Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

The Unofficial Rules of Disneyland

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Unofficial Rules of Disneyland

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
    Please tell your kids not to bump me repeatedly from behind in queues. And for the love of God, don't do it yourself.
    Alternately, If someone bumps you from behind, most times all that is required is a simple excuse me from the bumpee, then the bumper will realize that he is bumping (most times). There is no need to yell at this person, unless you would like to appear more moronic than the bumper.

most embarassing moment at Disneyland:
    I was in line for autopia with my girlfriend, talking to her and not noticing anything else.
    This woman in front of me whips around and informs me at the top of her lungs so the whole queue can hear,
    "Will you PLEASE stop touching my ***!"

I say, "Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to..."

She points to my girlfriend, "Well, I didn't think so with THAT around."

it was the first and only time I wanted to leave Disneyland, I was so embarassed. If someone is doing something that bothers you, and doesn't seem to notice it, its ok to let them know, IN A POLITE WAY. don't let them continue if its just going to make you steam until you explode in anger, people in line won't notice someone bumping you, but they will notice a screaming nutcase.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadako
      I understand you have opinions; but can you please express them without talking about commiting violence against children; especially young girls. It's very disturbing and I've noticed you've been saying this in various threads. I truly respect your opinions, but there has to be a way to speak of them without mentioning your need for violence. Thank you,
      Thank you for your post, Sadako, and I wish to make clear that I do not wish violence upon anyone (I tend to be a pacifist, in fact... difficult at times due to living in a nation where "he needed killin'" seems to be a well-accepted sentiment among the masses). I'm sure it appears otherwise due to the limitations of the text medium to convey emotion and tone accurately (particularly sarcasm), but rest assured that that is neither my personality nor my modus operandi.

Respectfully,
      Flint
      "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
      -
      "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
      -
      "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
      -
      Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Comment

Wow, this thread got mean in a hurry.

yikes, did it ever!

This reminds me another post, could have been on another forum, but a CM made a comment about how guests get on his nerves and whooeee did people freak out over that one!!

We got plenty of "looks" as we pushed her down Main St., and especially as we entered the alternate access lines for the rides. Sure, she LOOKED fine, but unless you knew that she had had the surgery, you couldn't tell (no cast at that time).
        Thanks for posting this. Last time I was at Disney I was a bit surprised with the seemingly able-bodied people riding around in electric chairs. I was thinking, "what is up with these people!", when all along it was MY problem.:blush:

Comment

Originally posted by TinkPink
          I completely agree, I don't understand it either. Like you said, that is what breasts are FOR. I can't fathom how a person can see a mother breast feeding and think it a vulgar or disgusting act. Breasts are not offensive, especially when they are being used to do the best possible thing a mother can do for her baby. That kind of attitude from people just sickens me.
          This is one of my favorite BF quotes:

"I make milk. What's your superpower?" :thumbup:

I highly doubt most BFing moms whip out their breasts to feed their babies as some kind of exhibitionist display. I personally never BF'd in public because Pixie Kid got way too distracted and would take "me'" with him as he turned to see what was going on. :lol: However, if I would have needed to back then, I'd hate to have to try to make it all the way from Toontown to the Baby Center with a screaming baby when I could have just fed him on a bench in Toon Park. Of course, I guess I could hand out blankets so people could cover their heads so they don't have to see. :razz:

Darn it, I didn't bite my tongue.
          <o>

Comment

Originally posted by pixie chick
            I personally never BF'd in public because Pixie Kid got way too distracted and would take "me'" with him as he turned to see what was going on. :lol:
            I cannot believe how vividly that memory came back to me when I read your post. OUCHY!!!

I breastfed both of my babies at DL, but in the Carnation Baby Center. Is is still called that? It's been about 6 years since I was a walking snack bar.

I remember one particularly frantic sprint across the park to get there. It was my first baby, in full meltdown -- wanted service right that instant. Sheesh, I remember she was screaming like I had been starving her! I had never been around babies, so I think I was a little bit of a nervous first-time mommy. I didn't like her to cry even for a minute.

My DH got really uncomfortable if I had to nurse in public. Even though I always used a light receiving blanket, he didn't like it. He did not want people staring or eye-rolling at us. I must admit that it was more comfortable and relaxing in the baby center, nice to be out of the heat.

