Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Land For Subs, Matterhorn, MBC area?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Build the EXPEDITION EVEREST ride over the Motorboat Cruise and let the autopia and monorail weave in and out of tunnels and wrap around it.

Then both mountains could be part of EXPLORERLAND or DISCOVERYLAND.
    I doubt if EXPEDITION EVEREST is coming. But maybe some version of Storm Chaser from TDS? That would fit an "Explorerland" theme.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

It's a little soon to be cloning EXPEDITION EVEREST (since when was that spelled in capitals?), because nobody even knows if the first one at Animal Kingdom is good since its hasnt opened.

And why did you (CaliforniaAdventurer) capitalize EXPLORERLAND and DISCOVERYLAND like that? I hate it when people capitalize things that arent meant to be capitalized. It's annoying.

Comment

STORM CHASERS would be fun too.

No, I'm not capitalizing things to make them appear like the title treatment of the ride or anything... Thinking about this I think its cause I draft a lot of contracts at work and we always put the title of the movie in "CAPS" so I think the titles of new rides or lands should be CAPITALIZED if its all the same to YOU mr. MOTOR BOAT CRUISER hehehe. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by mickhyperion
          That Discovery Bay concept seems tailor made for DCA at this point, especially as it was referred to as a "San Francisco of the 1850-1880's," complete with Chinatown. The entire area between A Bug's Land and Paradise Pier would be a perfect spot. DCA could stand a big infusion of history.
          Thats a good point, who says that the theme has to be California of TODAY
          "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

Comment

Build the EXPEDITION EVEREST ride over the Motorboat Cruise and let the autopia and monorail weave in and out of tunnels and wrap around it.

Then both mountains could be part of EXPLORERLAND or DISCOVERYLAND.
            I know Matterhorn and Expedition Everest are fairly similar but it would be fun to have EE here too...

If not, maybe they can build the volcano from TDS rising from the sub lagoon with autopia cars and monorails whirling around it...

Comment

I know Matterhorn and Expedition Everest are fairly similar but it would be fun to have EE here too...

If not, maybe they can build the volcano from TDS rising from the sub lagoon with autopia cars and monorails whirling around it...
              Is there a way to use that basic idea but in a totally unique-to-Disneyland way?

I forget who has advocated this basic idea in the past, but how about instead of the volcano, have the "mountain" be entirely made of crystals, like those found in the Matterhorn's cave? It would unify the two areas, and could make a great transition from the woody Fantasyland to a sort of fantasy of nature to a very chrome-and-crystal futuristic sculpture with lighting effects leading into Tomorrowland. You could even repeat this basic idea in that funky Ariel meet and greet and wrap it around to the Tomorrowland "gate" once AstroOrbitor moves back to the Rocket Tower.
              See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
              78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

I like the Crystal Caves idea, as long as it's a mountain and you can see it from the 5 Fwy I'm with you brother.

Comment

I like the Crystal Caves idea, as long as it's a mountain and you can see it from the 5 Fwy I'm with you brother.
                  Well, just to add to that... maybe you could even pay an homage to the Skyway, and have the track of the new ride shoot through the Matterhorn's crystal cave, then loop back around somehow. Maybe even take a page from the Maelstrom and Everest design books and have your vehicle shoot through the Matterhorn, then switch onto a parallel track going the opposite direction.

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Mod, just giving you a w00t for your ideas.
                    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Has Al Lutz ever mentioned the possibility of this happening or is this just MiceChatters daydreaming?

Comment

I think it's mostly brought about by the fact that this area has always been a transition land, but with Nemo leading the Biggest Rumor Disney Won't Confirm race, and the MBC being drained for no clear purpose, there's a real sense of wonder about what to do about this particular piece of real estate.

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Has Al Lutz ever mentioned the possibility of this happening or is this just MiceChatters daydreaming?
                          I had a friend at WDI and he hinted about this to me some years ago. With what's happening in the Sub Lagoon and MBC area we can hope that they might be reserecting the idea. After all, WDI never throws anything away (except good employees).
                          Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

O_O wow this thread takes many ideas that I've been saying for months

of course then it's created while I'm taking a short week off from visiting tons of Disney sites (been watching E3 and rooting for Nintendo)

anywho I've been saying for a while now they might as well give that area a new name

they don't need to add to much more

visualy it's never really matched the traditional tomorrowland

I've always advocated a Discovery/Exploration-land name that matches the general theme that all these attractions share (but I'm not talking about bringing in any sort of victorian themeing or litteral interpitation of Paris's land or some unknown concept just creating a new land out of the general theme the areas always had)

visualy the Matterhorn and Sub Lagoon have always matched each other and both have always had a theme involving exploration of Nature and our world (exploring a mountain exploring the ocean) you could also say that they're about discovering new things in these types of locations (you search these kinds of locations to discover new things)

