Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motor Boat Cruise has water again! (04/22/05)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied
    Re: Motor Boat Cruise has water again! (04/22/05)

Thanks Jerry

Leave a comment:

• DLRDCA_Jerry
    replied
    I was on the monorail on the 9th and looked like the actual pathing for the cruse is drained but the area near the canopy still had water. They had dammed up areas leading into the course and drained the water out of just there when I looked. Sorry Didnt get a pic but camera was out of film at the time.

Leave a comment:

• ModHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    I like that idea, I would think it was charming and beautiful but it would not draw any income for the park so I think it's got a snowball's chance in Mr Toad's third act of getting planted...

Though the maze could go over in the Disneyland HOTEL don't you think?

Why not build the Pirate Ship Restarant and Grotto over there too and make the DL HOTEL kind of a Yesterland Hotel with various old school Disneyland attractions going there to 'retire'.
    Yeah, I've liked the idea of a Yesterland hotel, sort of along the lines of the Pop Century resorts but a bit more upscale. The maze would be perfect for something like that.

Heck, I could even go for a whole Alice resort. But yes, I suppose going by the Disney Century concept, some "decades" would be much bigger than others.

Anyhoo... I'd like to see something boat-based over there in the old MBC. Maybe dig out a new path so that you don't retrace so much of your round-trip path. Personally, I'd like it to be considered inside the borders of Tomorrowland, or at least more transitional, but I think no matter what you could really create a mesmerizing environment to float through.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied
    Originally posted by sir clinksalot
    I say they fill it in and bring over the Alice in Wonderland maze from DLP. It will fit with the area IMO.
    I like that idea, I would think it was charming and beautiful but it would not draw any income for the park so I think it's got a snowball's chance in Mr Toad's third act of getting planted...

Though the maze could go over in the Disneyland HOTEL don't you think?

Why not build the Pirate Ship Restarant and Grotto over there too and make the DL HOTEL kind of a Yesterland Hotel with various old school Disneyland attractions going there to 'retire'.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied
    I say they fill it in and bring over the Alice in Wonderland maze from DLP. It will fit with the area IMO.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied
    So any news on the MOTOR BOAT real estate? ? ?

This is like the best kept secret at Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied
    Originally posted by fearsnda
    That's why we're confused as to why they put water back in it.
    FEARSNDA: Did you ever find out?

Perhaps since the sub lagoon is drained and being worked on, they decided just to have a clean clear motorboat lagoon to let the monorail soar over until the happiest profits on Earth come in.

I never realized they were seperated into two bodies of water before, but apparently it's obvious since the submarine water is so much more chlorinated and so much clearer.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    I say make it a queue for the submarine voyage and get some serious theme for the queue.

Leave a comment:

• Rick_A_Mortis
    replied
    Hmmmmm how about a Little Mermaid Theme? Or maybe they should just bring back the Gummi Bears overlay...Hehehehehehehehhe :devil:

Leave a comment:

• fearsnda
    replied
    Originally posted by RadioDisneyTech
    Last I had heard the Motorboard cruise is to be filled in with dirt...
    That's why we're confused as to why they put water back in it.

Leave a comment:

• jmuboy
    replied
    Maybe they wanna keep a small lagoon around the covered seating area.

Leave a comment:

• nish221
    replied
    Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer

What other Pixar movies haven't been exhausted?
    Well, let's see...

Toy Story (1&2) - Buzz Lightyear ride & Woody show(s)
    Bug's Life - 3D movie in DCA
    Nemo - Sub overlay
    Monsters, Inc - Limo redo
    Incredibles - Nothing yet
    Cars - Autopia overlay rumored

Doesn't look like exhaustion yet, but unfortunately, the two rides in DL
    are pretty close (or three if we include Cars). All in TL. Also the Pixar-cation of
    TL has been pretty rapid as well.

There's a lot of neat Pixar shorts, but Disney doesn't have rights to those.

Leave a comment:

• ModHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by jmuboy
    Maybe they are working on landscaping right now behind those curtains.
    Perhaps, but again, if the loading area was drained, why fill it with water again, rather than just landscaping IT?

Leave a comment:

• jmuboy
    replied
    Maybe they are working on landscaping right now behind those curtains.

Leave a comment:

• ModHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by BigPigletFan
    Wait. Why would they remove the beautiful water around this area right before the start of the 50th only to let it sit there for a couple of years? I can understand if they wouldn't want to have the boards up anytime soon if a new attraction would go in soon, but if it isn't until 2008 why do we not get to look at the water for years? It's sad.
    Or at least, start filling it now and putting in some inexpensive but colorful landscaping.

Leave a comment:

• BigPigletFan
    replied
    Originally posted by RadioDisneyTech
    Last I had heard the Motorboard cruise is to be filled in with dirt, it is being planned and looked at By Matt and his crew of imagineers to expand on this area at a later date,around 2008.
    Wait. Why would they remove the beautiful water around this area right before the start of the 50th only to let it sit there for a couple of years? I can understand if they wouldn't want to have the boards up anytime soon if a new attraction would go in soon, but if it isn't until 2008 why do we not get to look at the water for years? It's sad.

Leave a comment:

• ModHatter
    replied
    Maybe I'm mistaken, but isn't MBC on the Dark Water system? Because this definitely didn't look like dark water.

I doubt the original MBC is coming back, but I agree, it's too well integrated into other attractions in that quadrant to be unused, or reused as a playground. Then again, with the Chevron obligation supposedly coming to an end in a few years, it also seems foolish to put too much money into an attraction in that space just yet. (Think too of the SuperMonster Limo budget and that ride's place between two defunct park offerings.)

Just like the bubbles and waterfalls in the Sub lagoon help its water from getting funky faster, I think the Fantasia Gardens area needs SOMEthing with motion, because it was already looking littered on Friday. I think they could do something like the Snow White Grotto back there, and make a very cost-effective temporary solution to that area while they wait for 2010 to roll around.

Leave a comment:

• s8ntmark
    replied
    Originally posted by Jspider
    sometimes lands just run together

I mean look at New Orleans Square and Frontierland
    Very True, AND the parade route would make a really good border.

Leave a comment:

• felixthequick
    replied
    the cruise may come back. how expensive would 20 boats be anyway? you figure about 10 thou each. the track system is really easy also. you take the stearing mechanisms out of the boats and you put 2 rods under each boat. they have a track already set. it would be like replaceing autopia cars. you could easily find them anywhere. it seems to me that most amusement parks have some type of car track system anyways. they should just set up some type of fantasia theme there. like donald and daisy and noahs ark. I know there is not alot of exitement for this type of ride. but what other ride could 7 month to 2 year olds enjoy. this would be fun for them.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied
    Originally posted by Jspider
    well that's kinda the idea
    sometimes lands just run together

I mean look at New Orleans Square and Frontierland
    I always ask my friends when we pass the entrance to Tarzan's Treehouse

"OK what land are we in."

To their right they see the Frontierland restaurant, to the left is Pirates, and they know they just saw Tarzan's queue.

They always say "I dont' know" and I tell them they're in all 3 at once. :lol:

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X