X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treat
    replied
    I hate the fastpass tell u truth, ever since they installed it. i think i'v only used it once or twice. I enjoy waiting in Q's, i think of them as being a preview of what your in line for. and i hate the fact that you have to wait FOREVER outside of indy in the DIGS and zip through the temple. Also about the refurb. i defiinetly think so. I have neverseen the rat room actully working and I wish they would get a new Ice Machine. it was a great effect.

Leave a comment:

• eyes_of_mara
    replied
    The only effect I can think of is the sound of sickening little thuds on your hood and a slight vibration to go with it... no rat falling.

Leave a comment:

• AF'nJ
    replied
    ok maybe I'm just crazy. but I recall when the ride first opened. not only was the rat affect a visual affect but it also simulated a rat falling on you too? does anyone else remember this or am I nuts?

Leave a comment:

• Importance
    replied
    I think they should take out the painted skeletons in the dart room and replace them with bas relief skeletons that look a bit aged. It always bums me out that the dart room looks so cheap.

I also think the lightning effect near the beginning of the ride would look better if there were fog.

Leave a comment:

• 33 reject
    replied
    Originally posted by Disneylandrocks55
    If only they could get the crumbling rocks to work again!!
    YES YES!! I remember this one of the first times I rode it. I also seem to remember a bucket-full of liquid lava that drops down as you face angered Mara the first time to come into the main show chamber. Perhaps it was a bunch of ice, but I remember the lighting effect made it look glowing orange (most likely lit from below as it fell). It was cool.

And I've seen the rats when it's working properly. It's a great effect too...

Leave a comment:

• GuardianDragon_Mushu
    replied
    I'm pretty danged sure it's always been a cobra...I mean, what kind of rattler has a hood on it? :lol:

Leave a comment:

• eyes_of_mara
    replied
    I think the new one's sweet because it extends its fangs when it lunges.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan-500
    When I went in 2001, I remember a purplish snake, kinda weird looking, with it's tounge out, moving it's head back and forth, and then slightly moving it towards the car.... It didnt look anything like the snake does now, the new one looks like a rattler... Am i remembering correctly or not?
    There was never a purple snake, it was green before and yellow now.

Leave a comment:

• Modern Folly
    replied
    Originally posted by AO*
    Iunno.. I always thought the snakes were cobras?
    Me too....oh. my. god. could all my years of Indy Adventure geekdom be proven wrong now!?

Leave a comment:

• AO*
    replied
    Iunno.. I always thought the snakes were cobras?

Leave a comment:

• Disney Analyst
    replied
    When I went in 2001, I remember a purplish snake, kinda weird looking, with it's tounge out, moving it's head back and forth, and then slightly moving it towards the car.... It didnt look anything like the snake does now, the new one looks like a rattler... Am i remembering correctly or not?

Leave a comment:

• gibbage
    replied
    If you download the full ride video in the link above, the rat part is at 2:30. You can kida see it at the top of the screen, but you can hear the rats and the thuds as they fall from the tree branch.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    Originally posted by GuardianDragon_Mushu
    Wow! The new cobra DOES look great...a *big* change from last summer, when the old one wasn't lunging at the car at all. :lol: I always kinda thought the previous one looked a tad cartoony for the ride, anyway. ^^;
    The reason why it wasn't moving at all was because it was a temporary snake while they worked on the new one.

Leave a comment:

• Disneylandrocks55
    replied
    Originally posted by Disneyfreak
    I always thought they should change the projection to cobwebs. If it were cobwebs that would make a lot of sense.

To give you the exact page go here and click the snake at the bottom.
    http://www.visionsfantastic.com/visi...d/adv/ija.html
    Thanks, I dindn't want to go find that. haha.

Leave a comment:

• GuardianDragon_Mushu
    replied
    Wow! The new cobra DOES look great...a *big* change from last summer, when the old one wasn't lunging at the car at all. :lol: I always kinda thought the previous one looked a tad cartoony for the ride, anyway. ^^;

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    Yea, the lava looks really awsome now. The snake is much better. To tell everyone the truth... (about the projection of the rat) I never had any idea that it was supposed to be a rat. :confused: That part always just felt weird and confusing, though it is still really cool because I always thought the car was about to run into a tree branch. If only they could get the crumbling rocks to work again!!
    I always thought they should change the projection to cobwebs. If it were cobwebs that would make a lot of sense.

If you go to www.visionsfantastic.com, click on adventureland, then click on Indi, you should find a video of the snake. It's a really cool video too.
    To give you the exact page go here and click the snake at the bottom.
    http://www.visionsfantastic.com/visi...d/adv/ija.html

Leave a comment:

• Disneylandrocks55
    replied
    Originally posted by GuardianDragon_Mushu
    Probably off topic, but would anyone by any chance have a picture of the new cobra? ^^; I have yet to see it, hehe.

And i'm told that the ride used to have an effect where the laser from mara's eye would hit the ceiling and pieces of it (really ice from an ice machine built into the ceiling of the show building) would fall down...is that true? o_o
    If you go to www.visionsfantastic.com, click on adventureland, then click on Indi, you should find a video of the snake. It's a really cool video too.

Leave a comment:

• fearsnda
    replied
    Originally posted by gibbage
    The falling rats is JUST before the dart room. If you notice, its a long dark room and they play a lot of "thud thud" sounds. If you look close, there is a dark black peace of cloth hanging down. Thats where the falling rats are. Well, supposed to be.

This is how the effect works/looks

Spoiler
    The effect works like this. A wall of smoke drift's down from the black cloth and images of rats jumping off a tree branch is projected onto the curtin of smoke. Its a GREAT effect and gets people ALL the time.
    That is supposed to be rats? I always thought it was some sort of cob web smoke effect or something. never really understood it.

Leave a comment:

• GuardianDragon_Mushu
    replied
    Probably off topic, but would anyone by any chance have a picture of the new cobra? ^^; I have yet to see it, hehe.

And i'm told that the ride used to have an effect where the laser from mara's eye would hit the ceiling and pieces of it (really ice from an ice machine built into the ceiling of the show building) would fall down...is that true? o_o

Leave a comment:

• Disneylandrocks55
    replied
    Yea, the lava looks really awsome now. The snake is much better. To tell everyone the truth... (about the projection of the rat) I never had any idea that it was supposed to be a rat. :confused: That part always just felt weird and confusing, though it is still really cool because I always thought the car was about to run into a tree branch. If only they could get the crumbling rocks to work again!!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X