Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Land For Subs, Matterhorn, MBC area?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied
    Re: New Land For Subs, Matterhorn, MBC area?

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
    Would it be possible to put the subs entrance (queue, load/unload, etc) across from the Matterhorn? Basically under the monorail track where the smoking area is now? That would certainly take it out of tomorrowland.

And in that same scenario, that's where the fantasyland autopia entrance was. Why couldn't they move the Autopia entrance (and why not ... even the Monorail entrance) there.

Then that whole area from the Matterhorn up past Fantasia Gardens (the old MBC load/unload) could be the new discoveryland or whatever it's going to be called.
    What's left of the former Fantasyland Autopia queue is a tiny strip of walkway currently used as the smokers lounge. Nice idea, but its not practical, they need that huge queue to get all the kiddies on Autopia, and Chevron only paid for the ride so you'd have to pass through the commercials in the building you go through.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

Would it be possible to put the subs entrance (queue, load/unload, etc) across from the Matterhorn? Basically under the monorail track where the smoking area is now? That would certainly take it out of tomorrowland.

And in that same scenario, that's where the fantasyland autopia entrance was. Why couldn't they move the Autopia entrance (and why not ... even the Monorail entrance) there.

Then that whole area from the Matterhorn up past Fantasia Gardens (the old MBC load/unload) could be the new discoveryland or whatever it's going to be called.

Leave a comment:

• ModHatter
    replied

Originally posted by Professortango
    This rumor is complete wishfull thinking. The only thing I hope they chage is changing the direction of the sub track and moving the dock to the opposite side. There is little que room for the subs in TL, and they don't fit thematically. If you turned MBC into a que for Nemo it would solve both issues very easily.
    Yes, but unfortunately, it would be sucking up even more valuable expansion real estate. For what, a queue???

Personally, I don't go to Disneyland to ride the queues. Bad enough that they ruin one of my favorite rides with a theme that insults my intelligence and bores me to tears before the attraction can even open. But to take land that could be used to reopen MBC, or create a whole new ride like Aquatopia, a Little Mermaid dark ride, or a Rescuers swamp boat ride -- and turn that into a "pretty" place to line up? Humbug.

Leave a comment:

• Professortango
    replied

This rumor is complete wishfull thinking. The only thing I hope they chage is changing the direction of the sub track and moving the dock to the opposite side. There is little que room for the subs in TL, and they don't fit thematically. If you turned MBC into a que for Nemo it would solve both issues very easily.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

Originally posted by aerinpegadrak
    Plus you've already got Nemo there. (Or will have, anyway.) There's already a pretty strong basis for a water-themed land. (I'm not familiar enough with DisneySea to make any sort of accurate comparison.)
    Check out their website http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/index_e.html

I doubt Disney will be building a third park in California, so I'd like to see some of these attractions brought to one of the two parks we do have.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

At this point, it's about maximizing all the space they can in the theme park. A big empty motor boat lagoon and sub lagoon with PeopleMover tracks to nowhere all over the sky are the anti-weenie. They make people think something is MISSING, something's not right. Something's not well in the Magic Kingdom. Even a series of gazebos with Character Greets and landscaping would be better than the long row of tables in the former load/unload area with an empty green lagoon.

Leave a comment:

• disneylandian192
    replied

^^ I absolutely Agree^^

On a side note. I dont think it would be such a good idea to build up around the MBC area. Why you ask? Weeeeell, there is already two weanies in that small area.(SM and Matterhorn) So if they built a third that would really make the Disneyland skyline look quite congested.(On the East side that is) YMMV

Leave a comment:

• Speedway
    replied

Originally posted by Spalding
    Either way, I hope WDI does something more with this area.
    It's not WDI who decides. I'm sure if WDI had their way, the parks would be in the 10 wonders of the world. Seriously. :bow:

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied

Tomorrowland doesn't need to be made smaller... What it needs is more attractions.

