Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

I Finally Listened to WDW's Wishes and...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Finally Listened to WDW's Wishes and...

Mind you, I did know that our current show Remember...Dreams Come True's beginning sequence was taken from Walt Disney World's Wishes, but I've never actually listened to Wishes until a couple nights ago. When I first listened to the soundtrack, I immediately thought of Remember, but no Julie Andrews. After listening to the music, I must say, I was a little disappointed in Disneyland. Matt Ouimet spared no expense to make sure that the 50th Anniversary went off without a hitch, made sure that the new attractions/improved attractions were perfect, but how come he couldn't "spare no expense" for a new musical score for DisneyLAND's 50th fireworks show, instead of taking the easy way out and copying Walt Disney World's music? I know Disneyland has gotten in a bad habit of cloning attractions from other Disney theme parks rather than creating new ORIGINAL ones, but have they gotten so bad that they clone the fireworks shows too?

Re: I Finally Listened to WDW's Wishes and...

Erm, there's a reason for the shared music. Wishes was intended to be a be-all fireworks show for every Disney park. One fireworks show that could play at all the Kingdoms around the world.

Comment

Even if the original intent was to have the song in all 5 Magic Kingdoms, "Wishes" the song was debuted elsewhere before it's addition to DL, contributing to the pre-existing sentiment that DL got gipped on it's own birthday party since all the good presents (new attractions) went to everyone else. "Remember" ends up feeling just a little less special, regardless of the intent of including "Wishes."
      Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

As I understand it, the music was entirely re-recorded for "Remember..." although much of it is exactly the same. I don't mind the similarities, I think it's a beautiful song anyway.

I also like how Matt Ouimet gets blamed for no new musical score for the fireworks.

Comment

yes it's my recolection that it was steve davidson who did remember

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
          ~

Comment

Using the same sound track was really because of two reasons:

1) Wishes was popular. Why try a new soundtrack if you already have a hit?

2) It costs money to do a new soundtrack. Disney will save a penny every place they can.

Personally, I think that a different soundtrack should be for every park. The idea that Disney would do one soundtrack for every park is silly. Japanese have different tastes in music than we do. I can imagine that the Europeans also differ in this area. It would have been a little extra touch to make the 50th celebration an even better one to have unique music. Frankly, I think that the Wishes score is rather weak. I don't blame Matt Ouimett, it was probably "mandated" from the Disney Central Committee in Orlando.
            Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X