This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monorail Changes

As a little kid I remember the #1 reason why I wanted to stay at the Disneyland Hotel was because of the Disneyland Monorail and how it connected all the hotel guests so easily to the park and how hotel guests were alowed to take the monorail into the park an hour or so before it opened to the public. I remember looking out my window at the monorail every 10 min or so as it would come to the station and leave and come and leave and everytime they would honk the horns before taking off and I LOVED it!!! But when they moved the Station to the middle of downtown disney, i was deeply upset and VERY confused as to why they made this move.
    I think they should remove the station back to the hotel. It is one of the many perks of being a DL hotel guest!

Another thing....am I the only one who thinks they should add some more stations to DCA, paridise peer hotel, and grand califonian hotel as well!? If we have a state of the art multi million transportation system, then lets make the most out of it and continue to spoil DL hotel guests like they should be treated.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that how WDW's monorail system is? A station at every park and hotel for easy transportation and easy park hopping?
    Beautify Yourself

Originally posted by Derekuda
    But when they moved the Station to the middle of downtown disney, i was deeply upset and VERY confused as to why they made this move.
    I think they should remove the station back to the hotel. It is one of the many perks of being a DL hotel guest!
    Hey Derekuda,

The station is in the same place it has always been. It was not moved during the construction of Downtown Disney, Dowtown Disney was built around it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I don't think the monorail station was moved from the DL hotel... I'm probably wrong, but Isn't it in the exact same spot, just with Down Town Dinsey extended clear to it? That's what I always thought... :confused:

EDIT: Oh, Villian answered my question before when I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Derekuda
        Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that how WDW's monorail system is? A station at every park and hotel for easy transportation and easy park hopping?
        I'm sorry to say that the WDW monorails only goes to 2 parks (MK and Epcot) and it only stops at 3 hotels. You have to take a bus everywhere else and/or your own car.
        Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by villain
          Hey Derekuda,

The station is in the same place it has always been. It was not moved during the construction of Downtown Disney, Dowtown Disney was built around it.

Hope this helps.
          Does that mean that they pushed back the hotel? I seem to remember the station being connected to the front of the main hotel bulding. Or at least a little bit off the front anyways.
          Beautify Yourself

Comment

They demo'd one of the towers.

Comment

Originally posted by gibbage
              They demo'd one of the towers.
              thats crazy.
              Beautify Yourself

Comment

yea the Monorail station used to be part of one the Hotel towers and I belive right under it was a nice little eatry called "Monorail Cafe"

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
                  yea the Monorail station used to be part of one the Hotel towers and I belive right under it was a nice little eatry called "Monorail Cafe"
                  Thats right, I do remembet the monorail cafe...we ate there one morning, and it had pictures of monorails on the walls in black and white.
                  Beautify Yourself

Comment

Ok.....enough already

They did not move the Station and they did not demolish any of the towers. They did demolish the lap pool, the monorail cafe, the garden rooms(which were the original Hotel rooms) and a few shops.

....That being said I too wish they would "move" the station back
                    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                      Ok.....enough already

They did not move the Station and they did not demolish any of the towers. They did demolish the lap pool, the monorail cafe, the garden rooms(which were the original Hotel rooms) and a few shops.

....That being said I too wish they would "move" the station back
                      OK, so then if they didn't demolish any towers.....then SERIOUSLY.....they moved the station outward right? Because, I seriously remember the station being right in front (if not connected to) the DL hotel.
                      So something has got to give, because stories are not adding up here.
                      Beautify Yourself

Comment

The hotel station did not move. They just demolished all of the hotel that was around it.

Comment

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...sneyland%7c%7c that's the way it was...

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...sneyland%7c%7c

this is how it is now. They did not move the station. They did not move the hotel. There were other buildings there that were removed to make way for Downtown Disney, but you have always had to walk the same distance from the main towers of the Disneyland Hotel to the monorail.
                          -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                          I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pyrateslife4me84
                            http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...sneyland%7c%7c that's the way it was...

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...sneyland%7c%7c

this is how it is now. They did not move the station. They did not move the hotel. There were other buildings there that were removed to make way for Downtown Disney, but you have always had to walk the same distance from the main towers of the Disneyland Hotel to the monorail.
                            WOW...thats a trip! They didn't even touch the track. I thought that when they built DCA they they had to demolish some of the track and move it a round a bit and such, but according to the two maps....they DIDN'T TOUCH IT!
                            Beautify Yourself

Comment

Yes, the station is in the same spot. It was the shopping complex, garden rooms, old lap pool, guest parking, and fitness centre that were demolished to make room for Downtown Disney. The guest room towers have always been tucked far away from the monorail station.

While more stations would be cool, I think it would become necessary to construct a second (or even third) monorail line like at WDW. At WDW, there are two tracks running side-by-side around the Seven Seas Lagoon. One loop is reserved for Hotel guests, and stops at each hotel. The second track is an express track, connecting the Magic Kingdom and the Transportation Centre (parking lot). The WDW Monorail is almost a transportation system, whereas Disneylands is still an attraction.
                              If the Disneyland Monorail had more stops, I think long lines would form at the stations, because not everyone gets off when the Monorail stops. (As a visual aid, compare wait times at the Main Street train station vs. Frontierland/ Toontown/TL. Most people get off at Main Street.

As the DLR expands (think 3rd and 4th gates), the Monorail may be expanded. But for now, trams are cheaper and easier, with higher occupancy.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X