Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Over this weekend the MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

The Unofficial Rules of Disneyland

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Unofficial Rules of Disneyland

Oh, thought of another one.

Do NOT playfully splash your friend on Pirates of the Caribbean. Chances are, that "splash" will not end up on your friend.

Comment

If the CM's are improvising and joking around with you in line or on an attraction has a guest...Smile, interact and joke with them too!!!! Don't just stand there staring at them blankly like they're from another planet!! They are trying to make the experience happy and joyful for you!!! Make it happy and joyful for them too!! You're at Disneyland to have FUN! I love to interact and joke and be a part of the magic with the CM's that go out of their way to entertain me!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Please tell your kids not to bump me repeatedly from behind in queues. And for the love of God, don't do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
          Nobody is impressed that you know the speil to the haunted mansion. So stop reciting it as loud as you can.
          Please, it just ruins it for everyone else.
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
            Please tell your kids not to bump me repeatedly from behind in queues. And for the love of God, don't do it yourself.
            There is a good way to stop that but it breaks the rule proposed by TheGreatEscapist!)
            "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

Comment

If I had a dollar for every time that happened to me in the park, I'd be rich.

If you have a stroller, please do not roll over my feet. If you do happen to accidentally, a simple apology would be nice, instead of just looking at me and not saying anything.

Please do not cut in line and seperate me from the rest of my party, so I eventually have to find my way behind you and relinquish my earned spot.

Please do not stick your gum anywhere other than a trash can. No one enjoys holding onto a hand-rail in line to discover your wet gum attached to it underneath.

Comment

Man I hate that too! Definetly have to agree about giving people their personal space. I don't touch strangers and I definetly don't like strangers touching me. Especially with this heat and they're all sticky and sweaty. :yuck: Another one is to turn of those ridiculous little light-up necklaces in any dark rides. Especially in HM. Watch your kids... Don't litter in the park. I get irritated seeing water and coke bottles on the floor on Main Street after the fireworks crowds have cleared. And last one I can think of is don't be rude to others and prop your kid up on your shoulders when the fireworks, fantasmic, or the parades are about to start. There are other people behind you trying to see too.
                http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict
                  If you have a stroller, please do not roll over my feet. If you do happen to accidentally, a simple apology would be nice, instead of just looking at me and not saying anything.

Please do not cut in line and seperate me from the rest of my party, so I eventually have to find my way behind you and relinquish my earned spot.
                  Don't you hate that look from stroller pushing offenders?! I do. It's like it's my fault they hit me with their dang humungo-stroller.

Also...the line cutting, I had to deal with that in a somewhat similiar way. First day that Pirates reopened. The line just split into two. This girl ran up to get in front of me but the thing is...her family of four were behind me! I was all by myself...why couldn't she have just waited and let me go through? No instead, her family cut in front of me. Rude in my opinion.

Comment

I have 2.

*If you are in line for a ride and there is a water fountain in the queue (Pirates and Indiana) and the person infront of you stops to get a quick drink DOES NOT mean you can walk by them like they were never there wait the 5 seconds so the person can get a drink the ride will go nowhere!

*When there is a person in a wheelchair in one of the queue lines (Most of the new attraction are wheelchair acssesble) dont not get cranky because they move too slow or if the wheelchair is in back of you DONT BACK UP! *It HURTS!*
                    What would I do to see you smiling at me? where would we walk where would we run? If we could stay all day in the sun?!

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus
                      It's 'queue' no 'que'
                      Exkuse me. That's what email has done to this country.
                      I know the correct spelling but to lazy to correkt it.
                      Gawrsh !!

Comment

If your kid is doing something inappropriate and harassing another guest, stop them before the guest has to. I was at the park in a wheelchair waiting for Turtle Talk, and this little kid started kicking at the footrest. Repeatedly. So I kicked at him. His mom looked at me like I was possessed. It was kind of satisfying, actually. (Don't worry, I wasn't actually aiming for the kid. It was a "shoo" kind of thing. But I can guarantee the kid won't do that again.)

Also, if you're on the Jungle Cruise, don't loudly exclaim "Oo, look at that!" and point out every single animal to your kids. That's sort of what the skippers are doing.

If your kid starts freaking out in the middle of a show, for the love of $DEITY, take them outside, and do it through the doors that the CM indicates at the beginning of the show. There's a reason that you can't go out the same doors you came in.

Arguing with the crowd control CMs to try and fight one-way traffic will only waste more of your time. It takes about three minutes to walk all the way around the hub. Seriously. By the time you've given up on getting past the row of people with flashlights whose only job is to keep you from going the wrong way, you could already have been wherever it was that you were trying to go.

The middle of a parade is not the time to window shop. If you're going to go into a shop, go. Stopping and waiting for an opening in traffic is only making things much, much worse.

