This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best spot for Remember... Fireworks?

Some time ago, among other questions, the thread below was posted by M. Duck:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27291

I loved and bookmarked this thread, since I thought it was a good opportunity to collect data on the best place to see the fireworks. Akafandisney posted a really helpful map with what he thought were the best places for viewing the fireworks, and I visited each of them (the small red dots show Alan's preferred viewing locations).

I also found this thread, which had special reporters take pictures and review each part of the fireworks from eight different locations around the park.

I found that review to also be very helpful.

Uzmati mentioned that the information from Micgoofy Duck regarding Fantasmic photos, and fireworks, as well as general reviews of Aladdin, etc., might make a great book, and I was hoping for at least a trip report, but since that didn't happen, I'll revive this thread anew, and ask... is there a "best" place to see the fireworks?
    Last edited by RobotMirror; 09-06-2006, 02:05 PM. Reason: Deleted irrelevant photo

Re: Best spot for Remember... Fireworks?

Actually last night I saw them for the first time from IASW. They project video unto IASW throughout the entire show and I found it really cool and different from viewing the fireworks from around Sleeping Beauty's Castle and Rivers Of America. I definitely recommend trying it out if you have a few days at the park. It's not my first recommendation on where to watch them from. My favorite is still from in front of the Castle.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

I think I've seen them in front of Its a Small World three times now, and at least three times in front of the castle.

I have a theory on the best place, but it's hard to explain without diagrams, and I'm not the best at image manipulation, but I'll try. It's what you might say is the "back of the hub", towards main street. Because so many people crowd into the front of the hub , towards the castle, that area is often difficult to see, mainly due to taller people and trees.

However, this "back of the hub" section allows you not only a line of sight over many trees, but it's usually less crowded, which is a win-win, if you ask me.

Lately, though, the IASW has become my favorite place to view. You're much, much closer to the fireworks, you can get a seat even 5 minutes before they start, and the projections on the facade (which you can view a video of at visionsfantastic.com) are really fantastic.

Comment

in front of the castle is great because that is where you can see most (if not all) of the show. the problem with that, though, is that you have to stake out a spot early and there is always someone who manages to slide in front of you who decides to put their kids on their shoulders so that no one behind them can see.

my favorite has to be in front of small world because i like the projections. the only problem is you can't see tink fly. also, you have to be directly in front of the building or else it is difficult to see the projections and hear the music.

imo, there really is no "perfect" spot, just a few areas where viewing is made a little more special and unique.
        A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
        :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

Another really cool place to see them from was the top of the Mark Twain. It was an amazing experience. Unfortunately the only reason we got to do this is because it was the week of the POTC2 Premiere and with no Fantasmic, they kept the Mark Twain docked after the last ride and allowed people on.
          Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

This is what I'm talking about (the "red zone"), if you will:

Comment

it's pretty cool to watch the fireworks from the balcony of the disney gallery after the fantasmic dessert buffet cuz they'll let you stay until the fireworks are over. the only problem is that you have to be sitting in a certain spot because you are seated depending on when you placed your reservation (i.e. the sooner you call, the closer to the front you are). this year, we were finally #1 so we got to sit in the middle in the very front!!! the other problem is that the buffet isn't cheap. it is hard to see some effects, but somehow, chocolate cake makes not being able to see everything so much better !
              A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

I agree with you Frogberto. I love to watch them either in that back area of the Hub at the end of Main Street or actually in the middle of the Hub. I've tried a couple of different places around Main Street but wasn't satisfied at all. One place I definetly didn't like was right up front of the castle. Wayyyyy too close to enjoy the whole show if you ask me. I've heard from others that watching the fireworks at the Innoventions exit on the second story is good too but I haven't tried it, same thing with in front of Small World.
                http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment626
                  I agree with you Frogberto....I've heard from others that watching the fireworks at the Innoventions exit on the second story is good too but I haven't tried it, same thing with in front of Small World.
                  The review on the website I mentioned didn't speak too highly of the second floor innoventions viewing area:

Comments: Although the experience of watching the show from here is not quite as bad as the numbers may indicate, pretty much every element of the show is compromised. The soundtrack is particularly poor as the area does not have its own presenation, but is rather heard from surrounding areas. The great benefit is that there were no crowds and once the show is concluded, you are on the opposite side of the park from the major traffic jams should you wish to continue your evening in Tomorrowland or Fantasyland.
                  Sample Photos

Matterhorn creates a blocking silhouette for much of the show, but when lit, this is one of the few off-Main Street locations where the projections are visible. Photo by Jeff Moxley.

From Innoventions, the lower effects at the castle are obstructed. Photo by Jeff Moxley.

The stretching effect, being a little farther south brings the Orbitron into view, providing a unique foreground. Photo by Jeff Moxley.

Comment

i've watched it from innoventions before and the view wasn't actually all that obstructed and they did do a few projections on the mountain itself. also, i could hear the music just fine. the best part is that you avoid so much people traffic and it is a straight shot to the monorail should you be like the people in my family who like to end all the days except for the last one after the fireworks.

Comment

Thanks. That is definitely good to know.

Comment

I've done it from the Mark Twain(one of the best moments I have to say) as well the front of the castle many times. Small World is also a great vantage point as well. Innoventions, was an easy view, different.
                        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

If you ever happen to park on the top level of mickey and friends. Check out the fireworks from up there. You can hear all the car alarms go of and get a good look on why they close toontown at night. We did this one night and it was pretty neat to see them from that height. You can see where they come from and really feel the fireworks.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Redsix
                            If you ever happen to park on the top level of mickey and friends. Check out the fireworks from up there.
                            What gets to me is I've left a few times during the fireworks and some people will actually park their cars in the middle of the exit ramps for the parking structure to watch the fireworks.

It's a road people, not a sidewalk!
                            Julie Rei

Comment

on the top of inoventions or when comming up main st. on the left side of the partners statue...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X