This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone go to the Oakland Museum Disneyalnd exhibit

Im thinking of going to the Oakland museum to see the Disneyland Behind the Magic 50 years. Has anyone been. If I go Ill do a trip report this sunday or monday. Heres the link to the website.

http://www.museumca.org/exhibit/exhi_disney1.html

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

Re: Anyone go to the Oakland Museum Disneyalnd exhibit

I have been wanting to go, and keep putting it off, and now we are paying for a Disneyland trip, and can't go before it closes. I am hoping most of it ends up on the presidio at the new Walt Disney Museum.Take photos if you can!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Originally posted by travelmom
      Take photos if you can!
      There will quickly be someone at your side saying "There is no photography of any kind."

Cheers.
      Remember
      What the dormouse said
      Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Check out these threads

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ighlight=oogie

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32587&highlight=oogie
        Growing older is manditory
        Growing up is however, optional

Comment

No offense to anyone living in Oakland, but I'm too scared to drive there, park, and walk alone to the exhibit. I have family in Oakland, but there are so many news stories about random shootings that I tend to stay away from there the best I can.

I really do want to see the exhibit though, so I'm hoping that it will somehow make a detour into San Francisco.

Comment

Dont let some horror storys let you from living and enjoying your life. Oakland has its bad parts like everyother big city. Go check it out Im going to.

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

Comment

We went last month.

You can take BART. There's a station one block away. Easy access.

I wasn't all that impressed. Lots of things I've seen already. Lots of video interviews going on that have appeared in other specials and recordings.
              But DO see it...it's worth seeing.
              Gawrsh !!

Comment

It took us about two hours to tour the exhibit. I probably could have lingered longer. And admission to the rest of the museum is included.

Parking at the museum is very convenient and is only $1/hour with validation.
                Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                sigpic

Comment

I've been 2 times. Its a great experience!

Comment

I drove in from San Jose. I didn't encounter and shady characters along the way. I think the bad stuff you hear on the news is a little more east of the city central. Plus,.... "the freaks come out at night", or at least I heard that on the radio once.

Comment

Originally posted by Trekkie Dad
                      And admission to the rest of the museum is included.

Parking at the museum is very convenient and is only $1/hour with validation.
                      Technically it's an additional fee on top of museum admission to see the DL exhibit. I also found free on street parking on a Saturday less than a block away.

And writerevie, saying you won't go to Oakland at all is, excuse me, just silly. There are many parts of San Francisco that are just as dangerous.

Cheers.
                      Remember
                      What the dormouse said
                      Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Sorry for the off topicness but I was driving on some street in oakland. And we hear the news on the way home saying there was a drive by shooting minutes after we drove on that rode.

Comment

Originally posted by writerevie
                          No offense to anyone living in Oakland, but I'm too scared to drive there, park, and walk alone to the exhibit. I have family in Oakland, but there are so many news stories about random shootings that I tend to stay away from there the best I can.

I really do want to see the exhibit though, so I'm hoping that it will somehow make a detour into San Francisco.
                          I lived in Oakland for two years and I never had a problem. Not once.

As far as the museum goes, the parking garage is under the museum and you drive into it and walk directly into the museum. Other than driving you never have to see the streets of Oakland at all. Not to mention that the museum is located near Lake Merritt, which is one of the nicest areas of Oakland.

The exhibit is quite nice, everyone should really get out there and see it, if they can.

Comment

Boom!

Check this out,

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...08-03_0024.jpg

Comment

It really is a great way to celebrate Disneyland. I found some things that were repetitive, but that's not why I went. I found that there was many things I delighted in like the Pirate Arcade games and the Video kiosks, and the Lincoln Animatronic uncovered so one could inspect the inner workings of this AA. Not to mention the rides that never came to be. I was disappointed that they didn't do more on the Davy Crockett tribute, if you call it that. As much as I have read, some critics or Crockett fans, say Davy Crockett for it's time was as big as Star Wars.
                              But all in all, I hope to go again soon before it's over in this area.
                              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X