Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Iger approves MAJOR overhaul of DCA, hundreds of millions slated for project

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Iger approves MAJOR overhaul of DCA, hundreds of millions slated for project

Jim Hill reported in his column today (July 25th) the following....

The good news is ... Bob Iger has reportedly signed off on a rescue plan for Disney's California Adventure.

According to those who are familiar with this theme park revival project, Disney's new CEO has agreed (in principle) to spend hundreds of million of dollars over the next decade in order to turn DCA into a worthy companion for Disneyland. As one Disney insider who was privvy to these plans recently told me:
    "The scope & scale of the DCA revival plan is unprecedented. We're talking about complete redos of certain sections of this theme park. In 10 years time, you won't even be able to recognize the place."

Guess Bob Iger is standing behind his comments at the last Stockholder's meeting....

We're still working to assure the second gate is successful, in the spirit of candor, we have been challenged.

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Bob Iger approves MAJOR overhaul of DCA, hundreds of millions slated for project

Good to hear!

Comment

Re: Bob Iger approves MAJOR overhaul of DCA, hundreds of millions slated for project

Great news!

Comment

When will it all start? I hope none of the good rides go down in August for refurbs. I atleast hope that ToT, Monsters Inc, Muppet Vision, Soarin, & Screamin are opened when I go in August. The Disneyland website does not have anything listed yet.

Comment

Thank goodness.

Comment

Wow! Really needed that!

It's been a tough day...

Comment

Is this different from the "Placemaking" Al has reported WON'T be happening after all? I thought Jim Hill wasn't the most credible of sources.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
              Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
              Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

If this is a 10 year project and plan, expect things to be done in phases, and without downtime to all the attractions at once. It's also possible with management changes, that things may be revised and replanned, or for budgets or deadlines to go over. Those things happen. I don't think that this announcement has anything to do with the August refurbs, as mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler
                  When will it all start? I hope none of the good rides go down in August for refurbs. I atleast hope that ToT, Monsters Inc, Muppet Vision, Soarin, & Screamin are opened when I go in August. The Disneyland website does not have anything listed yet.
                  Mr Iger will call you later to confirm exactly which rides you don't want refurbished or closed for good.

I think all of those rides will be open for you, barring major disasters.

Wow, hundreds of millions of dollars! Just like what should have been spent in the first place. I don't think moving the hotel will occur, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler
                    i heard screamin is going down in September for about 6 months.. and that comlplete area is going thru refurb at this time.. (I work in this area) so this is the rumors going around

Friends for life

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that horrible burnt coffee smell at the entrance?

Last time I was there, I wanted to pass out because of it. This should be one of the things that management should fix first.

Comment

I was confused for a second, which article on Jim Hill was being quoted. For your convenience, it's the article on Re-imagining Walt Disney Imagineering.

Comment

The article mainly speaks about upcoming changes to WDI, and confirms what MiceAge articles have already reported, of many imagineers being laid off and the work being outsourced on a project-by-project basis, with only a skeleton crew of project managers left on board.

I don't want to derail this thread any further, though, so I'll probably bring this up in another thread.
                          Last edited by RenMan; 07-25-2006, 12:09 PM.

Comment

JIM HILL! To the community outpost with this thread!

Comment

Thanks for answering my question y'all !!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X