X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ed Grier, Right?

Originally posted by Opus1guy
    Another African American with the last name of Grier, surprised a lot of us in the 70's:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69799427@N00/sets/491625/

Perhaps this one will do the same.

:ot: And before that, he was part of one of the great defenses in NFL history...with the LA Rams Fearsome Foursome...which made his love of needlepoint, surprising to some.

ON TOPIC:

Kelly, Ed Grier was President of Tokyo Disneyland, I believe...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Ed Greir was NOT president of Tokyo Disneyland. He has worked for Disney since the 1980s. Tokyo Disneyland is owned and operated by the Oriental Land Company. Mr. Grier was the head of Walt Disney Attractions Japan, the group that maintains relations with the Oriental Land Company.

Comment

Why does everyone have to say, He's african american guys, did you know he's african american, guess what, he's african american..

GET OVER IT

He is who he is, does it matter what race he is!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
        ~

Comment

Black...white...as long as he makes Disneyland sparkle I'll be a major fan of his no matter who he is.

Comment

Agreed... who cares where he's from... as long as he loves the park and leaves it better than he found it I'm a happy camper. Actually, if he is like Matt in only one respect, that he visits the park regularly, I'll be happy. He certainly looks like a good guy. He's also aparently a financial whiz and incredibly good negotiator. Maybe he'll be able to actually do the job of President of a Disney Park... a job that seems to have been watered down and become more of a "show title" than anything else lately. I think the entire Disney mgmt system needs a major overhaul... it's getting a bit bloated. It needs to be less modularized and more linear. Park departments report to each Park Pres. Pres reports to person over all parks. That person reports to Disney President. Imagineering reports to their head bosses and those bosses report to Disney Pres. Creating lots of little subgroups is just never a good idea for management. But I digress...

I'm excited to see how he does. Thank you for the picture... I have been scouring the net for one.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Athlonacon
              Black...white...as long as he makes Disneyland sparkle I'll be a major fan of his no matter who he is.
              I totally agree!

I just wonder how much say he'll have. It seems like Matt was being overlooked towards the end and nobody wants that. In a way I don't blame him for leaving after all he did. But if Mr Grier is anything like Mr Ouimet, then we'll find out how the "Execs" handle his decisions soon enough. Cross your fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by cal4iri
                Isn't it funny how someone looks can either make you feel better or worse about something like this?
                I don't know, Personally, I think this dude should be President of Disneyland...

"Woe! Dude! That Nemo ride was a total trip man..."
                Check out my other blog:

Comment

My Dad!!!! You found him! I've been looking for him for years!! Thank you!

Comment

I hear he's a numbers man...I just hope we're not getting stuck with Paul Pressler II...:beg:
                    "They's two B's in basketball!"

Comment

Wasn't Matt a numbers man too? He had a big financial background but luckily he had the brains and IMAGINATION to know what was needed.

(I do too though, does that mean I have a chance in the future???)

Comment

Yup, Matt was also an accounting major.

Yes, Cal4iri, you also have a chance in the future!!

Comment

Originally posted by nish221
                          Yup, Matt was also an accounting major.

Yes, Cal4iri, you also have a chance in the future!!

Yesssssssss!!!
                          I'll hit you up once I get there!

Comment

Not a bad lookin' guy

I know too little of him to say what his management style will be. We won't really know till about the 6-month mark anyway (takes new leadership a while for their effect to be known).

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by Brer Bear
                              I just hope we're not getting stuck with Paul Pressler II...:beg:
                              Well Pressler was a numbers man from Retail...and that was double screwed because numbers men in retail rarely even see a store...so when it comes to theme parks they are lost. At least Matt and Ed are both (were both?) veterans of resorts/parks and know what a park's needs are. Ed's focus was growth...and if he's the one getting TDR to build the new hotels and such then maybe he understands growth comes with spending.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Analyst
                                Why does everyone have to say, He's african american guys, did you know he's african american, guess what, he's african american..

GET OVER IT

I agree with you, but you have to remember that Disneyland has been predominately white with upper management positions. I mean it doesn't matter to me as long as he does a good job with the parks and doesn't let them fall into disrepair and doesn't focus on profit but the guest experience.

Comment

If his main job in Tokyo was to convince OLC to keep investing in the resort and to think about the future of the resort, well than lets just hope he convince Burbank to do the same with DLR.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Analyst

GET OVER IT

No-one actually cared if he was black or white.
                                    People have stated they wanted a photo so they could put a face to the name.
                                    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                                    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                                    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                                    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                                    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                                    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                                    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                                    TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by kronos
                                      Yes! thank you! How did you find that?
                                      Cast portal

Comment

Working...
                                      X