This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People Eaters

Okay, we all know that certain attractions are fabulous people eaters, i.e., rides that have a huge capacity to take people off the tarmac in Disneyland, either because of the length of the ride, the smoothness of loading, or sheer popularity.

Examples:
    Haunted Mansion - a long ride that has near-continuous loading and an astonishing capacity for riders per hour. (New Orleans Square)
    Pirates of the Caribbean - a very long ride, also near-continuously loading, and probably one of the highest rider/hour ratios of any attraction in any theme park anywhere. (New Orleans Square)
    Splash Mountain - a ride of moderate length, above average loading capacity (well, before the new log snafu), and a respectable rider/hour ratio. (Critter Country)
    Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters - I can't comment on ride length (yet), but it has the same basic ride system as Haunted Mansion, and will probably become just as effective a People Eater as that attraction. (Tomorrowland)

Looking at the lay of these attractions, it seems as though they seem rather concentrated on the west side of the park, with BLAB as the lone holdout on the east side of the park (until the re-opening of Space Mountain later this year).

So, my question to you... Frontierland - Fantasyland - Toon Town
    What kind of attraction do you think they could put in these areas to accomplish the same effect? I'm going to discount the "Western River Expedition" as a pipe dream due to the size and logistics of it. I rather like the "Villian Mountain" that has been proposed by one of our MiceChatters (forgive me that I can't recall the username...).

So what do y'all think? What kind of ride? Which "land"?
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Good God, Toontown needs a people eater.

Well, maybe not even a people eater.

How about a ride that's not about cartoons that were cancelled ten years ago. *cough* Gadget's GO COASTER!!!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

You forgot the Autopia Ride, the line for that is often longet than pirates and HM and IASW.

And in the ner futue there will be Space Mt that will eat tons and tons of people. So right there you got 3 nice spots. So that is pretty even with the west side of the park right there. And if you want to look into the more distant future you will have the new subs, another great people black hole.

Comment

Originally posted by melmel
        Good God, Toontown needs a people eater.

Well, maybe not even a people eater.

How about a ride that's not about cartoons that were cancelled ten years ago. *cough* Gadget's GO COASTER!!!
        Hmmm, hows a none cartoon ride gonna work in toontown? A cartoon land!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
        ~

Comment

Originally posted by Evan-500
          Hmmm, hows a none cartoon ride gonna work in toontown? A cartoon land!
          I think the point is Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers was cancelled. I just don't know how a Proud Family overlay work... :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by Flint
            Okay, we all know that certain attractions are fabulous people eaters, i.e., rides that have a huge capacity to take people off the tarmac in Disneyland, either because of the length of the ride, the smoothness of loading, or sheer popularity.

Examples:
            Haunted Mansion - a long ride that has near-continuous loading and an astonishing capacity for riders per hour. (New Orleans Square)
            Pirates of the Caribbean - a very long ride, also near-continuously loading, and probably one of the highest rider/hour ratios of any attraction in any theme park anywhere. (New Orleans Square)
            Splash Mountain - a ride of moderate length, above average loading capacity (well, before the new log snafu), and a respectable rider/hour ratio. (Critter Country)
            Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters - I can't comment on ride length (yet), but it has the same basic ride system as Haunted Mansion, and will probably become just as effective a People Eater as that attraction. (Tomorrowland)

Looking at the lay of these attractions, it seems as though they seem rather concentrated on the west side of the park, with BLAB as the lone holdout on the east side of the park (until the re-opening of Space Mountain later this year).

So, my question to you... Frontierland - Fantasyland - Toon Town
            What kind of attraction do you think they could put in these areas to accomplish the same effect? I'm going to discount the "Western River Expedition" as a pipe dream due to the size and logistics of it. I rather like the "Villian Mountain" that has been proposed by one of our MiceChatters (forgive me that I can't recall the username...).

So what do y'all think? What kind of ride? Which "land"?
            I don't think you can count splash it's lines are horrible it can't possibly be a people eater (at least not anymore thanks to fastpass and the segemented logs) Indy loads faster it looks like (and if posted ride times are to be believed)

your also forgetting Small World is just as fast loading as pirates (or awfuly darn close)

I also don't really count Space mountain as a fast loader either
            "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by lilbigguy
              I think the point is Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers was cancelled. I just don't know how a Proud Family overlay work... :devil:
              ick

you disgust me :P man Disney sindication is down low (you know it's bad when the only show with any sort of brand recognition is going to be Power Rangers every season )

seriously with that 65 episode cap all Disney's cartoons get repetitive fast (oooh the Tarzan cartoon only had 30-20 something you could litteraly see the same episodes repeating again in less then a month when they placed it on weekdays)

Chip and Dales are at least memorable for modernizing and reuse of some classic characters in a very memorable show

ain't a single memorable one out there these days (like I've said for a while that episode cap causes Disney's shows to stagnate fast and kids genearly will remeber shows that were on constantly as kids, why do you think Duck Tales and turtles are now popular in retro culture it's because they were on so long everyone remebers em)
              "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

It's a Small World is a pretty good people eater, too. It also shares the boat/omnimover, near continuous loading characteristics with the other high capacity attractions.

It would be interesting to see Disney try to carry that concept over to the Nemo ride somehow instead of using the old submarines. Or use a similar ride system for whatever they try to put in the old Motor Boat Cruise area. A Fantasia boat ride would be very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by mickhyperion
                  It'It would be interesting to see Disney try to carry that concept over to the Nemo ride somehow instead of using the old submarines.
                  Unfortunately, if they change the subs too much, they'll haev to worry about the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), because the subs were only able to operate because of their grandfather clause... if they readapt the subs TOO much ,they'll have to make them more accessable. Which would cost MUCH more money. I'm sure they'll stick with the original subs to avoid that.
                  May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Cancelled?????????? It ended people! It ended! Disney half hour cartoon program creates a slate for X number of years and sticks to it. The same thing happened to Tale Spin, Duck Tales, Gargoyles and now Kim Possible.

Comment

Originally posted by melmel
                      Unfortunately, if they change the subs too much, they'll haev to worry about the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), because the subs were only able to operate because of their grandfather clause... if they readapt the subs TOO much ,they'll have to make them more accessable. Which would cost MUCH more money. I'm sure they'll stick with the original subs to avoid that.
                      I doubt it those subs are trashed beyond belief. Full of mold and mildew beyond repair. Face the ADA or face the EPA?

Comment

Wouldn't that resemble the real world a tad bit too much?

I guess a Proud family ride could fit into DCA

Comment

Originally posted by fkurucz

Originally posted by drunkmom
                          this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

Originally posted by fkurucz

Ugh. They could call it "Everyone's taken a ride on the Lacienega Boulevardez"

I mean, come on, with a name like that, they INVITE the dirty jokes.
                            May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X