve the place, and I spend most of my time there. I wish I was there now!!!!

Comment

to be fair, when I was at dl two weeks ago the crowds were lighter than normal there as well....The attendence seems to be down for both parks and 45 min waits at DL for the "E Tickets" is nothing for summer time.

Comment

Love DCA. We'll be there in late August. A few glasses of wine, watch the parade and then have a nice dinner. Yea!

Comment

OK I'm totally confused is it Crowded or not Crowded at which park?

Comment

Someone please drag this dead horse backstage so we can all resume having a good time....

Comment

I just want to know is it worth it to go in August or will it be too crowded?!

Comment

I go to DCA everytime I go and it reminds me of how empty DL used to be back in the eighties. I loved it. It scares me that they will do something even more outragous to just to get guests in the park. Right now it is very peaceful.

Great PICS DARKBEER!!
                            Jason

Comment

Originally posted by mcow1
                              I was at DCA again on Friday night. The only ride that wasn't really a walk-on was Soarin' most everything else was about a 5 minute standby.
                              I was there on Friday night as well. Monsters had a 25 minute wait. We didn't go on anything else there that evening though.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                              Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                              Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X