Autopia matches this area much better then it does Tomorrowland also (children discover what it's like to drive or perhaps you can use the automobile as a form of exploring our world) and then with the addition of Aquatopia (a ride very conducive to what hte Motorboat Cruise has left behind) you would get these themes even stronger (not to mention you'd have to topia's "aqua" and "auto" bringing even more unity to this area)
                            "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

I don't mind the creating of a new land, but just renaming a area that was already there and not adding any real rides seems like just repackaging the same old product.

Remember that the submarines are really not a new ride. It was there before and now it is being restored. Obviously, the Matterhorn and Autotopia are there now. What are we gaining? Just new signs in a few entrances? I say add a real new ride to this area and then renaming it seems to have a purpose.

I am all for more E ticket rides. This area calls for something really spectacular to pull of the change. If they want a discovery theme to this ride, then great. But I really think that just renaming an area is the cheap way to get excitment up at Disneyland. It is like getting excited about Space Mountain opening. IT WAS THERE BEFORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan
                                I don't mind the creating of a new land, but just renaming a area that was already there and not adding any real rides seems like just repackaging the same old product.

Remember that the submarines are really not a new ride. It was there before and now it is being restored. Obviously, the Matterhorn and Autotopia are there now. What are we gaining? Just new signs in a few entrances? I say add a real new ride to this area and then renaming it seems to have a purpose.

I am all for more E ticket rides. This area calls for something really spectacular to pull of the change. If they want a discovery theme to this ride, then great. But I really think that just renaming an area is the cheap way to get excitment up at Disneyland. It is like getting excited about Space Mountain opening. IT WAS THERE BEFORE!!
                                well Bear Country and Critter Country is an example of a name swap (I believe it was also the indian village)

and lets not forget Critter Country AND New Orleans were both formerly part of Frontierland if I'm not mistaken

there isn't anything wrong with cutting a new land out of existing things

I get the idea that Nemo will be newer then you think, it's an overlay but it's still much more then just refreshed Subs and with newer effects and sets it could easily be new enough to advertise as a new attraction

the combine that with a good complimentary ride Aquatopia a year later and you have plenty of reason to justify bringing in another two attractions to become part of this new land

the Tomorrowland trainstation might also become a good fit for this theme and have a name change

afterall what's so tomorrowish about the grand canyon?

but can you explor it? of course and how about "discovering" the age of the dinosaurs (when I was little I always thought the Primevil world was just you accidently going to far back into the past or something while returning to the present from the future? was this ever narrarated or did I just make it up? o_O)
                                "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Re: New Land For Subs, Matterhorn, MBC area?

Uhmm somebody is going off on a tangent.

Comment

I'm all for that area getting its own little land. However, I think that Matterhorn works perfectly well with the European look of Fantasyland, so I wouldn't want to mess with it. Someone proposed an aquatic theme for this area, and I'd be all for it. Put a Little Mermaid ride in part of the MBC and bring back something like Chicken of the Sea. For this to really work on its own as a land, it would have to have at least a shop and a restaurant as well as just rides.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

aquatic theme? DisneySea? They have Ariel's Playground, which could work plus a Little Mermaid dark ride might work, the monorail track would have to be shortened to one loop around the Matterhorn to build up though.

Comment

aquatic theme? DisneySea? They have Ariel's Playground, which could work plus a Little Mermaid dark ride might work, the monorail track would have to be shortened to one loop around the Matterhorn to build up though.
                                        Plus you've already got Nemo there. (Or will have, anyway.) There's already a pretty strong basis for a water-themed land. (I'm not familiar enough with DisneySea to make any sort of accurate comparison.)

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

It'd be pretty easy to make Nemo/Matterhorn a land. Critter country is a land and it doesnt haven many attraction. Maybe add an attraction that is themed to have a group to shrink and travel inside a human body? Or is there something similar to that in Florida? I think this is a good idea.. but at the same time, the matterhorn fits so well in Fantasyland. Either way, I hope WDI does something more with this area.
                                          Disneyland Trips
                                          1990, 1992, 1994, 1996, 2003, 2005, 2009, 2011, 2015, 2019

Walt Disney World Trips
                                          2018, 2020

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X