This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new ticket taker monitor

here is a picture of the new monitors they are going to be installing at the ticket booths Al mentioned. There is only one at the dl side and one a the dca side.

if you are an ap it will show your pic on there in color on about half of the screen. oh yea and its a touch screen.

flickr

[PhotoWalk] - 02/02 - This and That & FIREWORKS
    [PhotoWalk] - 11/6 - DTD, DCA and DL - GRR & XMAS Decorations
    [PhotoWalk] - 11/2 & 11/3 - DL - NOS, ToonTown and some here and there...
    [PhotoWalk] - 10/7 - DCA and DL - More Night Photography
    [PhotoWalk] - 9/16 - DCA - Details, Signs, and Lighting

Re: new ticket taker monitor

Very nice looking! I guess it's going to make it harder for people to pass off as other people when using someone else's AP.
    Woof!

Comment

look a hidden mickey!
      Come to the dark side,
      we have cookies.

Comment

Neat, thanks for the pictures!

Disneyland is always getting hi-tech with everything. I went to the lockers and, wow, what a surprise I found there. I still remember my first hotel stay without keys...the 1989 Disneyland Hotel. At the time they used plastic cards with holes punched in them...the magnetic stripped ones weren't available because this was brand new technology. I remember how cool it was to get into your room with a credit card...but today I don't think there's a hotel left on Earth that uses real keys.

I've almost always experienced a new hi-tech way of doing something at Disneyland before anywhere else.

Comment

That's cool. I'm generally a strong rule follower so I like people breaking them to get caught. Muahahahaha.

Comment

So what if someone with an AP goes through a line that doesn't have the monitor? Will all of the ticket takers eventually have the monitors?

Comment

Good deal, I hope they discourage and catch a bunch of them. It's nice to see that the CM's finally have this technology. :thumbup:
              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylandrocks55
                So what if someone with an AP goes through a line that doesn't have the monitor? Will all of the ticket takers eventually have the monitors?
                According to Al, yes, all the turnstyles will eventually have the monitors. Most likely they are just testing them out on 1 turnstyle each for the Disneyland and DCA entrances before they install them to all the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronInCal
                  According to Al, yes, all the turnstyles will eventually have the monitors. Most likely they are just testing them out on 1 turnstyle each for the Disneyland and DCA entrances before they install them to all the lines.
                  I am still wondering why they are upgrading this system only to this extent and not adding in the finger scan and such like they have at WDW? The tickets scan differently at the different parks (DLR v. WDW) and they check you differently (hand-stamp v. finger shape). So maybe they are just waiting for a full change in technology before taking that final leap to the finger scan or what? Because having half or part of "WENDY" stamped on you is only fun for so long, espeically when you park hop back and the CM can't read it.

Comment

The handstamps didn't make sense to me when I was there. They never checked them, they just scanned our tickets.

And me likey new technology.

I used to think the blacklight stamps were the height of technology when I was a kid.

Comment

Thanks for sharing
                      :crazylegs

Comment

I am not looking forward to trying these out. My 10 yr. old daughter looks COMPLETELY different than she did 3 years ago when she got her pic. taken for her pass. We renew by mail, so the same pic is on there. wondering if they will start giving her a hard time......

Comment

Technology will always have its limits. I'm sure those who want to sneak in with someone elses pass will find a way, although I can't think of one right now. I'm glad the fingerscan thing isn't in California. When we went to WDW last year, it really held up the line and often didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Brain Toad
                            ...And me likey new technology...
                            New Technology is goodly!

Comment

The finger scan would really hold up lines at DLR. Id rather have the pictures on a screen. They always seem to look at your AP when you go through anyway. I always give a big smile and thank them using there 1st name. I like doing that it seems to get a smile every once in a while.

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X