Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 4th Question

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • May 4th Question

    Why is Disneyland closing one May 4th at only 5PM?
    Beautify Yourself

  • #2
    Disneyland is not open at all on May 4th. It is only open to special contest winners. The contest winners are getting kicked out at 5pm because thats when the celebrity reception on main street begins- they will be able to stick around at DCA until it closes however.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!



    Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

    DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dramaqueen
      Disneyland is not open at all on May 4th. It is only open to special contest winners. The contest winners are getting kicked out at 5pm because thats when the celebrity reception on main street begins- they will be able to stick around at DCA until it closes however.
      Why is Disneyland closed to the public on May 4th? Correct me if i'm wrong, but Disneyland has NEVER closed it's doors to the public? It's open 365 days a year.
      Beautify Yourself

      Comment


      • #4
        It is closed "suppossedly" to put the finishing touches on the park for the 50th kickoff which takes place May 5th. I am sure they will be putting up a few last minute decorations- but it is really so the media can have the run of the park to promote the big celebration.

        Disneyland has closed its doors twice- when President Kennedy was assasinated and on September 11th, 2001.
        Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!



        Do you MiceChat?
        Help support the site you love:
        -Visit the MiceChat store
        Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

        DMCA for life, yo.
        MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Derekuda
          Why is Disneyland closed to the public on May 4th? Correct me if i'm wrong, but Disneyland has NEVER closed it's doors to the public? It's open 365 days a year.
          Disneyland used to be closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

          Disneyland is closing its doors to the public to build up hype for the 50th anniversary celebration, that's all.

          And that "special event" closes at 5, because LORD FORBID that NORMAL people mingle with celebrities. I mean, come on, celebrities are like GODS, they can't be seen with annual passholders.

          And they have to have a day to invite the press where all the cameras and news programs from around the world can check out the celebration... you try packing 50000 guests PLUS all the world press into DL. Closing the park is a much better solution.
          Member of the Disney Class of 2005
          Disneyland CM for 4 years.
          May 6, 2005 - present.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by melmel

            And that "special event" closes at 5, because LORD FORBID that NORMAL people mingle with celebrities. I mean, come on, celebrities are like GODS, they can't be seen with annual passholders.
            I think they figure we will give the celebrities cooties.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Gwyren
              I think they figure we will give the celebrities cooties.
              More like mob them,ever seen what some so called adults will do to get a shot with Goofy?? Pushing ,shoving and not giving a damn about anyone who may be already waiting.Now multiply that by the group of "A" list stars the park intends to bring in and you have utter chaos. Anyone lucky enough to get in on the 4th should feel just that-lucky to get in at all and get the advance look before the insane sized crowds descend on the park for the first few weekends
              REMOVE TAG BEFORE FLIGHT

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RX-24
                More like mob them,ever seen what some so called adults will do to get a shot with Goofy?? Pushing ,shoving and not giving a damn about anyone who may be already waiting.Now multiply that by the group of "A" list stars the park intends to bring in and you have utter chaos. Anyone lucky enough to get in on the 4th should feel just that-lucky to get in at all and get the advance look before the insane sized crowds descend on the park for the first few weekends

                Feel good that I get in? Yes.

                Feel good that I miss the fireworks? Not at all.

                I could care less about the celebrities. I want to see the fireworks and hear the music.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Gwyren
                  Feel good that I get in? Yes.

                  Feel good that I miss the fireworks? Not at all.

                  I could care less about the celebrities. I want to see the fireworks and hear the music.
                  Aw.... I wish you all can too! What if you all sit outside the park if they really kick you out? Do you think security would make you leave from there? I would do that even if I didn't make it for May 4th. Eh, forgive me for trying to make the best out of the situation??

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm a little bummed that I'll only be able to see but not hear the fireworks on the 4th, but I'll be able to see *and* hear them on the 5th, so I'm good. I'm going to get to see the new parade on the 4th, and I think the new opera house exhibit is open on the 4th, and I'm not sure what else will re-open, so I'm just happy to be able to go then.

                    And even if I'd won tickets through the AP contest, I wouldn't have expected to be able to attend the celebrity party portion. It's not hard to understand why they'd want to separate that out from AP contest winners and radio station contest winners.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I refuse to watch err listen to the fireworks show from the gates. If I can't see them IN Disneyland I'll wait till the 5th to see.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Disney announced a year ago that Disneyland would be closed to the public on May 4th...

                        Anyone who bought an AP or planning a trip got fair notice.

                        DCA will be open from 9 AM to 9 PM that day.

                        If you won tickets to the special event, congrats, and enjoy the park.

                        If not, see you on the 5th!
                        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yeah, but can you imagine what it's going to be like on the 4th outside of the Disneyland gates? I am currently getting down on my hands and knees and kissing the ground, thanking God that I don't work Guest Relations.

                          "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT DISNEYLAND IS CLOSED!? I CAME HERE ALL THE WAY FROM (insert horribly remote place name here) JUST TO GO TO DISNEYLAND!!!"

                          It doesn't matter how all-encompassing Disneyland's voice of reason & information is, there has always been and always will be that 20% of people that did absolutely no planning for their vacation.
                          Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Guests of the Annual passholders

                            Just a note to those who won tickets to the 4th. The guest of the Annual passholder is not going to be allowed into DCA after DL closes. It says so on the tickets.

                            I'm just glad that I have my Annual pass to get me in, but am I really going to want to go with the entire Disneyland Resort theme park crowd crammed into DCA?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Egads!!! Now I'm glad I didn't win tickets to the 4th...

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X