X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Meeting With Matt

Ahem....

I MET MATT OUIMET!!!

Thank You. You may now continue with your lives.

Just Kidding. Anyway, I was walking past Club Buzz with my friend Daniel. Daniel saw him and I went chasing after him. After finally getting the courage to talk to him when he was about to cross Cosmic Waves, He happily agreed, and the Imagineer he was with took the shot. As you can see, he's wearing the 50th anniversary nametag, one of the ones we will get in about a week. I told him I was extremely appreciative of all the work he has done to restore the park back to its original glory. He was obviously flattered, and gave a lot of credit to the Imagineer that was with him (I forgot the other guy's name :confused: ). He then asked if I was excited about Space Mountain re-opening, to which a hearty positive reply was given. He then said that he had gone on it earlier this week, and it was really good. I then said thanks, and we went our separate ways. I was jittery for almost an hour.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Thats Sooooo cool! Thanks for giving him the big "thank you". I hope he knows its also from us all. Im very impressed with the job he has done with DLR.

Comment

Very cool. Thankyou for sharing.

Comment

Matt Ouimet is a rockstar! :lol:
        Last edited by Modern Folly; 04-23-2005, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Sweet

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
          ~

Comment

Matt O. rocks!

I always thought Cynthia Harriss tried hard too but she failed. Pressler and Eisner are just evil. But Harriss at least saved the Canoes..

Comment

Matt is a very down to Earth guy, and I love how he walks the park and talks to the guests just like Walt himself used to do. Matt has done an excellent job with the park, and we should all continue to thank him whenever we see him. Thank you Mr. Ouimet :bow:

Comment

And now I know what he looks like and I can keep and eye open for him! Thanks man!
                Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
                http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
                sigpic

Comment

Prety coool. Ive seen matt once.. but he was surrounded by at least 5 other suits. If possible id ask him to take a picture as well.. well done Anyways..good to knwo that Matt actually take the time to go down to the parks himself. He not a Walt Disney but at least hes what Walt wouldve wanted from his DL president.
                  We rock the party that rocks the party!
                  We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

Wow! that's so cool! If Matt was walking the park with an Imagineer... Who knows what they could have been talking about! The imagineer could have been giving suggestions to matt of what to do with Tomorrowland and such. Just a guess. I like Matt even more now that I know he walks the park and talks to guests.

Comment

Wow. Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by eyes_of_mara
                        He then asked if I was excited about Space Mountain re-opening, to which a hearty positive reply was given. He then said that he had gone on it earlier this week, and it was really good.
                        Ya should have asked him to take you on it!
                        Do you like catching up on the latest Disney news? Then check out the News section here on MiceChat!

Plus the show. - Walt Disney

Comment

I too have more respect for him now that I know he walks the parks. Its one thing to walk them at night or before the park opens, but to walk around and possibly interact with guests if he knows them. He looks like a pretty modest man, so im not suprised that he passed off credit to the imagineer. Should of asked him about the peoplemover! :P
                          Free Ipods!
                          Free X-Box 360!

Comment

That is the coolest thing I have ever seen!!!
                            WOW, And there he is, walking through the park, isn't that the coolest!!
                            He is a rock star... Rock on Matt
                            Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Brilliant.. He ridden on it whihc means if it is sagfe for him... then the effects are almost done.. then he might get it open in june for pre openings.... (as they need to retrain and test and adjust a lot since this is new computers and everything..)

Should have asked him about future tomorrowland...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X