This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Star Tours Confirmed!

I'm over in Indiana for Star Wars Celebration III and George Lucas just made a rare appearance and, among other things, confirmed that Star Tours will be revamped in the near future.

Really? Cool..Was this today? When? If you have any more details that would be great!

Comment

Wow, I hope this is true, so awesome!

Comment

Also, George Lucas said that the "Star Tours" thrill ride at Disney-MGM Studios will be getting an overhaul soon.
        http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=9301

Just MGM?

Comment

Darn.. Just MGM? Why not DL?

Comment

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
            Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Comment

if we revamp WDW, my guess is that our show will be revamped as well within 6-12 months IF the update is received well by the public.
              -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
              -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
              --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

Originally posted by AP2CM
                if we revamp WDW, my guess is that our show will be revamped as well within 6-12 months IF the update is received well by the public.
                Good point, but the show has been running longer at Disneyland. And Disneyland has more repeat guests than MGM. And the repeat guests come a lot more often than MGM. And it isn't MGM that will always be changing as long as there is inspiration left in the world. Walt said that about Disneyland. So when people complain they want the old one back, it would be better to have it debut in Disneyland so they can say "Hey Walt himself said Disneyland will always be changing, get over it".

Anyways, my two cents.

Comment

P.S. Outside of MiceAge and the other Disney sites, information about the theme parks is sketchy if you havent' noticed.

Coming Soon.net site is a movie based website, they aren't as likely to be familiar with theme parks or which attractions are cloned where.

The author probably just doesn't realize that Star Tours is a staple attraction of every Disney "Magic Kingdom" park outside Florida... DL-CA, TDL and DLP.

Does anybody know why it's not in PHASE I of HKDL? Perhaps Star Wars movies are too controversial in China? Have they ever been released there? They are about a bunch of revolutionaries overthrowing an evil empire. Have the censors in Mainland China ever allowed the movie into China, does anybody know?

Comment

From theforce.net:

"He said there were plans to revamp Star Tours, and how those discussion started with Episode I. He said there were several great things planned, and some awesome ideas."

No mention of specific park in this summary.
                    My Blu-rays/DVDs
                    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
                    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

Comment

Disneyland had Star Tours first so it should get the revamp first....at least at the same time as MGM. Isnt that normally how things work?

Has there ever been an attraction that opened in one park, but was only updated in its secondary locations?

I guess Circlevision was updated to Timekeeper, and Tiki Room was updated to Under New Management...but some would say those were downgrades (though not me )
                      "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

Comment

high on the wishes list would be revolving films with different hydraulics for each. dare to dream *sigh*
                        Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

WDW's should get revamped first.. then DL's.... MGM has enough room and if they do it right can install it in what 2-6 months....

Then perfect the system and install it in DL faster....

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
                            WDW's should get revamped first.. then DL's.... MGM has enough room and if they do it right can install it in what 2-6 months....

Then perfect the system and install it in DL faster....
                            What does size have to do with anything?

Comment

THANK GOD!!! Ive been waiting over 6 years for this announcement(im not kidding either)!!!!!!

MGM has already been set up for the new Star Tours. They converted their gift shop with a tatooine themed and call it "tatooine traders' or something now and they've already been selling Star Tour II merchandise for years now...like they have a pin that says "Tatooine Express" and its gold and red instead of blue and silver.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X