If there's an open spot along the parade route or around Fantasmic, no one's allowed to sit there. If that was available seating, there would already be people there.

I think my number one rule is: do some research before you go, so that you're informed. If I did it as a twelve-year-old with a basic grasp of search engine logic, you can do it too.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

Originally posted by aerinpegadrak

It takes about three minutes to walk all the way around the hub. Seriously.
                          Not when it's before the fireworks. More like 10-15 minutes. People walk extrememly slooooowwwwww in these one-way walkways. It was about 9:10PM one night when my friend and I were leaving Tomorrowland trying to get in front of Hub before the fireworks started. We had to go all around the Hub area, front of the castle, then in front of the entrance to Frontierland sslllloooowwwwllllyyyyy before we could run to the front area of the Hub near the popcorn cart just in time at 9:25PM for the fireworks.

Comment

Do not ask CM's for VMK codes.
                            Growing older is manditory
                            Growing up is however, optional

Comment

1. For the love of God - no flash pictures PLEASE!!!
                              Just got back from checking out the new Pirates... you'd think it was
                              the red carpet at the Academy Awards... musta been 4 flash cameras
                              per boat.

2. Manage your children
                              Yeah, it's the happiest place on earth, but that doesn't mean you
                              have carte blanche to let your kids run haywire without supervision,
                              at least outside of Tom Sawyer's Island.

Or if you don't want to personally supervise them, at least teach
                              them some basic manners.

3. All of the previously mentioned traffic flow rules

4. You don't need to come to the park and 'represent'
                              (for the tough guys)
                              Leave the tough guy attitudes back in the 'hood please.
                              Disneyland is like taking a shower in happiness... bringing that type
                              of negativity into the park is like dumping your septic tank in a
                              national forest.
                              Trisha Jones: When are men going to learn that women want romance not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?
                              Brodie Bruce: Be fair, alright.... EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
                              Mallrats(1995)

Comment

Originally posted by billwun

4. You don't need to come to the park and 'represent'
                                (for the tough guys)
                                Leave the tough guy attitudes back in the 'hood please.
                                Disneyland is like taking a shower in happiness... bringing that type
                                of negativity into the park is like dumping your septic tank in a
                                national forest.
                                Man is that a big one or what. When I was there last week I saw plenty of it. Some guy even had his shirt off (granted it was 98 degrees) but do you really think your gonna get away with that in Disneyland of all places. A castmeber ran up to him and told him to put it back on.
                                Also don't do anything unreasonable like climb on the rocks of tommorowland to watch the parade. Come on are people that stupid, do they really think there gonna get away with it. I saw 3 seperate people do it and one guy trampled some plants and flowers on his way to get to the rocks. Of course all 3 were asked to get down by castmembers
                                :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                                  Nobody is impressed that you know the speil to the haunted mansion. So stop reciting it as loud as you can.

DING DING DING!!!!! WINNA WINNA- CHICKEN DINNER!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ghoofie
                                    Don't push on people in line in front of you as they casually walk through the que enjoying all that the que is. It won't get you on the ride any faster. Stop and smell the roses !! Or stop and LOOK at the que stuff.

Sorry...i had to do that, I like this rule the bestest

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus
                                      It's 'queue' no 'que'
                                      Good to know.

By the way, It's 'not' instead of 'no' in your example.

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie
                                        Do not ask CM's for VMK codes.
                                        wait... what if i go to magic store, and buy an item... and dont get a card.. you can ask then... it is best to not attempt to beg.. unless you know how and got a good way....

Comment

Originally posted by aerinpegadrak
                                          If your kid is doing something inappropriate and harassing another guest, stop them before the guest has to. I was at the park in a wheelchair waiting for Turtle Talk, and this little kid started kicking at the footrest. Repeatedly. So I kicked at him. His mom looked at me like I was possessed. It was kind of satisfying, actually. (Don't worry, I wasn't actually aiming for the kid. It was a "shoo" kind of thing. But I can guarantee the kid won't do that again.)

Also, if you're on the Jungle Cruise, don't loudly exclaim "Oo, look at that!" and point out every single animal to your kids. That's sort of what the skippers are doing.
                                          Oh my god that drives me NUTS! The rest of the boat does NOT wanna hear you say "Oooh look at that elephant Mikey, look! There's an elephant! Do you see the elephants? There's another elephant! Look at the monkeys! There's the monkeys! Say "Hi monkeys!"... say "Hi monkeys!", Mikey, look at the monkeys...!" You can see how this gets annoying really quick, and lets face it, the kid's obviously not listening to you, or you're not fully engaged in what they're finding interesting.
                                          I think my number one rule is: do some research before you go, so that you're informed. If I did it as a twelve-year-old with a basic grasp of search engine logic, you can do it too.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Working...
                                          X