Comment

NO IMPROPER USAGE OF THEME PARK TERMINOLOGY

Splash Mountain - Not the log ride
              Haunted Mansion - Not the haunted house
              Fantasyland - Not fairy land (yep, I heard someone say that)
              Autopia - Not the cars
              Disney's California Adventure (DCA) - Not California World (yep, I heard someone say that too!)
              Audio Animatronics - Not robots

I could go on and on and on, but I'll stop now......

People are idiots. Research DL and learn the proper terminology - you'll enjoy the park much more - otherwise, you have no business coming.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590
                NO IMPROPER USAGE OF THEME PARK TERMINOLOGY

Splash Mountain - Not the log ride
                Haunted Mansion - Not the haunted house
                Fantasyland - Not fairy land (yep, I heard someone say that)
                Autopia - Not the cars
                Disney's California Adventure (DCA) - Not California World (yep, I heard someone say that too!)
                Audio Animatronics - Not robots

I could go on and on and on, but I'll stop now......

People are idiots. Research DL and learn the proper terminology - you'll enjoy the park much more - otherwise, you have no business coming.
                Did you really say that people who call Autopia "Cars" shouldn't go to DL??
                Jeff made me famous!
                From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Comment

Wow that seems kind of harsh! Not everyone is into DL research and I bet they still have fun at the parks, even if they do call Slash Mt. "the log ride."
                  Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey
                    I understand where you are coming from. And I'm sure that there are folks that will try to "beat the system" by renting a chair. Please let me share our experiences with a wheelchair rental.

Due to my wife having re-constructive surgery on her foot (7 hour surgery with 6 weeks of FULL bed-rest), we had to rent a chair for her on our trip to the Park. This was about 6 months after her surgery, which was about half-way through her PT. She could stand briefly and walk short distances, but a full day at the Park would have been detrimental to her foot.

Some might say to not go to the Park in the first place, but it was summer break for the kids and it was a planned in advance trip that she really was looking forward to. It was great for her mental well being as well. The doctor had also approved of the trip, but of course with limitations.

We got plenty of "looks" as we pushed her down Main St., and especially as we entered the alternate access lines for the rides. Sure, she LOOKED fine, but unless you knew that she had had the surgery, you couldn't tell (no cast at that time). We actually heard comments from folks that were accusing us of trying to beat the lines by using a wheelchair!

It got to the point of barely being able to take. She felt terrible. We all did.

I felt like we needed to put a sign on her stating she had recently had surgery and couldn't stand for more than a few minutes.

Anyway...I guess that I am trying to remind folks of the old adage, "please don't judge a book by its cover".

Thanks!
                    Very true. My most recent trip to Disneyland to play, I was in the middle of some severe knee issues, and had to keep my leg as close to straight as I could manage. The idea of hobbling around the park all day was pretty unbearable, so we rented me a wheelchair. I didn't really pay attention to the reactions of people (well, except the CMs I knew, who responded unanimously with "What did you do??") but I'm sure I got some strange looks. Not everyone who needs special assistance at the park has a visible disability, that's why we have the Guest Assistance Cards.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett240
                      Did you really say that people who call Autopia "Cars" shouldn't go to DL??
                      I realize that characters from the movie "Cars" will probably take over Autopia one day; however, most people do not know this - so they are still using improper terminology.

Comment

I realize that characters from the movie "Cars" will probably take over Autopia one day; however, most people do not know this - so they are still using improper terminology.
                        So, is it ok to just say "Pirates" or must we use "Pirates of the Caribbean"?
                        If we say "The canoes" and not "Dave Crockett's Explorer Canoes", should we just stay home and not cause people who use the correct names any trouble?

I didn't know people had to take a test and show that they know correct terminology before being allowed into the park.

Hey..maybe that's a great idea. That will keep out the people who don't respect Disney enough. Great idea, Princess!
                        Jeff made me famous!
                        From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry
                          .I suggest that the post-er here do some readin' up on all the reasons why obese people are the way they are.

And treat others as you'd want to be treated.

A very simple, if not always easy, unofficial rule of Disneyland.

--Barry
                          Good.for.you.Barry!!!! :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by pixie chick
                            , Of course, I guess I could hand out blankets so people could cover their heads so they don't have to see. :razz:

:lol:

Comment

DisneyPrincess4590, you seem like the kind of Guest that terrifies CMs the most. 0_o

Who cares if someone refers to Autopia as "cars"? It's a ride. Chill.

Comment

Working...
                              X