Leave a comment:

• Speedway
    replied

Originally posted by robotpirates
    Remember ModHatter, it was only freedom fries around Washington DC.
    Um, and Walt Disney World. Specifically the USA Pavilion at Epcot :ap:

Leave a comment:

• Lore
    replied

The Matterhorn is a great transition from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland. It fits with the exploration/discovery theme of tomorrowland and it's circled by the monorail. I think Walt got it right and some of what's been done since he died has weakened and confused his remarkably clear vision.

Leave a comment:

• FloggingMorgy
    replied

If you mess with the Autopia Track a little bit, maybe shorten it like it was when there were (i believe) two autopias then you can take the MBC area and make a new ride. There's plenty of room there. OR you can just work it around Autopia depending on what the ride is. Or just having everything weaving in and out of eachother like craziness, that'd be awesome.

Just thinking...

Leave a comment:

• DLResident
    replied

While I do think Matterhorn has nothing to do with the future and don't know why it was ever listed as a Tomorrowland attraction, Fantasyland can be more relevant. The Abominable Snowman is a myth and legend; a fantasy. And if you look at most of the buildings in Fantasyland (ie, the Sleeping Beauty Castle Court) has its theme towards old European style. Look at Matterhorn's boarding station and it fits.

Submarine Voyage allows/allowed you to travel through "Liquid Space" and explore the vast reaches and mysteries of the marine world.

Motorboat Cruise is the attraction that doesn't fit at all in either land, except maybe in Adventureland, but they already have an attraction like that, the Jungle Cruise.

Leave a comment:

• kevdo
    replied

Maybe I missed it in the scan of this thread, but Baxter's designs for Discovery Bay look to have been used almost exactly in Disneyland Paris' Discoveryland...

Leave a comment:

• Aladdin
    replied

Here's my 2 cents again about a land to bridge the toony Fantasyland and the sci-fi Tomorrowland:

A Land Full of Mythological Creatures:

This would immediately incorporate

1) Matterhorn ~ with the Mythological Creature called Abominable

2) KingTriton fountain and Ariel meet and greet ~ Mythological Mermaids

It could also have incorporated

3) Sub ride themed to the Mythological Altlantis, Mythological Sea Serpant

then add

4) A Pegasus suspended indoor ride-thru themed to Hercules
    and Mount Promethius and mythological gods

5) Add a Little mermaid Dark Ride.

6) Make a home for a realistic (mythological) Dragon

7) Add other creatures/attractions around Unicorns, leprechans,

Mythology would bridge Fantasy and Sci Fi perfectly

Leave a comment:

• Spalding
    replied

It'd be pretty easy to make Nemo/Matterhorn a land. Critter country is a land and it doesnt haven many attraction. Maybe add an attraction that is themed to have a group to shrink and travel inside a human body? Or is there something similar to that in Florida? I think this is a good idea.. but at the same time, the matterhorn fits so well in Fantasyland. Either way, I hope WDI does something more with this area.

Leave a comment:

• aerinpegadrak
    replied

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    aquatic theme? DisneySea? They have Ariel's Playground, which could work plus a Little Mermaid dark ride might work, the monorail track would have to be shortened to one loop around the Matterhorn to build up though.
    Plus you've already got Nemo there. (Or will have, anyway.) There's already a pretty strong basis for a water-themed land. (I'm not familiar enough with DisneySea to make any sort of accurate comparison.)

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

aquatic theme? DisneySea? They have Ariel's Playground, which could work plus a Little Mermaid dark ride might work, the monorail track would have to be shortened to one loop around the Matterhorn to build up though.

Leave a comment:

• aerinpegadrak
    replied

I'm all for that area getting its own little land. However, I think that Matterhorn works perfectly well with the European look of Fantasyland, so I wouldn't want to mess with it. Someone proposed an aquatic theme for this area, and I'd be all for it. Put a Little Mermaid ride in part of the MBC and bring back something like Chicken of the Sea. For this to really work on its own as a land, it would have to have at least a shop and a restaurant as well as just rides.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

Uhmm somebody is going off on a tangent.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X