X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Resort Officially Proclaimed "Storm Ready" by NOAA

From this official announcement:

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2006/s2671.htm

Quote: In a ceremony at Disneyland on July 24, resort officials were presented with a formal recognition letter and StormReady signs. The StormReady recognition will remain in effect for three years before the resort conducts a renewal process.

Re: Disneyland Resort Officially Proclaimed "Storm Ready" by NOAA

Does Anaheim get a lot of storms? Seems like WDW would be the resort needing to be StormReady.
    Infinity and Beyond:
    The technology of today is changing the media of tomorrow.
    http://www.infinityandbeyond.tabert.com/

Comment

Those California Hurricanes and Tornadoes are the worst in the country.
      There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
      -Dr. Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Wren
        Those California Hurricanes and Tornadoes are the worst in the country.
        Disneyland has basements...the only basements in So Cal...Maybe they deserve it.
        I LUV DIZNEELAN. YAY

Comment

Originally posted by jurgenb52
          Does Anaheim get a lot of storms? Seems like WDW would be the resort needing to be StormReady.
          Sure they do! Just wait until all the local channels - 2, 4, 5, 7, 11, and 13, all proclaim "STORM WATCH 2006" once the first 5 or so drops hit the ground...

Comment

The drizzle here can get NASTY!

Comment

JuneGloom is just a media name..... just a media name......just a me.............
              sigpicDisney Road

Comment

phew. Load off my mind.

Now, even with the world ending like Al Gore said, Disneyland will be safe.
                St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Does this mean they've finally come to terms with the fact that they have a large "Storm" following, and there will be official "Storm Days"?

As you can see from my avatar, I'm adopting this readiness in my everyday life.

Loomis is now officially Storm Ready. However, I am concerned:

The StormReady recognition will remain in effect for three years before the resort conducts a renewal process.
                  What if they decide they aren't StormReady then? Will the whole operation just fall apart at the first signs of thunder? This is madness, I tell you, MADNESS!!!
                  I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X