Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

The Unofficial Rules of Disneyland

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Unofficial Rules of Disneyland

Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT, push me out of the way when I'm the first in line, just so you can make a beeline for the golden horse on the carousel. I waited PATIENTLY for the next round so that I could have my pick of horses, and even then, I didn't plan on running to the horse that I wanted (which was also the golden one). Worse, you didn't even apologize, just loudly announced "I got what I wanted!" You're old enough to know better, looked to be at least 18.

Happened to me on my last trip, and I was ticked. The CMs looked at me in sympathy, when I threw up my hands and said loudly, "PLEASE don't push me!"

Stupid, pushy jerks.

Comment

Originally posted by writerevie
      Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT, push me out of the way when I'm the first in line, just so you can make a beeline for the golden horse on the carousel. I waited PATIENTLY for the next round so that I could have my pick of horses, and even then, I didn't plan on running to the horse that I wanted (which was also the golden one). Worse, you didn't even apologize, just loudly announced "I got what I wanted!" You're old enough to know better, looked to be at least 18.

Happened to me on my last trip, and I was ticked. The CMs looked at me in sympathy, when I threw up my hands and said loudly, "PLEASE don't push me!"

Stupid, pushy jerks.
      Sorry, dude/dudette. But I feel that my hindquarters deserve only the finest in precious metals to rest on, like gold or, preferably, rhodium. And I'm actually 64 (but a sprightly 64!). I have that Ralph Macchio disease. If you feel I was a jerk, blame that guy I saw in the Opera House movie.
      Magic Journeys...

Comment

Please do not SCREAM AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS ON PIRATES, HM or any other dark ride when there is nothing scarry to be screaming at

Please do not BREAST FEED in ride lines - infact do this in private and not at DLR in the first place - or go to the family bathrooms if you must - little children do not need to see your bosom - there goes the "stork" theory

Please do not BEAT YOUR CHILD SENSELESS in public

Please do not EMAIL YOUR BUZZ PICTURE TO 100 PEOPLE when there is a huge line behind you

Please do not CUT IN FRONT OF PEOPLE (and use kneecaps and elbows to boot) WHO WERE WAITING TO SEE A PARADE long before you even left the house that day - and then pretend you don't understand English rather than defend your rudeness

Please do not ASSUME YOU ARE THE ONLY GUEST IN THE PARK and that only you should be treated like a VIP - be nice to CMs

Please do not ATTEMPT TO CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES in the locker room on main street - when I see more flesh than your doctor did during your last visit, there is a problem - again, don't pretend to not understand English rather than defend your ignorance of common sense public ordinance

Comment

Originally posted by MSEPLightningBug
          Please do not BREAST FEED in ride lines - infact do this in private and not at DLR in the first place - or go to the family bathrooms if you must...
          And I would like it very much if you also did not eat or drink while waiting in line. In fact take your food and go eat in private, maybe in the bathrooms, so the rest of us do not have to see you eating. Better yet, don't eat in the park at all.

Originally posted by MSEPLightningBug
          ...little children do not need to see your bosom - there goes the "stork" theory
          Little children do not care if they see a mother's bosom; only prudes like you worry about such things. Grow up.

Comment

Moderator Note: Whoa guys, we are delving into topics that are bound to get heated.
            Please refrain from personal attacks. Attack the post, not the poster!
            �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus
              Thanks

Mine was a typo (too light a tough).. the 'que' was used multiple times
              buhahah... I suck. I couldn't even spell 'touch' right after being corrected.

I knew some day.. many years later.. that only one HS class' worth of typing would catch up to me. Today.. is that day!

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus
                buhahah... I suck. I couldn't even spell 'touch' right after being corrected.

I knew some day.. many years later.. that only one HS class' worth of typing would catch up to me. Today.. is that day!
                LOL you aint the lone ranger..my not showing up for ANY typing except the first and last days are certainly biting me in the butt in this typing tech world!

