This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Mansion Exapnsion

Before anyone yells me, this is just an idea. The expansion would add to the Mansion and nothing would be removed! As most of you know, the main building for the HM is one the other side of the Disneyland Railroad. The stretch room takes you below the ground and over/under the railroad. If it were possible and the building could be expanded, it would be great to add to the Haunted Mansion.....I would probably add a room where the ghosts and goblins are playfully reading in a library where books are flying around and where a few ghosts are involved in a game of poker on a card table.....Perhaps a little tour of the Mansion kitchen with ghosts abound.....
    how would you expand the Mansion if you could.
    Last edited by JoeCool; 04-23-2005, 05:00 PM.

It's a great idea to expand the Haunted Mansion. I would probably add any room that is not in the ride right now that would be in a mansion. (i.e. kitchen, bathroom, cellar, game room, and library.)

Comment

I believe the poker playing (and cheating!) ghosts are in the Disneyland Paris Phantom Manor. I haven't been on it in a very long time but I remember the effect being nice: cards floating in mid air, playing on their own, then the ghosts would materialize playing the cards, one would be cheating, another one fires a gun and then they disappear again... The whole thing was in a saloon setting... It looked really neat and I think it would be cool to see it hear, minus the far west theme. I also believe that the library is a part of the WDW MK Phantom Manor: the statues that look at you and follow you accross the room (the ones we have downstairs, right before we embark in our Doom Buggy) are in there and you see some books move on their own and stuff.

Of course, HM is still such a great ride: is it the one that needs updates the most right now?

Comment

I should thought HM updates might be a good conversation/chat topic.....with all the rumors that updates with Pirates...

Comment

After the ball Room scene, right before the attick *sp* scene would be a nice place to tear down a wall and add a room. Adding a kitchen would be great! There could be knifes,utinsils, pots and pans floating around the room...A ghost opening/ closing the fridge as sooky glowing fog comes pooring out every time he opens it. Everything would be a mess, (the ghosts arn't very good cooks). As the doom buggy passes by the stove there could be ordinary empty pots/tea pots sitting on the stove. Then suddenly the pots are full of food and boiling over, and the tea pots starts screatching and blowing out steam... then the next second the pans are empty again.

Comment

The Kitchen scene that you describe sounds so cool, disneylandrocks 55.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeCool
              The Kitchen scene that you describe sounds so cool, disneylandrocks 55.
              Thanks JoeCool.

Comment

More is better!

I would love to see them add a lot more to the HM. When it was built they used every trip they could, really the latest technology to bring the ghosts alive. Now so much more is available to them to make things look unreal. I hope that they sprinkle in a few new tricks and treats to the whole ride.
                Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

I don't wish for any room additions, but in the meantime, i'm hoping they re-add the hatbox ghost. I mean, they have the technology to actually pull it off now...the only fact of the matter is figuring out where to put him, since i'm told the bride is in the place he used to be located at, and the phantom piano player is situated where the bride ghost used to hold residence.

Comment

Just before you go outside to the grave yard, off to the left would be a good spot. (still inside, in the attick) There's nothing off to the far left near the window.

Comment

In the vein of "wouldn't it be cool if..." what about a separate queue that went into the crypt area of the exiting queue, into some sort or catacombs (into a tunnel under the railroad tracks) that brought you into another show building designed to be something like the back part of the mansion, where you would go in through the "servant's entrance" and queue for an entirely different doombuggy track and tour of "the rest of the mansion." I don't remember what kind of space exisits back there between the tram road, but heck, it would be cool if it were do-able.

Comment

Last edited by Aura of Foreboding; 04-24-2005, 02:53 PM. Reason: To add extra comment

Comment

I like the kitchen idea, but too add to it! I would have a ghost dumping water down the train, and you get sprayed a little, and it would be cold water, because the ghost is dead of course, cause dead = cold etc...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                          ~

Comment

Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan
                            I would love to see them add a lot more to the HM. When it was built they used every trip they could, really the latest technology to bring the ghosts alive. Now so much more is available to them to make things look unreal. I hope that they sprinkle in a few new tricks and treats to the whole ride.
                            Wasn't the problem with the hatbox ghost that they couldn't get the area dark enough to pull the effect off correctly?

If that is the case, how about if they redirected the track at the "spooky trees" segment so that it goes under the "attic" room onto a "driveway" or "road" segment, where they would pass by the hatbox ghost. The track would then head back to the scared watchman and the dog and go into the graveyard from there.

Thoughts?
                            "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
                            -
                            "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
                            -
                            "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
                            -
                            Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Aura of Foreboding
                              There have been suggestions by fans to turn it into a grand library or to add a grand staircase (like in DLP's Phantom Manor). Imagineers have played with the idea of turning the black wall into a large window showing the decaying landscape surrounding the Mansion.
                              I love the idea of being able to see the barren landscape around the Mansion, but the staircase in Phantom Manor looked very nice as well. Having something in that area would really add a lot to the already great atmosphere of that ride.

Plus, would someone mind telling me what the hatbox ghost was? I don't recall that effect.
                              "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X