X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take A Spin Over Disneyland On Skyway...and Reminisce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uaLlkg4Dhk

Disneyland's Skyway was in place from 1956 to 1994. The film was shot in 1994. It includes birds-eye arial shots of several beloved Fantasyland and Tomorrowland attractions - including a trek thru the Matterhorn, and footage of the PeopleMover.

To add to this 1994 breathtaking vintage experience is a musical score of It's A Whole New World. Enjoy!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Take A Spin Over Disneyland On Skyway...and Reminisce

Excellent video, thanks for the link
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

Great video!

I wish I could find one of the WDW Skyway! It was around for more years, yet nobody seemed to film the darn thing, or at least post it online anyway ...

Comment

Of course nothing can replace the original Disneyland Sky-way experience going through the Matterhorn and soaring above Fantasyland. Although if you wish to take a current ride on a wire just like the old days you could always take a trip to Santa Cruz Boardwalk and ride the Sky-way or if you are even more adventurous try Sandusky Ohio and visit Cedar Point and ride the Sky-way there! I just returned from a four day trip (my first time at the park) it is amazing, of course it is not Disneyland but it is a HUGE park (probably 2 times the size of Disneyland and DCA combined!!) with tons and tons of rides (no real proper Dark Rides although if you love Roller Coasters, flat rides, fair games, The beach and Water slides) this is your place trust me! It has been a theme/amusement park since the late 1800's just like the Santa Cruz Boardwalk, Plus it still has a Sky-way! Very fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevie
          Great video!

I wish I could find one of the WDW Skyway! It was around for more years, yet nobody seemed to film the darn thing, or at least post it online anyway ...
          When I opened up this link, there were links to the WDW skyway video on the right hand side.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevie
            Great video!

Glade you enjoyed the video ride, Kevie. I've been looking for footage of WDW's Skyway, but, like you say, it's difficult to come by. If I locate a film, however, I will certainly post it.

In the meantime, I have started another thread that features Tokyo Disneyland's Skyway. Lot's of people do not realize that this third version of the ride even existed.

Comment

Thanks for the video. It's so cool to see Tomorrowland the way it should be. Rockets up high, Peolplemover and the Subs ... all running.

Comment

Originally posted by DLMountainFan
                When I opened up this link, there were links to the WDW skyway video on the right hand side.
                Thanks for noticing that DLMountainFan. I shall start another thread now that features the WDW Skyway! :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
                  Thanks for the video. It's so cool to see Tomorrowland the way it should be. Rockets up high, Peolplemover and the Subs ... all running.
                  You bet, sir clinksalot. Tomorrowland is ALIVE with motion again. Now that the subs are coming back strong, perhaps Disney will place the rockets back where they belong, create a replacement ride for the PeopleMover tracks, and maybe even return the Skyway to us.

Comment

Wow. Many thanks for the link. I had forgotten how beautiful it was. It all looked so much better then, even though I know it was all getting old by that time. I never got tired of any of it, however dated it might have been. First time I can think of in a long while to be proud of my age! If I had been born later I would not remember being there as vividly. As it is, looking at this video confirms that I remember it all, it is imprinted in my memory. THANK YOU for the link. :bow:

Comment

What a great way to start my morning. Thank you for posting the link!

Comment

Anyone catch the Dsineyland Skyway 1994 mispelling in the title?

Comment

The poles in Fantasyland... So ugly I could cry.

I do miss it as far as it's usefulness as transportation, though. I maintain that a new Peoplemover track to replace it's function would be a good thing for the park.

EDIT: LOL at the elevator music rendition of the Aladdin soundtrack in that vid.

Comment

Oh man, I miss that and the old Tomorrowland so much.
                            Great video!

Comment

i want the old tomarrowland back too!!! man i miss that land (when it was actually something)
                              OLM!!!
                              There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X