Comment

Originally posted by h_lehmann
                  And I would like it very much if you also did not eat or drink while waiting in line. In fact take your food and go eat in private, maybe in the bathrooms, so the rest of us do not have to see you eating. Better yet, don't eat in the park at all.

Little children do not care if they see a mother's bosom; only prudes like you worry about such things. Grow up.
                  Now, that is uncalled for. For one thing, if the child is small enough that it's being breast-fed, it need not be st the park. Get a sitter and let the baby have a little peace instead of sensory overload.

It's not necesarily about prudishness, but about a bit of decorum and respect for others. Just because you may not feel the same way, doesn't mean one must be subjected to your values...
                  My mind won't rest
                  and I don't sleep
                  Not even in my dreams...
                  -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                  written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                  1985-2005

Comment

Originally posted by sorceress1986
                    ...It's not necesarily about prudishness, but about a bit of decorum and respect for others. Just because you may not feel the same way, doesn't mean one must be subjected to your values...
                    Irony Alert!

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

**off topic**

so if it's ok to bare ones breasts to all while breast feeding,...then wouldn't it be ok for women to just go topless in the park....and why would flashing people on splash mountain be so objectional...I mean ther really is no difference....well....one, but I won't go into details on that one...

breast feeding in general does not bother me...as long as it is done tastefully.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe
                        **off topic**

so if it's ok to bare ones breasts to all while breast feeding,...then wouldn't it be ok for women to just go topless in the park....and why would flashing people on splash mountain be so objectional...I mean ther really is no difference....well....one, but I won't go into details on that one...

breast feeding in general does not bother me...as long as it is done tastefully.
                        I agree! Where do I sign the petition to make Disneyland all topless???

Comment

Just be your self and let the child come out id say is the number one rule

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto
                            Add my signature to that too!

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo
                              Irony Alert!
                              Yes, I did notice that when I wrote it, but I wanted to give a quick answer.

While I believe small children should not be subjected to the inconvenience, discomfort, and sensory overload of a Disney park just to please the parents (not even to make it easier) I will not scream and rant at every parent I see with a small newborn or infant at the park.

It's mainly the idea of nudity propriety that I that made that statement in accordance to because a lot of people think that if you don't like nudity in certain public places, then you are a prude. It is not such a slippery slope, just as parents who I feel are careless in taken children too young to Disneyland, I do not find them to always be terrible parents.
                              My mind won't rest
                              and I don't sleep
                              Not even in my dreams...
                              -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                              written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                              1985-2005

Comment

Speeding and weaving out of the orange cones in the parking structure just to get one car in front of where you were does not mean you'll get a better space. Stay in line, because even if you do the evil mentioned above your walk is maybe 2 feet less than it would've been before. Not worth getting in a car accident for.

Comment

:yea:
                                  Mike

Comment

( WARNING -YOU MAY WISH TO SCROLL PAST UPCOMING PHOTO, TO AVOID SERIOUS DAMAGE TO IMAGINATION AND PSYCHE)

You might want to add a few provisos to that petition...or else be careful what you wish for...

Don't say I didn't warn you.

--Barry

(Future MiceChat hunk hopeful-work in progress!!)
                                    Last edited by Radiobarry; 07-27-2006, 06:04 AM.
                                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Fanniepacks kill.

Comment

Everytime there is a thread like this, I am amazed at the judgmental, holier than thou attitudes and how people think everyone should feel and live the same way they do. There is a difference when youa re talking about rules that should be in place for safety but people can decide on their own if they need to feed their baby or if they want to bring their kids to Disneyland. Live and let live people. And remember, you are at freaking DISNEYLAND. Smile.
                                        �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

• Re: The Unofficial Rules of Disneyland

Know where you are, what it is about!

I am constantly amazed at the children and adults alike who have no idea of the stories on which the Fantasyland rides are based.

It is not Cinderellas Castle!

HAVE FUN...smile!! Let your children do some of the choosing, leading for the day. You are at the Happiest Place on Earth...help everyone else feel that way too.

Let a CM (and City Hall) know how much you appreciate their effort!!
                                          Sharon
                                          Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

Comment

Working...
                                          X