This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Going to DL This Weekend?

The weather looks promising: low 80s on Saturday and Sunday. I'm flying out tomorrow morning. Also got a great deal on Hyatt Regency OC on Priceline ($77; a steal for a peak-season weekend). Woo hoo!
    An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
    www.TheTikiTerrace.com

Re: Who's Going to DL This Weekend?

Puggy,

Well done buddy. Is priceline like hotwire where you don't know where you will be staying until you pay?

Comment

Re: Who's Going to DL This Weekend?

Originally posted by Max Fischer
      Puggy,

Well done buddy. Is priceline like hotwire where you don't know where you will be staying until you pay?
      Priceline has both "regular" deals and the "takes yer chances" blind bidding. However, if you select a three-star or above you'll almost always get the Hyatt Regency. I've heard reports of $45-$50 deals, but I didn't have any luck (even for a 2-star). I upped my bid to $60 and then they came back with a counter offer of $77. Considering that the current weekend rate is $149-$199, I was thrilled.

Downside is expensive (for OC) parking at $14/day and the fact that it's too far to walk to DL. However, the shuttle is direct and comes every 30 minutes (and only takes 5 minutes or so).

But there are a lot of restaurants in the immediate area, including some of Orange County's best ethnic spots (Vietnamese, Korean, Thai, and more). And, of course, lots of yucky corporate chains that masquerade as good food.
      An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
      www.TheTikiTerrace.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X