This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting parade and fireworks strategy

My vacation to Disneyland is 85 days away. I have been gatheing information on Disneyland for quite some time. With Disneyland expecting record crowds for the event, I am requesting some inside information on the following:

Good places to stand to watch the parade, and how much time before a parade do people stake out their favorite spots.

Fireworks are overhead, so there are probably many good vantage spots. I would be interested to know anyone's favorite spot to view the fireworks from.

I know we will be visiting during a very crowded time, so we do want to be prepared. We are two moms and 4 children ages 6, 11, 12, and 14. I am sure the new parade and the new fireworks are going to be wonderful. We are all very excited to see both the afternoon and evening showings. We even have priority seating for a parade included in our travel package.

I have read numerous posts on Fantasmic specifically. I am asking for advice for the parade at Disneyland Park, that will be shown twice daily, and of course the new fireworks. Would not want to miss seeing Tinkerbell, by not standing in the right place. We will be there for 7 days, so we will be able to catch the parade more than once, which would be nice. We will also be viewing the parade at DCA. My question is directed at the new parade at Disneyland Park. Maybe, I should have waited to post this question after May 5th.

Thanks for any, and all comments.
    BarbaraAnn

Originally posted by Barbaraann
    Good places to stand to watch the parade, and how much time before a parade do people stake out their favorite spots.
    Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

The talk in the fireworks thread is that the best viewing will be in the hub. I bet there will be people who will camp all day.

Comment

After I began to type the question, I thought that perhaps I should have waited until after May 5th to ask. Sorry if I have jumped the gun. May 5th is only 2 weeks away, so I anxiously await feedback from those lucky people who will be able to then report on the new parade and the new fireworks. People at MiceChat are very helpful and knowledgeable. I look forward to the many comments I know will appear after the May 5th date. Thanks again.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Hi there. I can try to answer this to the best of my ability.

The parade will have 3 show stops: Small World (which stretches from the Prince/Princess bathrooms all the way back to the Small World Parade gate), Hub (which will be from Coke Corner back down to Alice/Teacups), and Town Square (which will be from Walt Disney Story: 50 Magical Years, around Town Square, and down the stretch of Main Street ending between Coke Corner and Crystal Arcade). This is the FIRST parade coming down. Second parade will be around the same places going up. So there are spots that you can sit on the parade route where you can catch two show stops.

As for fireworks, definitely on Main Street, or if you want to be SURROUNDED by fireworks, which is actually a little frightening at first, then you want to be in the hub, to the RIGHT of the Partners Statue, if you're facing the Castle. That way, you can see the castle, Tink, the Fantasyland fireworks/effects, the Matterhorn fireworks, and be surrounded by the Hub fireworks.

Comment

Thank you for being specific in your reply. It is very helpful to know exactly what you mean. This is our first trip to Disneyland, and of course, we don't want to miss anything.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

For the parade, we like to be on main street, generally in the Coke corner area, right on the curb. We take our cue from the very first people sitting down for the parade.
              If you really want the best vantage of the parade, the curb is where you want to be, And you do have to be early.
              There are benches in the hub area, and the plaza Inn terrace looks like it would be good, but they are not. People will file in at the last minute, and take all of your viewing space. When the kids were very young, we took turns getting up and taking them here and there, getting them snacks etc. for the duration of the wait. It does become a challenge to hold enough space for all of you, as more people search for space. So at some point, you all need to be seated. It is so worth it to do this!

Fireworks.

The benches in the hub are good, again, these will be gone early.
              People will just be crammed everywhere, from the hub, all the way back down Main street. If you don't mind standing for the show, you can just press your way through people, and cram in also. If you stake out a bench, make sure its not too obstructed with trees. Some benches are better than others. You want an unobstructed view of the castle. Be aware that if you choose to sit on the curb or ground for fireworks, you will be standing to watch the show. people will be jamming in everywhere.

We do it right, at least once during our trip, and never regret it.
              People watching during this time, is wonderful, and they do pre shows for the parades, that are great. We will be in the park 18-22, maybe we can meet for a few minutes!
              Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Thanks again Travelmom for the great tips. These are the kinds of responses and tips, that you don't usually get from the guidebooks. Would love to meet up for a few minutes during our trip. Maybe when we get closer to our upcoming trip we can contact each other to set up place and time.

So for me the uneducated, how do we go about doing that exactly. I feel so foolish even asking that question, but my dad always said, "if you don't open your mouth, and ask the question, you may never know the answer.

Thanks again for the tips on the parade and fireworks question.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

We will coordinate a time and place, and maybe make a little sign with our names, or pick a certain color to wear, so we can meet up.
                  Nothing fancy, just a quick hello, and touch base. I think it would be nice.
                  I often meet people just inside, at the train station steps.
                  Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Sounds good to me. You give good advice. It's always nice to put a face to the voice, or in this case the posts.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

For the fireworks you definitely want to be in the Hub or upper Main Street. If you're north of the Matterhorn (i.e. Small World), you'll be consistently looking back(behind) and forth(in front), as so many elements of the show are launched from near the hub.

For the parade, I definitely recommend viewing the parade at the evening (~7:45pm) performance, as the lighting effects look great in the dark. As to where you want to sit-- it depends upon which unit you want to see for the show stop. The 3 show stops overlap, meaning that no matter where you sit, you'll see a show stop. Personally I always enjoy seeing things in the middle of Main Street.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X